July is already upon us and it’s almost the weekend! We hope you are just as excited as we are for Independence Day on Monday, and ABCey has you covered with all of your 4th of July events coming soon! Until then, make the most of your weekend and check out these fun Bay Area events!
Fri. July 1st – Mon. July 4th, 2016| 11am-11pm |prices vary| 4501 Pleasanton Ave. Pleasanton, CA
If you haven’t gone to the fair yet, GO! This fair is a must-see attraction for everyone! For kids, there is a children’s park, adventure park, petting zoo, ferris wheel, and carnival. Adults can be entertained with horse races, a beer garden, a wine bar, shopping areas, and live concerts. There are only 4 more days til’ the fair is over, so come check it out before it’s too late!
Sat July 2nd & Sun July 3rd, 2016 | 10am-6pm | FREE | Fillmore St.–Jackson to Eddy St, San Francisco
Enjoy two days of music, food, art, and fun at the Fillmore Jazz Festival! This festival takes over more than 12 blocks and has every kind of food and craft imaginable. With 32 years under its belt, this festival has become incredibly popular and the largest free jazz festival on the West Coast. Join the other 100,000 people who attend this event and jazz up your weekend!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 10am-12pm | FREE | Stow Lake, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
Experience nature this weekend and take a guided tour through Golden Gate Park. This guided tour is free and a perfect way to collect your thoughts while getting fit! With your own personal tour guide, you can learn all about the park, plants, and wildlife. So get out and enjoy the great outdoors with a nice stroll!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 7:30pm | FREE, RSVP for Early Entry Tickets | AT&T Park; 24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco
Mix things up this weekend by seeing a play…a free play! This Saturday, the San Francisco Opera is hosting a live simulcast and projecting their current play, Carmen, on AT&T Park’s huge video screen. You will definitely be entertained by Carmen, a femme fatale play with jealousy, danger, love and murder. Head out to the ball park to watch this captivating play and a special pre-show and intermission with the other 30,000 attendees!
Sun. July 3rd, 2016 | 11am-4pm | FREE | 103 Montgomery Street, Main Post, Presidio, San Francisco
This year, Off the Grid has revamped their picnic and food truck event held in Presidio Park. They now have over the 30 food and beverage trucks, free yoga classes, games, and music! You can also get clothes and accessories at their mobile shop, produce from their market, and help planning your next activity in San Francisco. There are also FREE shuttles, PresidiGo, that travel to Embarcadero BART, certain SF streets, MUNI, and around the park. Don’t miss the chance to relax on the grass field and enjoy great food and company!
Extra Event: Marin County Fair Fireworks and S’more Feast
Fri. July 1st, 2016 | 8:30pm – 10:00pm | FREE | McInnis Park: 310 Smith Ranch Road, San Rafael, CA
Because this weekend is so jam packed, we have one more event that will get you in the mood for July 4th! Friday at McInnis Park, park rangers will have yummy s’mores to eat right before you walk to the top of the Nike Site to watch the 9:30pm Marin County Fair fireworks show. Fireworks are always fun especially with s’mores and tomorrow you can get both for free!
This weekend is all about loving our beautiful city! Compete to be the cable car champion, beautify the beach, or, in true San Francisco style, get to coding! Whatever you choose, ABCey wishes you a great time this weekend!
1. 50th Cable Car Bell Ringing Contest | Thursday, July 11th | 12:00 p.m. | Union Square| Celebrate one of our city’s most iconic figures, the cable car, with a bell ringing contest! Amateurs are welcome to try first, followed by the big guns (grip men and conductors!) If you work in Union Square, we are so sorry.
2. Salsa Festival on the Fillmore | Friday, July 12th- Saturday, July 13th | 7:30 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. | Fillmore Central Plaza | Get ready to get your groove on! This two-day celebration of salsa dancing features music clubs, retail shops, restaurants, and over 7,000 participants! Grab your dancing shoes, take a lesson or two, and dance the night away on the outdoor dance floor.
3. Tech Carnival | Wednesday, July 17th | 6:00 p.m.- 10:30 p.m. | Candlestick Park | Who wants to ride the Ferris Wheel? Here’s your chance to be a kid again while supporting a fundraiser for the Special Olympics. Go ahead, let loose and get that funnel cake!
4. Ocean Beach Volunteering Party | Saturday, July 13th | 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. | Ocean Beach | Ben and Jerry’s, as well as other delicious companies, are sponsoring an Ocean Beach clean-up! Come out on Friday to Pier 17 for an ice cream festival and return on Saturday to help your community. What’s better than sweet, sweet service?
5. HackaBLITZ WebRTC Hackathon | Saturday, July 13th | 9:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. | Globant San Francisco Offices | Coding and keynote speakers, oh my! Representatives from Disney, Wells Fargo, and more will kick off the day of wedRTC coding and brainstorming. WebRTC is a free, open project that allows users to richly code without plugins, downloads, or installs. Let’s get coding!
Spotlight Event: Lightning in a Bottle | Thursday, July 11th- Monday, July 15th | Lake Skinner, Temecula, CA |
This annual music festival at Lake Skinner is so much more than a music festival. LIB’s activities and performances reflect its mission to support art, sustainability, and music. Lightning in a Bottle is the perfect summer road-trip destination and overall good time!