Humans love feeling connected to nature, and it can be very therapeutic too! Well, there’s a new emerging trend in the event industry that relies heavily on the bioliphic design concept. It also seeks to incorporate naturally designed spaces into your events. Read more to learn about the many benefits of nature-inspired events, both for the event planner and the attendees.
There are 4 Main Benefits of Nature-Based Design that have been scientifically proven. These include, improved well-being, improved productivity, enhanced creativity, and an increased likelihood of positive emotions. These all come from feeling connected to the outdoors, and all of them are helpful for event managers seeking to make their guests happy!
How to Do It
There are two key strategies to incorporating nature into your events:
This could include outdoor terraces and balconies, views of the water, such as the ocean, lakes or pond, and abundant natural light through skylights and large windows. Green walls and water features, gardens and outdoor greenspace, or décor that uses natural materials, like wood and stone are also good options!
Bring the outdoors to an indoor venue! There are several ways to do this, such as:
- Seeing nature: You can accomplish this through digital signage and walls, backdrops, artwork, and murals that include elements of nature. Live herbal centerpieces, hedge rows, or an indoor garden, forest, or water feature can also give your guests a sense of being outside!
- Hearing nature: Events can get pretty loud and busy, so what’s more desirable than a nice spot to get some peace and quiet? Start by selecting a location within the venue that’s as quiet as possible. Offer speakers or headsets with natural sounds of running water, ocean waves, bird song, etc. that your attendees can listen to when they want to relax!
- Feeling nature: Textures like wood, sand, water, stone, and grass stimulate biophilic responses, so try to find a way to incorporate these into your event space! These materials could be used in onsite hubs, lounges, and exhibit booths, for example.
- Smelling nature: Even just the smell of the outdoors can connect people to the outside world. Try infusing your event space with natural scents using essential oils. By picking the right scent, you’re sure to generate positive feelings among your guests!
What’s one of your favorite nature inspired events?
Source: Event Manager Blog
Get excited because Fall is approaching quickly! Time to sip warm cocoa, plan your get togethers with family and friends, and watch the leaves magically change. Make sure you’re ready for all your Autumn events with unique seasonal decorations! To help you, ABCey Events has compiled a list of 7 unique Fall centerpieces!
1. Autumn Log Centerpiece
You can light up your table with just a log and tealight candles! With a little drilling and placing, you have the perfect centerpiece! Also, this candlelit log goes great with anything earthy like small acorns and fall colored leaves. If you want a color pop, add in some bright red cranberries and pumpkins around the log! Leave your guests feeling toasty and warm while they enjoy their meal!
2. Glittery Acorn Fall Centerpieces
Already seeing acorns on your neighborhood street? Preserve and reuse them as a budget-friendly fall decor! These DIY Glitter Acorns are great centerpieces and will surely make your event look colorful and shiny! Simply spray paint them in a variety of colors, add a touch of glitter, and put them in a vase on display for all your guests to see. Also, you can spread them out on your table for a more casual yet colorful style!
3. Citrus Centerpieces
Citrus fruit comes in so many fun and festive colors. So use them this Fall as perfect bright centerpieces! Combine decorative flowers, branches, acorns, etc. with real oranges and limes to create a vibrant feel. And this is so simple to put together. Create this sophisticated and classy citrus centerpiece!
3. Floral Pumpkins
Combine your pumpkins with flowers to create a one of a kind design! Intrigue your guests with these floral pumpkins and use this unique trick to decorate your centerpieces. In addition, this quick DIY is perfect if you ever need a fast centerpiece! And, there are different ways of making this flower covered pumpkin!
4. Autumn Leaf Bowl
Upgrade your bowl and get into the Autumn spirit with this DIY! Great for decorating or holding treats, this Fall leaf bowl is very versatile. So grab some Mod Podge glue, fake Fall leaves, Kryon Glaze, plastic wrap, and a bowl or balloon. In fact it’s that easy to make this creative fall centerpiece.
5. Paper Pumpkins
Tired of real pumpkins? Then try paper pumpkins! Make your centerpieces stand out with these creatively colored paper pumpkins. They are absolutely adorable and super easy to make! Because there are so many colors to choose from, you’re options are unlimited!
7. Turkey Masterpiece
When it comes to Fall, turkey is a must have for your events! Don’t have a real, paper, ceramic, or clay turkey? No problem! Instead, you can create this artistic turkey centerpiece! So grab a pumpkin, Sahara floral foam, glue, carrots, cranberries and amongst other foods to create this! Set this turkey out during your event and watch your guests marvel at your masterpiece!
We are already zipping through November which means that before we know it, Thanksgiving will roll on by to make way for December holidays. With these busy months coming up that are sure to be filled with lots of holiday parties, ABCey has gathered 5 ways to make use of those scattered leaves to make sure you and your house are party ready!
1. Wrapping | Amp up simple wrapping paper with brightly colored Fall leaves. And the best part, they’re free! Just check out your backyard!
2. Stuffing | Stuff a vase with colorful leaves to create an easy center piece! Add in some acorns or little pumpkins you may have laying around too!
3. Candles | Give candles that Fall touch with a colorful leaf wrapped around it to instantly brighten your home!
4. Garlands | Garlands are a great decoration in general as they always tie a room together so nicely, but by making one with all your fall leaves, you are sure to grab attention!
5. Table Setting | What better way to decorate a Fall themed table than with Fall colors that are all natural! Want a little glitz? Spray paint the leaves metallic! So chic!