TGI-A-F (Thank Goodness It’s Almost Friday)! The end of the month is swiftly approaching, and we can’t help but notice, where did the time go? Many, utilize the month of January to get the year’s resolutions, priorities, and agendas in order. However, with our minds consumed by tasks and workloads we must remember to schedule some fun into our daily lives. ABCey would like to take the time to applaud all of your hard work and in return reward you with an awesome weekend lineup to kick back your feet and smell the roses!
1. SF BEER WEEK OPENING GALA
FRIDAY. 22 JANUARY 2016 | 6:00-10:00 PM | PIER 35 | $80
One of the most anticipated events of the season has finally arrived! Beer week 2016 will run through January 22-January 31 and will give the Bay area 9 days of beer mayhem. This Friday, January 22, will be the official kick off party that will feature over 110 breweries from the Northern California area! If that’s not enough, all attendees will receive a complimentary commemorative glass, 4 oz samples of an array of beers, and an extensive selection of food options that can be purchased. Get your hands on a ticket now before it’s too late and make sure you check out the rest of the lineup!
CIRCUS: TIGHTROPE & JUGGLING CLASS
FRIDAY. 22 JANUARY 2016 | 7:00-9:00 PM | CIRCUS CENTER | FREE
Not a beer drinker? That’s okay! This fun spin on fitness & acrobats will bring you back to the days of ferris wheels, cotton candy, and popcorn. This open session will allow you to explore different circus acts like juggling, tight wire, rolla bolla, feather balancing, and clowning. Even better, it’s a family night, kids ages 8 and up are welcome to join in on the fun. Make sure you arrive to the Circus Center early to reserve your spot, space is limited and fills up quick!
ONE DEEP BREATH LAUNCH PARTY: YOGA + MIMOSAS!
SATURDAY. 23 JANUARY 2016 | 11:30 AM-1:30 PM | SPORTS BASEMENT | $15
Still feeling stressed and tired from the strenuous work week? Come unwind with some yoga and mimosas this Saturday at One Deep Breath‘s launch party! In celebration of this up and coming yoga business, guests will enjoy the relaxation and peace of an 1-hour Vinyasa flow yoga class followed by some yummy brunch items. Did we mention attendees will receive 20% off One Deep Breath private and small group session packages and 20% off a Sports Basement item purchased that day?
ART AT THE DUMP: RECOLOGY’S RECYCLED ART EXHIBIT
SATURDAY. 23 JANUARY 2016 | 1:00 PM-3:00 PM | RECOLOGY SAN FRANCISCO | FREE
This weekend is all about taking a break from reality and recognizing your hard work and achievements. This Saturday, Recology will be observing 4 months of artistic creation of their artists in-residence! This inspiring exhibition exemplifies work that has been created by gathering materials from the dump and utilizing it as a message to promote recycling and reuse of items. Enjoy this public exhibition to appreciate the artists, their craft, and the purpose it represents!
SALSA DANCE SOCIAL
SUNDAY. 24 JANUARY 2016 | 4:00 PM-12:00 AM | SLATE BAR | FREE BEFORE 6 PM
Are you rejuvenated, relaxed, and revitalized yet? Great, because this Salsa Dance Social is something you don’t want to miss! Close out the weekend with your dancing shoes and your best outfit. Dancing starts as early as 4 PM for those of you with an early Monday morning and ends as late as midnight for the rest of you daredevils! Enjoy some of the greatest salsa, merengue, bachata, and reggaeton hits!
With Father’s Day coming up this Sunday, the only question is – what do you get for the tech-savvy dad in your life? Even if he’s got all the basics covered, there are still plenty of gadgets out there to surprise him with! At ABCey Events, we did some brainstorming and came up with a list of high-tech gift ideas we think he’ll love. These could also be great additions to a gift bag for your next event!
1. Fitbit |$60 |For all those active dads out there, we suggest Fitbit. Named as one of the most wearable technology devices out there, Fitbit tracks steps taken, distance traveled, and calories burned. Fitbit even continuously syncs your stats to your computer and smartphone. This is a total time saver and can help dad keep up his healthy lifestyle!
2. Mophie Juice Pack | $79.95| This one is for the dad that are constantly on their iPhone. Whether it’s checking emails, FaceTiming, or just playing Candy Crush, his battery probably drains pretty fast. A Mophie Juice Pack almost doubles the length of the charge while guarding the smartphone from every-day wear and tear.
3. Piper| $239.00|The Piper is an all in one security system that helps you safeguard your home while you’re away. Piper is equipped with a motion detector, microphone, and a siren. It also has a 180 degree wide angle lens to view a whole room. The best part of the Piper is that it can send updates and notifications straight to your phone! Give your dad some peace of mind knowing his home and family are being safely watched.
4. The Brydge:Keyboard for the iPad| $99| This high quality aluminum keyboard and stereo speaker is great for all the dads that travel. The keyboard is linked via Bluetooth and makes the iPad more like a laptop in minutes! It also protects the display when closed and provides stereo speakers instead of the iPad’s monospeaker for a clearer, louder sound system.
5.Google Chromecast | $35|This thumb sized USB device plugs straight into the HDMI port of your television. Set it up with a simple app, then send your favorite shows, movies, music, and more to your TV using your smartphone, tablet or laptop. It supports Netflix, Youtube, Hulu Plus, and Chrome. So if your dad ever wants to watch NBA/NFL YouTube highlights on the big screen, this is the present for him!
It’s March and Summer is just around the corner. It’s time to start getting in shape and toning those beach bods. Not that you’ll be anywhere near the beaches here in San Francisco, but you can use this time to get ready for your next tropical vacation. ABCey has compiled a list of our favorite lifestyle apps for you to take advantage of before Summer hits!
1. MyFitnessPal: This is the best app for you to record your daily activity, food consumption and workouts. It’s super easy to use and can be extremely beneficial if used everyday!
2. Sworkit: Hallelujah! We have found a simple, on-the-go type of workout program. Choose from a quick 5 minute workout, to a more difficult 60 minute routine. It has two options: cardio and strength training. From there, you pick which area of the body you’d like to focus on.
3. Fooducate: Scan the barcode of the food you’re purchasing and Fooducate analyzes information found in each product’s nutrition panel and ingredient list. You get to see the stuff manufacturers don’t want you to notice, such as excessive sugar and tricky trans fats.
4. Runtastic: Take your fitness to a new level with Runtastic, the best running and fitness app on Android! Runtastic uses GPS to map your sports and fitness activities, such as: running, jogging, biking, or walking.
5. Bleep Fitness Test: Before you begin your fitness kick, Perform the mutli-stage Bleep Fitness Test to determine your true level of fitness. Use it as a tool to improve yourself. It is designed to push your stamina and endurance to the limit.