It’s almost Friday! ABCey brings you this week’s San Francisco Weekend Lineup with the top events happening in the Bay Area! We hope you have plenty of room on your schedule. We have things from Street Soccer USA to TreasureFest to Guaclandia!
July 27-29 | 3pm – 11pm | Free admission | Alameda County Fairgrounds, Pleasanton, CA
Bring all your friends! It’s the first ever NorCal Night Market with with food, games, art, shopping, and performances at Alameda County Fairgrounds! It’s the perfect place to find unique and amazing gifts for all your loved ones from crafts vendors or commission a special piece by a local artist at our Art Walk!
July 27-28 | Times vary by day | Free admission | SF Marathon Health & Fitness Expo, 2 Marina Boulevard
Love avocados? Express your love at Guaclandia! The makers of the WHOLLY GUACAMOLE® brand invite Bay Area residents to visit Guaclandia, its one-of-a-kind mobile exhibit dedicated to all things avocado. It’ll be filled with Instagram-able photo ops paired with tons of guacamole on the side!
Saturday, July 28 | 11am – 2:30pm | Free admission | Waverly Place, San Francisco
Craving Chinatown is the first food festival in the Chinatown community! It will feature a selection of restaurants and foods that bring back memories of the San Francisco Chinatown community. Local Chinatown restaurants will feature unique dishes and snacks as well as food demonstrations! It’ll be the perfect San Francisco weekend!
July 28-29 | 9am – 5pm | Free | Union Square, San Francisco
We’re just as upset as you are that the World Cup ended! But not to fret, Street Soccer USA is coming to San Francisco! Teams from all ages and backgrounds will come together to share and to celebrate their diversity and passion for our city in our Social Impact, Corporate, and Open Cup competitions. Find your friends and cheer for your favorite team!
July 28-29 | 10am – 4pm | Cost: $5.00 | 500 Ave n, San Francisco, CA 94130
TreasureFest hosts 400+ local artists, makers, designers, antique collectors, under ground food start-ups, & more. Hope your bellies are empty and your dancing shoes are on because there are tons of food trucks and food tents with Hawaiian inspired dishes and local bands will be playing all day long! Also, the first 1000 each day get lei’d! (free leis).
July 27-30 | Friday 12:00pm – Monday 9am | Cost: $205+ | Belden Town Resort, Belden CA 95915
Be prepared for a weekend full of amazing artists like Solar, Galen and J-Bird, to get you pumped! There’ll also be muralists and live painters, as well as art installations and interactive pieces. If you’re ready for a weekend full of fun in the river, friends, art, music, and food, pack your bags!
What does your San Francisco weekend lineup look like?
Which events are you most excited about? Did you go to one and loved it? We’d love to hear from you! Let us know about it in the comments below or on Facebook or Twitter! We hope to see you there!
Pride is finally here! ABCey has a list of 10 tips that will help you survive and make the best out of this weekend full of love and festivities!
1. Sun Protection
Afternoons in our foggy city may be cool, but be sure to put on some sun protection (sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses) before you leave the house to avoid some nasty sun burns!
2. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate
We may not even know it, but it’s easy to become dehydrated when we spend the day dancing and keeping up with our favorite floats at Pride! Don’t forget to bring your own Hydro Flask water bottle to save a few bucks and to stay well-hydrated.
3. Bring Ca$h
Many local vendors will be at Pride, so be sure to bring some cash to support your LGBTQ-friendly businesses in case they don’t accept credit cards!
4. Phone Charger
You’re going to be taking pictures and videos all day, so make sure you bring a portable charger so that you don’t run out of juice. Snap away!
You won’t worry about losing your phone or any of your free Pride swag when you put it in a cute bag!
6. Comfortable Shoes
We all have those super shoes that we’re dying to wear out, but opt for your comfiest shoes because you’ll be on your feet all day!
7. Add Some Rainbows!
What Pride outfit is complete without rainbows? Whether it’s on an umbrella or on your socks, add a rainbow for a little more fun!
If you don’t have the perfect outfit for Pride yet, don’t worry! Rainbow glitter is the ultimate makeshift outfit! Cover yourself in glitter and head out to the parade! What else could you possibly need?!
9. Pride Balloons
What’s more fun than balloons? Use rainbow balloons to accessorize your outfit or to just carry around the parade!
10. Bring Your Friends!
Friends make any event better! Round up all your closest friends to eat amazing food and to make memories you’ll talk about for years!
For more pride-inspired fun, ABCey Events has a Pre-Pride Checklist for you!
Every year, we spend a whopping $17.6 billion dollars on Valentine’s Day. How lucky for Hallmark! ABCey has compiled a list of the most useful V-Day related apps, whether you’re celebrating or single. We hope you ♥ them!
1. Helpful Romantic: Maybe you’re finding yourself a little unprepared, and maybe this app can (definitely) help you. It has last-minute date ideas and suggestions based on your significant others personality. You can even store highlights of your relationship so you never forget!
2. Valentine’s Day Special: This app is chalk-full of V-Day poems, ways to say I love you, love poems, and even the best love making songs (not so sure about this one).
3. Red Stamp: Skip those lame cards this year and send a personalized e-card to your loved one via e-mail or text! You can even go for the snail-mail route for a small charge.
4. Crowded Room: Single this Valentine’s Day? This app is perfect to help you find a special someone. Check in where you are, and where you’re headed that night, and the app will help you meet people with similar interests! Good thing it works for the other 364 days of the year, too!
5. OpenTable: Haven’t made a reservation yet? Fear not, this app will allow you to see what is still available in their database of over 15,000 restaurants across the US, Canada and UK! Keep using the app and earn dining cheques: good at any OpenTable restaurant.
6. Love Scan: Try this super corny app with your loved one for a love match percentage and a laugh (all based on a fingerprint scan).