Tag: lights down low
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup 12.6.13 – 12.8.13
There’s a ton of fun events taking place all over San Francisco this weekend, as usual. We’ve got a holiday tradition at Yerba Buena, a fun athletic event benefiting the Make-A-Wish foundation, a couple of amazing music performances, and of course an awesome vendor fair. Not to mention, we have a special featured event by DISTRIKT that you just can’t miss!
FEATURED EVENT: Distrikt Holidaze Koktail Party | Saturday, December 7 | 161 Erie St | Time to get all gussied up and fancy schmancy! This awesome event boasts a great list of DJ’s to perform including: DJ Kramer, Ben Seagren, Matt Kramer and many more! Better yet, all proceeds go to DISTRIKT and Make-A-Wish Foundation. Make sure to get tickets at a great price online, but don’t worry, because you can still get them at the door! Don’t miss out on this one of a kind holiday event!
1. The Velveteen Rabbit: 25th Anniversary | Friday, December 6 | 11am | Yerba Buena Center for the Arts | Head on down to the Yerba Buena Center for this beloved Bay Area holiday tradition. Told though music, dance and a powerful narrative, The Velveteen Rabbit celebrates the unique relationship between a little boy and his stuffed rabbit, and the enduring power of love. The classic festive costumes and madcap characters definitely bring the perfect amount of holiday cheer!
2. Brave the Bay 2013| Saturday, December 7 | 11am | San Francisco Aquatic Park | Attendees choose which athletic event most appeals to them – or they can participate in all of the activities in the “Santa Triathlon!” Come as a spectator (it’s free to watch) or join the fun to help raise money for Make-A-Wish. You’ll be helping grant wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions. This active, festive holiday-themed event is perfect for San Franciscans of any age!
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Tour | Saturday, December 7 | 8pm | Bill Graham Civic Center | Experience a totally different form of music and appreciate a genre beyond its limitation by getting tickets to this Macklemore and Ryan Lewis show. The duo linked up in order to create their unique debut EP titled VS. Witness the coming together of hot genres such as contemporary, and Hip-Hop while also experiencing other less familiar genres. It’s definitely a show you wouldn’t want to miss!
4. Lights Down Low | Saturday, December 7 | 10pm | Monarch | This weekend two popular acts, from slightly different spectrums of the musical scale, will come together for an amazing event. Deniz Kurtel, who is a huge fan of Burning Man and is often the featured centerpiece of Wolf + Lamb, is bringing her influences of deep house music. The other act, Pictureplane, will bring his music mixes that include dark synth, new wave, pop and progressive house music. It should be exciting to see how these two artists will work together this weekend.
5. SF Made | Sunday, December 8 | 10am – 5pm | Fort Mason Center | Check out San Francisco’s favorite local holiday fair. You can discover locally made gift items from 50 different vendors including: jewelry, apparel, gourmet gifts, chocolate and more! Also new this year, enjoy hot mulled wine from Sutton Cellars and yummy holiday knishes from King Knish.
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup 11.1.13 – 11.3.13
Happy Halloween folks! We hope your costumes and candy are ready for tonight. Unfortunately some of us still have work tomorrow, but thankfully there’s only one day left of the work week! Check out ABCey‘s Weekend Lineup for more Halloween festivities that will carry you through the weekend.
1. Creature Double Feature | Friday, November 1st | 6pm | Great American Music Hall | Don’t feel like partying out on the town? Well luckily we’ve got a few scary movies to keep your Halloween spirit alive. Head on down to the Great American Music Hall to watch not one, but two films! They will be showcasing the classic horror films, The Shining and The Haunting.
2. Above & Beyond Halloween Group Therapy | Friday, November 1st | 7pm – 1am | Bill Graham Civic Auditorium | Have a post Halloween celebration with trance music’s most revered trio! Above & Beyond’s immense and ambitious live performance is sure to keep you entertained all night long.
3. Lights Down Low | Saturday, November 2nd | 9pm – 2am | Mezzanine | Come out to Mezzanine to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos and the ending to another great Halloween weekend. Some of the hottest DJs will be in-house, so come dressed with your best face paint and dance the night away!
4. “Carrie” The Musical | Saturday, November 2nd | 2pm | Victoria Theatre | Based on Stephen King’s best-selling novel, Carrie has been reworked and remade into the newest Broadway show. See what happens when a high-school outcast discovers her chilling powers, and what she decides to do with it.
5. Free Dive Bar BBQ | Sunday, November 3rd | 3pm – 7pm | Bender’s Bar & Grill | Did I hear someone say free and BBQ in the same sentence? Sign us up! Considering Sunday is the only day the kitchen is closed, come take advantage of these offerings. If that’s not enough, they’ll have a special for their beers and margaritas. There’s also an awesome juke box and pool tables to keep you entertained all day long.
Do you plan on attending any of these events? Let us know where you’re headed by leaving a comment below or on Facebook & Twitter.