Tag: hardly strictly bluegrass
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: 10.4.13 – 10.6.13
The weekend is almost here! Get though these last couple days by checking out ABCey’s weekend lineup, the events we are most excited for this weekend.
1. Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival | Friday, October 4th – Sunday, October 6th | 11 a.m – 7 p.m. | Golden Gate Park | Hardly Strictly is back! With over 90 bands, this has become the largest free music festival in the county. Make sure you check out the lineup on the event website so you don’t miss your favorites!
2. Re:Make by Brit + Co | Friday, October 4th – Saturday, October 5th | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Fort Mason | We are SO excited because the Re:Make by Brit + Co is finally here! Day one is exclusive, consisting of dozens of guest speakers including Jess Lee from Polyvore, Jennifer Hyman from Rent the Runway, and Susan Gregg Koger from Modcloth. Day two is an artisan craft fair open to the public, where over 90 vendors will be showcasing their crafts. Make sure you stop by on the second day, it’s going to be a lot of fun!
3. Sunset Season Closer | Sunday, October 6th | 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. | Stafford Lake, Novato | Come celebrate the last warm days of summer with live entertainment, and a party at Monarch afterwards. There’s no cover charge, but there is a parking fee.
4. Oaktoberfest Beer Festival | Saturday, October 5th | All Day | Dimond District, Oakland | This family friendly beer festival includes live entertainment, an amateur skate competition, German food, and of course a biergarten. The event is free to get into, but make sure to bring money for beer and food.
5. First Fridays Art Crawl | Friday, October 4th | North Beach | 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. | Every first Friday of the month, art galleries, museums, bars, and restaurants in North Beach stay open late for self guided tours. There are over a dozen participants, including Focus Gallery, Live Worms, and Park and Pond.
What will you be doing this weekend? Let us know in the comments, or on Facebook or Twitter!
ABCey’s Countdown To The 10 Most Anticipated SF Events!
The Bay Area motto has to be “Work Hard, Play Hard!” Between the bevy of incredible tech event opportunities, huge concerts, and entire days devoted to chocolate, beer, and bacon, this city definitely keeps us busy. Join ABCey as we count down on our calendars to the 10 most anticipated SF events!
1. Bacon and Beer Festival | Saturday, August 25th | 2:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m. | 950 Mason Street, San Francisco | As if every day of our lives wasn’t devoted to this classical combo already! We’re gonna keep it simple: bacon vendors, breweries, and tastings. Perfection.
2. Oracle OpenWorld | Sunday, September 22nd- Thursday, September 26th | Moscone Center, San Francisco | Oracle puts on its annual OpenWorld event to showcase any news and products to over 45,000 attendees. Amongst the hundreds of sponsors and exhibitions, customize your experience by choosing events that focus on communications, customer experience, big data, and more! In addition to the networking and learning opportunities, there’s bound to be plenty of fun integrating Oracle Team USA and the America’s Cup!
3. America’s Cup Finals | September 17th-21st | Pier 27/29, San Francisco| Whether you’re a boat racing fanatic or just love the waterfront views, the America’s Cup Finals are a must-see. Cheer on your favorite team before all these beautiful boats leave the bay!
4. TechCrunch’s Distrupt SF | Saturday, September 7th- Wednesday, September 11th | The Concourse at San Francisco Design Center | This tech conference is back with new startups, speakers, and technology to discuss! It kicks off with the much-anticipated hackathon, but the real stars of the show are the startups that have a chance to present their business plans in the Startup Battlefield.
5. Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival | September 14th-15th, 2013 | Ghirardelli Chocolate Company | Celebrate SF’s favorite chocolate company with ice-cream eating contests, chef demos, and tons of chocolate samples! This year, they’ve offered a wine and chocolate pavillion because, well, nothing’s better than chocolate and wine!
6. VM World Defy Convention 2013 | Sunday, August 25th- Thursday, August 29th | VMWorld Campus, San Francisco | VMWorld is all about pinpointing problems in the tech world and teaching you the skills to fix them. Attendees can visit over 350 training sessions, hands-on labs, or the Solutions Exchange to see what other companies are doing or compare notes with IT industry experts.
7. BurningMan | August 26th- September 2nd, 2013 | Black Rock Desert, Nevada | Take a break from the hustle of city life and find yourself in the art-based, self-reliant, and self-defiant community that is BurningMan. At this festival, YOU are the entertainment and play an active role in creating and participating in the events.
8. CloudBeat | Monday, September 9th- Tuesday, September 10th | The Grand Hyatt, San Francisco | Cloud technology has played a huge role in the changing face of technology and startups in the past few years, and attending CloudBeat will keep you on top of all things cloud. Through industry speakers and activities, the event will explore the rise of the cloud enterprise and its integration into the web.
9. Hardly Strictly Bluegrass | October 4th, 2013- October 6th, 2013 | Golden Gate Park| It’s hard to imagine going to a free, non-sponsored event anywhere, but HSB is a musical haven for the Bay Area community. Although it started as a bluegrass festival, the lineup has expanded to include artists like Emmylou Harris, Earl Scruggs, and more!
10. BoxWorks | Sunday, September 15th- Tuesday, September 17th | Hilton San Francisco | Box is sponsoring a two-day event aimed towards what’s possible and what’s next in technology, business, society, and Box itself. Expect visionary speakers, deep conversations, lasting connections, and an “epic after party!”