Last week, ABCey Events had the pleasure of producing FireEye Inc.’s Guardians of the Galaxy themed party for RSA Conference attendees. We had a blast with FireEye and their guests all night long! Here are our 10 favorite elements that made our Marvel Comics inspired theme fantastic! Check out the full gallery here.
1. Superhero Theme: We were so excited with the ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ theme we practically ran away with it! It was a great way to join old school comic book artistry with new age space hero design. We brushed up on our comic book knowledge as well as made sure to watch recent films, and it resulted in detailed accents fusing together both superhero worlds. We ordered tons of Marvel comic books to disperse around the venue, as well as action figures from Guardians of the Galaxy. We were not surprised that they were all gone by the end of the night!
2. 3D Projection Mannequin Mapping: 3D Projection mapping, LED installations and superhero LED installations, it was all tech and cutting edge for FireEye, renowned for its security. Guests we able to stand in as superhero cyborgs and mapping was used to project those images onto mannequins posed and ready to save the world, showing them just what they’d look like suited up in an Iron Man like costume. View the full gallery of the mannequin mapping results here.
3. Suit Up: What better way to get in the superhero mindset than to watch Catwoman and Black Widow mark their respective territories? Or converse with Supergirl at the door? Guests were delightfully treated to super interactions with superheros and performers spinning LED programmable hoops, spying around the venue as well as just greeting you at the door with a big smile! We loved SpinFX and their superhero inspired LED performances throughout the night.
5. The Green Monster: The Green Monster has been one of the coolest performers we’ve brought to an event at ABCey. The monster performs and dances with guests and is a great piece to get guests talking and interacting at your event. We loved the space monster’s moves on the dance floor as well as ability to get guests moving too! Can you believe that there are two people in there?!
6. Giggle and Riot Photobooth: Giggle and Riot is one of our favorite “fun” booth companies in San Francisco. Outfitted with an awesome customized life-sized comic backdrop and more superhero props than you can imagine, guests were able to pose right in a comic book page and take home the best keepsake, a photo strip of their adventure! Check out that gallery here.
7. Space Themed Arcade: No comic themed party would be complete without a superhero arcade! Guests were delighted to find classic arcade style games ready for them to set highscores on! Games included Galaga, Space Invaders, Area 51, Tron, Star Trek Pinball, and more!
8. Marvel Comic Themed Trivia Game: Lucky guests even got to test their superhero knowledge in a Marvel Trivia themed game. Guests won prizes in a battle of speed and wit hosted by Batman and Robin!
9. Snacks and Treats: After a long day at a conference guests want to kick back, mingle and snack while enjoying delicious drinks. We loved having yummy KIND bars scattered around as well as the fun finger foods provided by Temple SF. Our favorite drink of the night by far had to be the Malware Margarita complete with Silver Tequila, Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice, Cointreau, and Triple Sec!
10. LED Installations: Our favorite florist and designer, Neil Hunt of Hunt Littlefield created some amazing mixed media installations complete with submersible LED floralytes, bright red Colorfill vase gems, metallic silver balls, action figures & KAPOW signs. No need here for florals with the mostly male tech crowd!
10. DJ: DJ Celeste is one of our favorite ladies on the decks these day, and she brought her tunes to keep guests entertained and dancing all night long. She knows just how to bring the theme into her sets and even spun in some superhero themed tunes throughout the night along with the hottest Top 40 beats and indie-inspired tracks!
The RSA Conference was a successful week long event, and we are thrilled to have helped produce such an awesome RSA Party! We loved FireEye’s theme, as they are superheros who work diligently to protect against cyber attacks to ensure Internet security!
On Wednesday, November 20th ABCey Events produced CloudOctane 2013, which was hosted by Acumen Solutions in conjunction with Dreamforce at the Bluxome St. Winery, San Francisco! CloudOctane was designed to enable consumers to comprehend, engage in and discuss the evolution of Enterprise Cloud Transformation and the new Machine2Cloud technology.
Event highlights featured a robotic bartender (Bartendro), an LED hula hoop performance by Lauren Shaw of SpinFX, 3D projection mapping mixed with live actors from Tekino Sf, DJ Mancub on the decks, Giggle and Riot Funbooths, eclectic appetizers from Greenleaf Platters, lovely floral arrangements from HUNTlittlefield, unique creative installations and more! And, a special thank you to Jim Vetter for all the great event photos!
Heather Noll from Chalkboard Communications helped with PR efforts for the event and the SF Chronicle, The Wall Street Journal, PC World and Venture Beat all expressed interest. We even got a few shout-outs! Thanks everyone for helping to make it “the best party” of the night!
ABCey was hired to manage all aspects of event planning and production including, AV, lighting, catering, decor, florals, entertainment, and photography. We couldn’t have be more thrilled to work with such a great team!
At ABCey, we are always looking for new and innovative ways to take our events to the next level. Giggle and Riot Funbooths, a Sacramento based interactive open air photo booth rental service, recently came and set up their photo booth at two of ABCey’s most recent events, one being my personal engagement party!
G&R provided super high resolution on-the-spot prints, social media functionality so people could text or email their photos, funny props, and more backdrops than a crazy cat lady has cats! No kidding! They also do custom work if there isn’t a perfect match. You can fit tons of people in each picture, and we’ve heard their record is 26!
Giggle and Riot was created by top notch wedding photographers Caroline Winata and Josh Daniels at Milou and Olin Photography so that guests could have a “non-lame” photo booth experience at events! Their mission is to reinvent the boring old photo booth concept using high powered studio lights, modern DSLR cameras, their sick sense of humor, top notch customer service, gobs of style, a little giggling and a lot of rioting. The result: a hilarious funbooth that’s as unique, supertastic and fun-filled as you are!
What do you think of Giggle and Riot?! Be sure to keep up with their news and fun photos via Facebook, or to view all of their online galleries, click here! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter.