As we approach 2017’s Fourth of July weekend, ABCey has made the ultimate check-list for your perfect patriotic party! Here are 10 of our favorite recipes, decorations, and party must-haves for your greatest Fourth of July yet!
1. USA Rice Crispy Treats
Everyone loves a tasty treat at a party! These colorful rice crispy treats are perfect for your Fourth of July gathering! Plus they are great for all ages & the straws add a perfect touch!
2. Festive Donuts
These patriotic donuts look too good to eat! The festive frosting is an easy add-on for the perfect dessert!
3. Confetti Balloons
Next, instead of ordinary balloons, try these confetti filled balloons for a unique and sparkling touch to your event!
4. Star Spangled Sangria
Sangria is the perfect summer drink, so why not customize it for the Fourth of July! Add some colorful fruit to make your cocktail look & taste delicious!
Light up the party with these great LED star sunglasses! They glow in red, white and blue colors and are perfect for night time when the fireworks are displayed!
6. Perfect Utensil Holder
Here’s a great way to display your table wear for this American holiday! Grab some patriotic-colored plastic forks and spoons to pair with these festive mason jars!
7. Trendy Garland
Garland can be used for any holiday or event! Add some color around the house or outside with this red, white and blue tissue garland by Etsy.
8. Fourth of July Fantastic Photo Booth
Grab some confetti & sparklers to set up an unforgettable photo booth for you & your guests! These DIY firework poppers are the perfect accessory for your event photos! Find how to make them here.
9. DIY Ring Toss
If you’re having a backyard BBQ or party, this easy-to-make game is perfect! It’s great for guests of all ages and super decorative for any backyard gathering! Here is how to make & create this festive game.
10. Summer Smoothies
Cool down with some refreshing & heathy smoothies for this hot holiday! A great alternative for sangria for the youngsters under 21! Here is the link to some delicious smoothie recipes that are sure to get you in the Fourth of July spirit!
It’s almost Friday! ABCey brings you the Weekend Lineup for the best upcoming events in the Bay Area! There is everything from music and cruises to county fairs and 4th of July festivities!
Weekend Lineup: Marin County Fair!
June 30th-July 4th| 11am-11pm | General Admission $15-$20 | 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael, CA 94903
Don’t miss the chance to celebrate the Summer of Love’s 50th Anniversary at the Marin County Fair this upcoming weekend! The fair wants to commemorate the 1967 Summer of Love by sticking to it’s core values of family, art, agriculture and the environment. Not only will this weekend consist of music, food, and entertainment, it will also include a touch of the groovy culture from the 60’s!
Fillmore Jazz Festival
Saturday July 1st-2nd | 10am-6pm | Free Admission | Fillmore Street between Jackson & Eddy Street, San Francisco, CA
The 33rd annual Fillmore Jazz Festival is here! This day is filled with music as it blends art and soul together in the most unique neighborhood! Come listen to live music over this Independence Day weekend!
Independence Day Camp
Saturday, July 1st | 12pm- 4pm| General Admission $18 | 601 Mission Bay Blvd North, San Francisco, CA 94158
This old-school day camp is a chance for families and friends to have a little fun! Come celebrate this 4th of July weekend with food trucks, games, beer and more! Not to mention, beers and flights are up for grabs at the bar for the kids over the age of 21!
Tycho at The Greek Theatre
Friday, June 30th | 7:30 pm | General Admission $45 | 2001 Gayley Road, Berkeley, CA 94720
This Friday, don’t miss the chance to see Tycho perform at The Greek Theatre in Berkeley! If you love soothing music and tranquil melodies with a touch of electric, than this is the place to be to get your groove on!
4th of July Fireworks Cruise
Tuesday, July 4th | 7:30pm- 10:30pm | Tickets $50-$80 | 40 Pier, Suite 4, San Francisco, CA 94107
Watch fireworks from a boat this year to get the full 4th of July experience! Come set sail on the pacific ocean to enjoy the show with food and beverages provided by Rendezvous Charters!
July 4th is here and it’s time to celebrate! There is lot’s going on today, and we want to make sure you’re in the know of the best Bay Area Events. Look no further, ABCey has 5 exciting 4th of July events you definitely don’t want to miss!
Mayor’s Parade: 10am | Free | Starts at Lincoln & Park St. (route map and directions here) | *No Fireworks
South Shore Center’s Festival: 3pm-5pm | Free | Alameda South Shore Center | *No Fireworks
Here are two events in one with a huge parade and a somewhat “official” after-party at the South Shore Center. With about 140 floats, 2,500 participants, horses, and dancers, Alameda Mayor’s Forth Parade is one of the largest and longest Independence Day parades in the entire United States! After this spectacle, keep the party going at the South Shore Center. There will be live music, pet animals, get henna tattoos, face paint, play games, participate in raffles and jump in the bouncy house! There are also plenty of stores to shop at and places to eat, so come on out and enjoy this exciting parade and then head on over to the post-parade party!
2. San Francisco: Pier 39
Starting at 11am | Free | *Fireworks at 9:30pm for about 20min
Want to have a full day of celebration and be at a prime fireworks spot? Then go to SF Pier 39! Spend the day at the pier shopping, eating, and going to the aquarium. From 11am-5pm, you can check out exhibits west of the Entrance Plaza, then hear the band Tainted Love play your favorite 80’s tunes. Last, but not least, watch the extremely popular City and County of San Francisco’s Fireworks Show at 9:30pm with the best 180 degree view from Pier 39.
3. Berkeley: 4th of July Fireworks & All Day Festival
Noon – 10pm | Free, $15 vehicle parking | 201 University Ave, Berkeley | *Fireworks @ 9:35pm | info here
This festival will fill all your 4th of July celebration needs! There is a main stage with music from noon until the fireworks show at 9:35pm and music at the food court from 2pm-8pm. The Shorebird Park is part of this festival and has an Adventure Playground with Waterballs, a Bungee Trampoline, and another stage with magicians, jugglers, and more! If that isn’t enough, throughout the marina there are great food trucks and booths as well as: carnival rides, kite flying, a giant slide, train rides, drumming sessions, dragon boat rowing rides, sumo soccer, nerf tag, a photo booth, face painting, crafts, pony rides, a petting zoo, AND their huge fireworks show! With everything here, why wouldn’t you come and enjoy the fun?
4. Jack London Square: July 4th Festival of Family Fun
11 am-4pm | Free | Jack London Square | *No Fireworks
Spend your July 4th afternoon at Jack London Square for loads of family fun! This festival offers musical performances, clowns and puppets, interactive activities, a petting zoo, face painting, fun crafts and delicious treats. If you couldn’t tell by the name, this event is also great for kids. Although there aren’t any fireworks, this festival ends early enough for you to go wherever you want after!
5. San Francisco: 5th Annual July 4th Pub Crawl
4pm – 11:59 pm | $7-$15; order early: $12; groups either $9 or $7 depending on size | info here |*No Fireworks
If you’re in the patriotic celebratory mood and 21+, join in on this pub crawl. Order tickets ahead of time, receive a discount with larger groups, check-in early, and get a discount on all of the pub crawl bars from 4pm – 12am. There will also be an after party, so get yourself and your friends right on over for drinks and to celebrate Independence Day!
July is already upon us and it’s almost the weekend! We hope you are just as excited as we are for Independence Day on Monday, and ABCey has you covered with all of your 4th of July events coming soon! Until then, make the most of your weekend and check out these fun Bay Area events!
Fri. July 1st – Mon. July 4th, 2016| 11am-11pm |prices vary| 4501 Pleasanton Ave. Pleasanton, CA
If you haven’t gone to the fair yet, GO! This fair is a must-see attraction for everyone! For kids, there is a children’s park, adventure park, petting zoo, ferris wheel, and carnival. Adults can be entertained with horse races, a beer garden, a wine bar, shopping areas, and live concerts. There are only 4 more days til’ the fair is over, so come check it out before it’s too late!
Sat July 2nd & Sun July 3rd, 2016 | 10am-6pm | FREE | Fillmore St.–Jackson to Eddy St, San Francisco
Enjoy two days of music, food, art, and fun at the Fillmore Jazz Festival! This festival takes over more than 12 blocks and has every kind of food and craft imaginable. With 32 years under its belt, this festival has become incredibly popular and the largest free jazz festival on the West Coast. Join the other 100,000 people who attend this event and jazz up your weekend!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 10am-12pm | FREE | Stow Lake, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
Experience nature this weekend and take a guided tour through Golden Gate Park. This guided tour is free and a perfect way to collect your thoughts while getting fit! With your own personal tour guide, you can learn all about the park, plants, and wildlife. So get out and enjoy the great outdoors with a nice stroll!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 7:30pm | FREE, RSVP for Early Entry Tickets | AT&T Park; 24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco
Mix things up this weekend by seeing a play…a free play! This Saturday, the San Francisco Opera is hosting a live simulcast and projecting their current play, Carmen, on AT&T Park’s huge video screen. You will definitely be entertained by Carmen, a femme fatale play with jealousy, danger, love and murder. Head out to the ball park to watch this captivating play and a special pre-show and intermission with the other 30,000 attendees!
Sun. July 3rd, 2016 | 11am-4pm | FREE | 103 Montgomery Street, Main Post, Presidio, San Francisco
This year, Off the Grid has revamped their picnic and food truck event held in Presidio Park. They now have over the 30 food and beverage trucks, free yoga classes, games, and music! You can also get clothes and accessories at their mobile shop, produce from their market, and help planning your next activity in San Francisco. There are also FREE shuttles, PresidiGo, that travel to Embarcadero BART, certain SF streets, MUNI, and around the park. Don’t miss the chance to relax on the grass field and enjoy great food and company!
Extra Event: Marin County Fair Fireworks and S’more Feast
Fri. July 1st, 2016 | 8:30pm – 10:00pm | FREE | McInnis Park: 310 Smith Ranch Road, San Rafael, CA
Because this weekend is so jam packed, we have one more event that will get you in the mood for July 4th! Friday at McInnis Park, park rangers will have yummy s’mores to eat right before you walk to the top of the Nike Site to watch the 9:30pm Marin County Fair fireworks show. Fireworks are always fun especially with s’mores and tomorrow you can get both for free!
We hope you are all as excited as we are for one of the best holiday’s of the year…The 4th of July. With fireworks, food, family, friends and fun, honestly, what could be better?! We created a helpful guide to all things 4th of July, from amazing food and drink ideas to the newest apps inspired by Independence Day!
1. BOOZE: Rather than chugging a beer by the pool, take your barbeque or party to the next level with these 4th of July inspired jello shots from Brit+Co. And, for those wine lovers, be sure to check the Pineapple and Berry White Wine Cocktail by She Knows for some more fruity and patriotic drink ideas!
2. DESSERT: Here is one that everyone is sure to love, chocolate covered strawberries! The Sisters Cafe brings these yummy deserts to the next level. Instead of using milk or dark chocolate, opt for white instead and dip the end into blue sprinkles. The 4th of July means getting back to your American roots, and what better way to honor that than by getting a recipe from Betty Crocker to make the ultimate American flag cake?!
3. APPS: What is Independence Day without your favorite music blasting?! Check out Songza and the app creates a 4th of July playlist for you and your friends! And, give July 4th Fun, Facts and Trivia a try and be the hit of the party by knowing all about the roots of this important holiday!
4. FIREWORKS: All of the biggest shows such as Macys’ Fourth of July Fireworks will be streaming online. However, if you are lucky enough to see fireworks live, head over to one of the many destinations all over the city to celebrate this wonderful holiday! You can find the full list of places to go here!
5. PHOTOS: Check out the latest of the multi-media messaging systems, Cooliris’ BeamIt! This awesome app is basically Instagram, WhatsApp and Flipboard combined. If you want to share pictures but not have it take up most of your day, download BeamIt!
What are you going to do for Independence Day? Will you be making any of these yummy drinks or desserts, or try one of the fun apps? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or on Facebook or Twitter!
Can you believe it’s already Thursday? That means we’re only one day away from getting our weekend started. Let ABCey help you decide which event to attend. We’ve got everything from a roller skating DJ party to a pet costume contest!
1. Final 2013 Off the Grid Party & Masquerade | Friday, October 25 | 5pm – 10pm | Fort Mason Center | Embark on a mobile food adventure with 32 other food trucks at Fort Mason. It is the last one scheduled for this season, and they’ll be celebrating it in style. So don’t forget to bring your masquerade mask! The event is totally free, but don’t forget cash for the food trucks. Also make sure you visit the witches bar and try some amazing Pumpkin Ale. Let us know how you like it!
2. Friday Night Outdoor Roller Skate DJ Party: “Midnight Rollers” | Friday, October 25 | 8:45pm | Ferry Building | If you’re looking for a unique way to experience the night life around San Francisco, this is perfect for you! Skaters meet up outside the Ferry Building then go on an awesome 10 mile skate tour around the city. Some stops include Pier 39, Palace of Fine Arts and AT&T Park just to name a few. So come bring your skates and ditch your usual Friday night gym routine!
3. Noe Valley Harvest Festival | Saturday, October 26 | 10am – 5pm | 24th St. and Sanchez St. | It’s a family affair at the 9th annual Noe Valley Harvest Festival! There will be non-stop entertainment for children and adults. They’ve got live bands playing all day. There will also be a pumpkin patch, a dog costume contest, dunk tanks and more. Make sure you stop by and bring the kids!
4. Wharf Fest 2013 | Saturday, October 26 |11am – 830pm | Fisherman’s Wharf | Just because there’s no fleet week this year, doesn’t mean we can’t have our own fun at the wharf! Enjoy a chowder competition, craft beer tasting, and a free screening of award winning film’s from last year’s San Francisco International Ocean Film Festival. Then top off your evening with an amazing fireworks show!
5. Pet Pride Day 2013 | Sunday, October 27 | 11am – 3pm | Golden Gate Park | Don’t think costumes are only meant for humans! Come out to Golden Gate Park and take part in the pet costume contest. If you don’t have a furry friend to dress-up, then maybe you can adopt one. There will also be a ton of pet vendors, as well as a pet trick competition. Come down and showcase your pet’s best costume!
6. A special event, Evening of Hope | Saturday, October 26 | 6pm – 11pm | Metreon | This year featuring Heklina as our Misstress of Ceremonies, is San Francisco’s must-attend fête complete with cocktails, culinary delights. There will be gorgeous models wearing fashion with a message – one-of-a-kind Condom Couture designed by local and national designers. They will also have an auction with great prizes, such as a classic San Francisco night at the Four Seasons, a chartered cruise on the Bay, and so much more!
Independence Day is only one day away and we have the perfect lineup for you! Whether you walk the Embarcadero for some fireworks and a booze cruise or prefer a pub crawl on Fillmore Street, ABCey knows you’ll have a fun, safe holiday!
1. July 4th Pub Crawl + Hot Dog Eating Contest | Thursday, July 4th | 2:00p.m.- 6:00p.m. | Kelley’s Tavern, 3231 Fillmore St. San Francisco | Absolutely nothing is more American than tons of hot dogs and beer! Celebrate abundantly with Americana foods and drinks then follow the party to watch fireworks on Marina Green. This event promises a fun after-party, too!
2. America’s Cup Opening Day | Thursday, July 4th | 3:00p.m. | Piers 27/29, Embarcadero, San Francisco | Celebrate the kick-off to weeks of races with all things sailing. The history, science, and culture of sailing will be intermixed with
3. Speak Easy 4th of July Cruise | Thursday, July 4th | 6:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. | Pier 40, South Beach Harbor, San Francisco | The best view of the city and the fireworks, a 1940s theme, and an open bar. Need we say more?
4. After Dark: Boom! | Thursday, July 4th | 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. | The Exploratorium, Pier 15, San Francisco | Explore what makes fireworks explode with a special exhibit filled with experiments and fun! Get geared up to see the sky filled with pyrotechnics with this boom-themed learning experience!
5. Fourth of July Celebration at the Pier | Thursday, July 4th | 12:00p.m.-10:00 p.m. | Pier 39, Embarcadero, San Francisco | During the day at this busy pier, live music and family fun make this the perfect place to spend your day off! As soon as 9:30p.m. rolls around, the city of San Francisco will dazzle you with an amazing fireworks display! Pier 39 is our pick for best firework-scouting spot!