Startup Monday is ABCey’s weekly post that showcases some of the most innovative startups based in San Francisco! These are often companies that we have our eye on or have worked with in the past. This week, we are putting the spotlight on Guardant Health!
What is Guardant Health?
Guardant Health was founded in 2012 by Amir Ali Talasaz and Helmy Eltoukhy. It works to improve patient health through technology breakthroughs that address long-standing unmet needs in oncology. It has helped thousands of oncologists learn actionable and accurate information about thousands of patients, while eliminating the risks and costs of tissue biopsies. Guardant Health’s genomic test allows them to appropriately match advanced-cancer patients to approved drugs in clinical trials as well as targeted therapies.
How Does it Work?
Using Guardant Health is simple. Start by submitting two tubes of blood. Guardant Health will then look for actionable somatic alterations on solid tumor sites. From there, doctors will get clear and accurate results within two weeks that they can use to help patients get the treatment they need. Guardant Health also manages billing and provides financial support, making your experience easy and affordable.
Why we Love Guardant Health!
Cancer is the second leading cause of death world-wide and 1 and 6 people will likely die of cancer. Guardant Health seeks to change this through minimally invasive biopsies using innovative technology, which helps doctors quickly and accurately determine the appropriate course of treatment based on patients’ needs. At ABCey, we love tech, especially when it is used for good! Also, as an event-planning company, we value fast service and Guardant Health certainly delivers fast results!
Have you had the opportunity to use Guardant Health or know someone who might benefit from trying it out? We’d love to hear from you! Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter! If you’d like to see other San Francisco startups we’ve featured before, click here.
As women, we have so much that interests us: health, beauty, current events, travel… the list goes on and on! If you’re looking for news and tips that directly appeal to you, look no further than ABCey’s favorite women’s lifestyle sites!
1. All Women Stalk | No matter what you’re into- health, celeb gossip, beauty- All Women Stalk has it! Visit the site or download the free app on your iPhone for daily articles about tips, tricks, and trends in the fields that interest you.
2. Brit.co | Think of this site as Martha Stewart for the modern gal! Technology, cooking, decorating, and style are mixed with a DIY flair to keep you creative and crafty!
3. The Beauty Bean | True beauty, health, and wellness tips and articles without a focus on dieting and getting thin. This site will make you feel truly beautiful inside and out without the negative attitudes!
4. Corporette | Are you an overachieving career chick? This is the perfect site for you (and all those who want to be)! If your lifestyle IS your career, you’ll love the job advice and fashion tips for being office fabulous.
5. She Knows | Every part of your life (parenting, home, health, love… the list never ends!) ends up on one all-inclusive site. Whatever She knows, you’ll be excited to know too!