ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: Halloweekend
It’s that time of year when the air gets chilly, the leaves get crunchy, and pumpkin everything! Hauntingly fun atmospheres and events are coming into the bay area. ABCey’s weekend lineup will keep you tuned in to all the Halloween weekend festivities for an exciting and spooky weekend.
1. Halloween Extravaganza
Friday, October 30th, 2015 | 5pm to 8pm | Bayview Opera House, SF | FREE
The party starts this Friday with food, fall themed activities, and family fun at the Bayview Opera House. Wear your best costume to win the contest or get ready to carve pumpkins while listening and watching live ‘Thriller’ themed dance performances. There is something for everyone at this event with face-painting and trick or treating for the kids and a beer and wine garden for parents. RSVP here.
2. Mayhem Mansion
Friday & Sat, October 30th – 31st, 2015 | 7pm to 10:30pm | 2007 Franklin Street, SF | $20
Halloween isn’t just for the kids anymore! Get ready to be scared in a uniquely haunted tour through an old 1886 Victorian. A haunted host will guide you through the thrills and chills located at every twist and turn in this beautiful historic home. Adults can prepare to be spooked at the ‘Spookeasy’ bar, enter a raffle, and learn more about the home. Say hi to Casper! Find out more here.
3. Ghost Ship Halloween VIII
Friday & Saturday, October 30st – 31st, 2015 | 9pm to 4am | Pier 70, SF | $50-65
Located in the heart of dog patch, Ghost ship Halloween boasts of cutting edge modern art installations made from all recyclable materials. Along with the overwhelming atmosphere of large scale indulgent creations there will be 70 featured DJ’s to create a Halloween dance party that goes all night long. Find out more here.
4. ScareCo: Haunted Hornet
Friday, & Saturday, October 30th – 31st, 2015 | 7pm to 12am | 707 West Hornet Ave Alameda, CA | $40
We all know houses can be haunted but haunted boats? Try something different this year by venturing on the USS Hornet. Walk through the haunted gallows while experiencing tidings from spooky creatures and mythical beings! Don’t be too surprised if you see the un-dead greeting you with a mischievous smile, there are plenty of those as well. Get tickets here.
Saturday, October 31st, 2015 | 11am – 2pm | 428 11th Street, SF | FREE
Bring all your little werewolves out to the yard this year with this fun and free dog Howl-O-Ween! There will be a pup parade where you can show off your costumed pooch as well as treat themselves to some dog friendly candy by Paw Patch Pastries & Pet Boutique! Oh, and there is human food there too.
What makes you most excited about this weeks weekend lineup events! Let us know in the comments below or find us on twitter and facebook! Happy Halloween!
Five Last Minute Halloween Costumes!
In a pinch finding a Halloween costume for tonight’s festivities? Don’t fear ABCey Events is here to help you create the perfect Halloween costume (last minute!)
1. Instagram Post
Grab a poster board, print out the Instagram logo, and your profile photo and voila!
2. Pugsley and Wednesday Addams
Put on some tights and tie your hair in braids as you emulate the woeful Wednesday Adams!
Wanna feel a little frilly this Halloween? Why not put on a tutu and become a magical unicorn.
4. Morton Salt Girl
Hear there’s going to be a chance of rain? Don on your favorite yellow dress and a bubbly umbrella and be the Morton Salt girl!
Give your friends the silent treatment tonight with a stripped tee and your best mime moves.
What costume will you be donning this Halloween? Share with us in the comments below, or on Facebook and Twitter!
5 Last-Minute Halloween Event Decor Ideas
So you’ve sent out the invitations for your awesome Halloween event, but Halloween still managed to sneak up on you this year? Don’t worry because ABCey has you covered with these 5 Last-Minute Halloween Event Decor Ideas!
1. Melted Crayon Pumpkin
Add some color to your party this Halloween with these crafty Melted Crayon Pumpkins! All you need is a white pumpkin, crayons, and a hairdryer to get this psychedelic effect!
2. Ghoulish Lanterns
Light up your Halloween event with these Ghoulish Lanterns! What other faces can you come up with to draw on this creative decor?
3. Mason Jar Mummies
These adorable Mason Jar Mummies might look complex, but don’t be fooled, they only require 4 materials to get the job done!
4. Watermelon Brain
Watch as your guests get squeamish as they reach for this tasty Watermelon Brain. Would you dare to take a bite?
5. Foil Portrait
Probably the easiest of the bunch, the Foil Portrait provides a creepy, ghostlike profile of your loved ones in a matter of seconds with materials you already have at home!
Which one of these last-minute Halloween event decor ideas will you be trying? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
Seasonal Fall Foods for Our Tables
ABCey Events loves using the freshest fruits and vegetables to feed our guests! We are super excited to welcome a new season of food to spice up our event menus! Squash, apples, pears, sweet potatoes and other Fall foods are making their way onto our tables in the coming months. Here are some fun recipes to incorporate into your fall festivities!
Festive Pumpkin Dip
This spiced delicious Festive Pumpkin Dip is the perfect use of seasonal fruits and vegetables, like pumpkin and peppers, to serve to your guests as an appetizer. Just be warned, they may not want to stop for the main course!
Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes, Apples, and Onions
While the turkey might be the protein of choice in November, we think pork roast goes pretty well with classic Autumn vegetables. In this Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes, Apples, and Onions, you’ll be able to experience all of the Fall flavors in one delicious dish. Did we mention this recipe is gluten free?
Apple Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze
Apples, spices, and caramel glaze; what is more Fall than an Apple Bundt Cake? We’re sure we won’t be able to leave the table after having a slice of this festive cake, but it’ll be worth it!
Spiked Mulled Apple Cider
Cozy up with a spiked mulled apple cider on a chilly Fall day. Basically the Autumn version of sangria, this hot drink has orange zest, cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg and apples of course! Just keep them coming.
What are your favorite foods to eat this season? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
5 Spine-Chilling Halloween Event Ideas to Spook-ify your Night
Happy October! At ABCey, we are so excited to start October because that means Halloween is right around the corner. We’ve collected a list of our 5 favorite hair-raising Halloween event ideas for you to start planning now!
Host a Murder Mystery Party
Send out invitations in creepy-crawly font and plan the meal to revolve around Halloween-inspired food (think: Bloody Mary potatoes, Vampire Delight Martini, and Turtle Caramel Apples).
Throw a Scary Movie Marathon
Make some popcorn, light some candles, and get ready to scream! In need of some scary movie ideas? Put on Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and, obviously, Halloween!
Hold a Pumpkin Carving Party
With a spooky playlist and plenty of templates, hold a pumpkin carving party to get in touch with your artsy crafty side. Bonus: You can roast the pumpkin seeds for a healthy, delicious snack when you’re done!
Entertain a Haunted House
While this event might call for the most work, the quality you put in will most certainly correlate with the number of screams. Don’t forget to add plenty of cobwebs and maybe even a chainsaw or two.
Throw a Costume Party
Of course, for all of the events above, costumes should be involved, but have a specific party that recognizes each person’s unique outfit! Vote on “Most Creative,” “Scariest Couple,” “Naughtiest Costume,” and “Best Dressed!” Eat, Drink, and Be Scary!
What are your plans this Halloween? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup 11.1.13 – 11.3.13
Happy Halloween folks! We hope your costumes and candy are ready for tonight. Unfortunately some of us still have work tomorrow, but thankfully there’s only one day left of the work week! Check out ABCey‘s Weekend Lineup for more Halloween festivities that will carry you through the weekend.
1. Creature Double Feature | Friday, November 1st | 6pm | Great American Music Hall | Don’t feel like partying out on the town? Well luckily we’ve got a few scary movies to keep your Halloween spirit alive. Head on down to the Great American Music Hall to watch not one, but two films! They will be showcasing the classic horror films, The Shining and The Haunting.
2. Above & Beyond Halloween Group Therapy | Friday, November 1st | 7pm – 1am | Bill Graham Civic Auditorium | Have a post Halloween celebration with trance music’s most revered trio! Above & Beyond’s immense and ambitious live performance is sure to keep you entertained all night long.
3. Lights Down Low | Saturday, November 2nd | 9pm – 2am | Mezzanine | Come out to Mezzanine to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos and the ending to another great Halloween weekend. Some of the hottest DJs will be in-house, so come dressed with your best face paint and dance the night away!
4. “Carrie” The Musical | Saturday, November 2nd | 2pm | Victoria Theatre | Based on Stephen King’s best-selling novel, Carrie has been reworked and remade into the newest Broadway show. See what happens when a high-school outcast discovers her chilling powers, and what she decides to do with it.
5. Free Dive Bar BBQ | Sunday, November 3rd | 3pm – 7pm | Bender’s Bar & Grill | Did I hear someone say free and BBQ in the same sentence? Sign us up! Considering Sunday is the only day the kitchen is closed, come take advantage of these offerings. If that’s not enough, they’ll have a special for their beers and margaritas. There’s also an awesome juke box and pool tables to keep you entertained all day long.
Do you plan on attending any of these events? Let us know where you’re headed by leaving a comment below or on Facebook & Twitter.
Pumpkin Carving Party
We are always looking for any excuse to have an event! This October, why not have some friends over for a pumpkin carving party? What better way to ring in the holidays and to relax with friends?! Here are 5 of ABCey’s favorite things we think you may need for this Halloween inspired event.
1. Blankets | We love all these blanket ideas from Brit+Co. So cute and warm, we can’t pick!
2. Warm Spiced Cider | Warm spiced cider is a must for any party past September. Our favorite is this one from Trader Joes!
3. Pumpkin Pie Popcorn | Spice up this snack with the perfect fall flavor: pumpkin! Guests will love this fun take on the otherwise ordinary snack.
4. The Perfect Playlist | No party is set without the perfect playlist. We like to use Grooveshark to make playlists and share them with our friends.
5. Pumpkins and Cutting tools |We love this article from Marthat Stewart with all the pumpkin tools you could ever need and how to use them!
What are your must haves for a pumpkin carving party? Let us know in a comment or on Facebook or Twitter! Make sure to stay updated with ABCey for event posts, ideas, and tech news!
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: 10.18.13 – 10.20.13
Only two more days until the weekend. Come on, we know you can do it! To get it started, here is ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: the top five events we are most excited for.
1. Pumpkin Festival & Parade | Saturday, October 19th – Sunday, October 20th | 9 a.m. – 5. p.m. | 501 Main Street, Half Moon Bay | This is the ultimate fall festival, and we are so excited! With the world’s largest pumpkin sculpture, pie eating contests, costume contests, and a pumpkin parade, it is sure to put you in the Halloween spirit!
2. Classic Car Show | Saturday, October 19th | 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Jack London Square | Feeling nostalgic? Come check out iconic vintage cars from the 1920’s – 1960’s era. Some honorable mentions include Model A’s, roadsters, and Thunderbirds, and there will be live entertainment as well!
3. Fiesta on the Hill | Sunday, October 20th | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Bernal Heights | This is a family friendly fall block party, hosting a petting zoo, pony rides, a pumpkin patch, and live music. The festival is open to everyone of all ages, and is alcohol free in order to emphasize family and the community.
4. Nike Women’s Marathon | Sunday, October 20th | 6:30 a.m. (race begins) | “I run to be.” On Sunday, thousands of brave woman will be induring 21.2 (or 13.1 for the half) miles of San Francisco hills and beautiful scenery. Make sure you head down to the finish line at Ocean Beach for post-race fun and excitement. And good luck to all the wonderful ladies running this weekend!
5. Friday Nights at the de Young | Friday, October 18th | 5:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. | de Young Museum Golden Gate Park | Friday nights at the de Young are a free weekly art party consisting of live music, dance performances, and film screenings. This week the theme is robots and festivities include multiple live performances, interactive robots, and a performance installation by Bad Unki Sista. It is going to be an amazing night so you should definitely try to check it out!
Will you be going to any of these events this weekend? Let us know in the comments or on Facebook or Twitter!