Start Up Monday: Munchery
Startup Monday is ABCey’s weekly post that features some of the best and brightest companies in the Bay Area. They are often companies that we have our eye on or have worked with in the past & would like to share with friends and followers of ABCey Events!
With the mission of “reinventing weeknight dinner!” Munchery provides for its followers not only affordable food delivered right to your door, but healthy food as well (and did we mention tasty!) Working in event planning we understand what it’s like to live life on the go, being swamped with overflowing meeting and scheduling, planning out what’s for dinner is usually just an after thought to an already stressful day. But with Munchery meals you get food that is good as well as convenient with an ever changing menu that is sure to rival your local chinese take out!
How it works: Every day a team of local chefs create a variety of handmade entrees and desserts, all you have to do is select an entree of your choosing and select a time for delivery between 5-9pm (and don’t forget to tip your delivery driver).
Why we love it!: Not only does the Munchery provide it’s customers with deliciously affordable meals but for every meal ordered a meal is donated! And not to mention that the business is green, using sustainable packaging with boxes made of renewable plant fibers.
Would you try out Munchery? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
The 6 Best Snacks to Eat While Working in a Stressful Job
Working at ABCey Events, we know how stressful event planning can be. Sometimes there is not even enough time to eat a proper meal, which can have a negative impact on our health. Instead of grabbing a burger and fries at the nearest fast food place, you could spend your money on much healthier food that also helps you to become more relaxed. ABCey shows you the 6 best snacks to eat while working in a stressful job.
Avocados are a real nutrient booster! They include glutathione, lutein, beta carotene, folate and the vitamins A and B. A few slices of avocado added to your sandwich gives you a boost of all these vital nutrients! But avocados are also great in salads or dips. The potassium included in avocados also lowers your blood pressure and makes you feel more relaxed. But be aware that avocados also include a lot of fat and should be enjoyed in moderation.
Bananas officially belong to the world’s healthiest foods. Similar to avocados, bananas include a lot of potassium, which lowers blood pressure. They also fill you up quickly and are an ideal snack to eat if you’re in a rush. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
No matter if you like raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries; they are all a great source of antioxidants, which are linked to all kinds of health benefits and promote brain function. Berries are also very rich in vitamin C, which lowers blood pressure and relieves stress.
Fresh vegetables are always a good snack! Crunchy carrots or celery stalks are simply fun to eat and make you feel refreshed. They are low in calories but high in vitamins, which makes them real feel-good snacks. Additionally, we can dip our veggies in tasteful dips or hummus.
Nuts boost our immune system with vitamins and zinc. Particularly walnuts include omega-3 fatty acids that prevent memory loss and keep our brain fit. Cashew nuts are especially rich in zinc, which fights against anxiety and depression. In addition, almonds, pistachios, and hazelnuts are great snacks for when you’re on the go.
Now that we’ve got the vitamins taken care of, it’s time for a different kind of power snack! Chocolate is a stress relieving snack that triggers specific hormones in our brain which help us to relax. Research has proven the positive effects of chocolate consumption on our mood and stress levels. The darker the chocolate, the more polyphenol and flavonol it contains. These antioxidants help us to stay calm in stressful situations. It’s a great excuse you can use to enjoy chocolate even more in the future!
What is your favorite snack to enjoy when you are stressed? Tell us about it in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter.
Top 5 Fitness Apps
It’s March and Summer is just around the corner. It’s time to start getting in shape and toning those beach bods. Not that you’ll be anywhere near the beaches here in San Francisco, but you can use this time to get ready for your next tropical vacation. ABCey has compiled a list of our favorite lifestyle apps for you to take advantage of before Summer hits!
1. MyFitnessPal: This is the best app for you to record your daily activity, food consumption and workouts. It’s super easy to use and can be extremely beneficial if used everyday!
2. Sworkit: Hallelujah! We have found a simple, on-the-go type of workout program. Choose from a quick 5 minute workout, to a more difficult 60 minute routine. It has two options: cardio and strength training. From there, you pick which area of the body you’d like to focus on.
3. Fooducate: Scan the barcode of the food you’re purchasing and Fooducate analyzes information found in each product’s nutrition panel and ingredient list. You get to see the stuff manufacturers don’t want you to notice, such as excessive sugar and tricky trans fats.
4. Runtastic: Take your fitness to a new level with Runtastic, the best running and fitness app on Android! Runtastic uses GPS to map your sports and fitness activities, such as: running, jogging, biking, or walking.
5. Bleep Fitness Test: Before you begin your fitness kick, Perform the mutli-stage Bleep Fitness Test to determine your true level of fitness. Use it as a tool to improve yourself. It is designed to push your stamina and endurance to the limit.
Challenge yourself with these apps! Let us know which ones worked best for you in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!