Tag: mobile app dev
ABCey’s Weekend Line-up: 2.21.13 – 2.24.13
ABCey has got another round of great events for you to enjoy in San Francisco this weekend. From Pop-up stores to the Polar Plunge, there’s always a variety of fun experiences to check out!
1. Storenvy Pop-up Shop | 2.21 | Crocker Galleria – 50 Post St | Stop by the Storenvy Pop-Up Shop at Crocker Galleria from 4-8pm for a night of drinks, music and fun. Shop four amazing local designers and mingle with brands, retailers and space owners who are all excited about the future of pop-up retail. On the agenda is the Harlem Shake at 7pm, so bring your costumes and props. The Storenvy Pop-up Shop runs from February 18 to March 18 and features Topshelf Boutique, Animal Instincts, Embergrass, After Eleven Apparel. Official hashtag: #POPUPENVY
2. Intro to Mobile App Development | 2.21 | Sandbox Suites – 567 Sutter St | Learn to make mobile applications is simpler than you think! The course will review the technologies being used in making applications and give you enough guidance for you to decide what the best strategy for you is for making an application. This is a beginner level class and can be of assistance to you if you don’t have any background in programming and are interested in building an app. It is also very helpful to those interested in or are currently working with programmers.
3. Pancakes & Booze Art Show | 2.22-2.23 | Bar 4N5 – 863 Mission St | LA’s Underground Art Show has made a home in San Francisco and is coming back February 22-23, 2013 for another two day run at Gallery 4N5. For a $5 cover charge expect to see the works from over 75 underground and emerging artists, live body painting, live audio and visual effects, a photo booth, a no-host bar and most importantly, an all-you-can-eat pancake bar. Enjoy live audio and visual performances byXpander Xperience, Matt Sabotage Nakamatani, KC Patterson, Joshy Nightshift, and Andy P.
4. 2013 Polar Plunge | 2.23 | Aquatic Park, Crissy Field| Come down to Crissy Field on February 23, 2013 and delight at watching other people freeze their tail ends off by taking a plunge in the bay with all proceeds going to the Special Olympics of Northern California. Unlike the Escape From Alcatraz triathlon, these hundreds of brave souls won’t be swimming, just braving it—some in wacky costumes—for a quick, but agonizing dip in the chilly waters of the SF Bay. For those too chicken for a plunge, they’ll be sent to the “Chicken Coop” so be sure to wash them with ridicule… and donate a buck to their cause while you’re at it!
5. 2013 Oscars Bash with Peaches Christ | 2.24 | The Midnight Sun – 4067 18th St | Join Peaches Christ and celebrity commentators, Lady Bear and Hugz Bunny on the red carpet for the ultimate queer super bowl, the 2013 Academy Awards on February 24, 2013. From the pre-show fashion parade to the crowning of the “Best Picture” Oscar, the on-hand drag commentators will be emceeing the awards ceremony, sharing opinions and providing recaps during the commercial breaks all night long. This will be a live viewing party and guests are encouraged to dress to impress for the “Oscar Character Costume Contest” – Django couture, Mary Todd Lincoln Realness, Black-tie OBL, Drag Of The Southern Wild.
Which of these events will we see you at? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!