There is a weekend of festivals ahead of us and ABCey has selected the best ones for you! Our weekend lineup shows you where to find the best entertainment and coolest festivities. From party animals to food lovers, we’ll fill you in on the hottest spots in San Francisco!
Union Square Fall Fashion Festival
Thursday, October 9 | 5PM to 11PM | Union Square | Free The stores on Union Square will be celebrating the upcoming fall fashion and are inviting everybody to a fashion party in the heart of San Francisco. Participating shops will be offering discounts and gifts, combined with entertainment, refreshments and music. Most stores will be open late! Fashion fans that want to continue the festivities, are also invited to the after-party at Hawthorn Cocktail Lounge. You can purchase tickets for the after-party here.
October 9 – 13 | 11AM to 6PM | Northern Waterfront, San Francisco | Free Fleet Week is back! In honor of the armed forces of our nation, the Northern Waterfront will be presenting air shows, ship parades, and military displays. Visit the pier to enjoy all kinds of live entertainment and performances. Visitors can watch the famous ship parade on Friday at 11AM and the Blue Angels air show rehearsal from 12:30PM to 3PM. If you like fireworks you can watch the firework show on Saturday at 8:30PM. For the full program click here.
2014 World Vegetarian Day Festival
October 11 – 12 | 10AM to 6PM | SF Country Fair Building inside Golden Gate Park | Free from 10 AM to 10:30AM, then $10. Free for students with ID and children under 12 years. This two-day festival is a must for all vegetarians, vegans, and meatless food lovers! Aside from guest speakers, talks, cooking demos, and health exhibits, there will be plenty of free samples! Inform yourself about a healthy diet and learn how to use plant-based meat substitutes like seitan or soyrizo in your meals. Click here for the schedule.
Yerba Buena Night Festival
Saturday, October 11 | 4PM to 10 PM | Yerba Buena Center for Arts, 701 Mission Street (at 3rd Street) | Free | If you’re looking for a fun culture event, the Yerba Buena Night Festival will be your best bet! The 4th annual outdoor event presents music, dance, and art on 5 stages. Enjoy performances by Ensemble Mik Nawooi, Hope Mohr Dance, The Verms, and many more. Novela, La Boulange, Off the Grid and many other vendors will be there to spoil you with delicious food.
Sunday, October 12 | 12PM to 12AM | Entrance 19th Street and Mariposa | Cover: $15 before 4PM, then $20 | Do you love Burning Man and can’t wait for next year? You don’t have to wait that long for your next Burning Man experience! Dedicated Burners have the chance to party, enjoy music, dancing, performances, and art this weekend, in good old Burning Man style. Dig out your fanciest costume and join Decompression 2014 for a day celebrating the Playa.Which festival will you be enjoying this weekend? Tell us about your plans in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
Can you believe it’s already Thursday? That means we’re only one day away from getting our weekend started. Let ABCey help you decide which event to attend. We’ve got everything from a roller skating DJ party to a pet costume contest!
1. Final 2013 Off the Grid Party & Masquerade | Friday, October 25 | 5pm – 10pm | Fort Mason Center | Embark on a mobile food adventure with 32 other food trucks at Fort Mason. It is the last one scheduled for this season, and they’ll be celebrating it in style. So don’t forget to bring your masquerade mask! The event is totally free, but don’t forget cash for the food trucks. Also make sure you visit the witches bar and try some amazing Pumpkin Ale. Let us know how you like it!
2. Friday Night Outdoor Roller Skate DJ Party: “Midnight Rollers” | Friday, October 25 | 8:45pm | Ferry Building | If you’re looking for a unique way to experience the night life around San Francisco, this is perfect for you! Skaters meet up outside the Ferry Building then go on an awesome 10 mile skate tour around the city. Some stops include Pier 39, Palace of Fine Arts and AT&T Park just to name a few. So come bring your skates and ditch your usual Friday night gym routine!
3. Noe Valley Harvest Festival | Saturday, October 26 | 10am – 5pm | 24th St. and Sanchez St. | It’s a family affair at the 9th annual Noe Valley Harvest Festival! There will be non-stop entertainment for children and adults. They’ve got live bands playing all day. There will also be a pumpkin patch, a dog costume contest, dunk tanks and more. Make sure you stop by and bring the kids!
4. Wharf Fest 2013 | Saturday, October 26 |11am – 830pm | Fisherman’s Wharf | Just because there’s no fleet week this year, doesn’t mean we can’t have our own fun at the wharf! Enjoy a chowder competition, craft beer tasting, and a free screening of award winning film’s from last year’s San Francisco International Ocean Film Festival. Then top off your evening with an amazing fireworks show!
5. Pet Pride Day 2013 | Sunday, October 27 | 11am – 3pm | Golden Gate Park | Don’t think costumes are only meant for humans! Come out to Golden Gate Park and take part in the pet costume contest. If you don’t have a furry friend to dress-up, then maybe you can adopt one. There will also be a ton of pet vendors, as well as a pet trick competition. Come down and showcase your pet’s best costume!
6. A special event, Evening of Hope | Saturday, October 26 | 6pm – 11pm | Metreon | This year featuring Heklina as our Misstress of Ceremonies, is San Francisco’s must-attend fête complete with cocktails, culinary delights. There will be gorgeous models wearing fashion with a message – one-of-a-kind Condom Couture designed by local and national designers. They will also have an auction with great prizes, such as a classic San Francisco night at the Four Seasons, a chartered cruise on the Bay, and so much more!