It’s almost Friday! ABCey brings you this week’s SF Weekend Lineup with the top events happening in the Bay Area! Get excited for this fun-filled weekend ahead!
August 3rd | 7-10pm |Free Entry |WorkshopSF
Every first Friday, WorkshopSF hosts an open house/party with DIY, art, fun and community. For August’s first Friday event, WorkshopSF is hosting a Night Market where they’re showcasing several vendors who used to take classes at their location and are now successful artists! There will be locally made wares, art, and designs available for purchase, as well as beer and mac and cheese. Bring your friends!
August 4th | 8AM-2PM |$4.20-$50 |The Spreckles Temple of Music Bandshell in Golden Gate Park
Get some exercise and join in on the 5th annual San Francisco 420 Games! This event kicks off with a 4.20 mile run/walk/jog/ride (whatever you want), and leads into a Yoga cool-down at The Music Concourse Bandshell. Following the exercise portion of the event, there will be 2.5 hours of Beer Tasting from 11AM-1:30PM, industry exhibitors, live music, educational speeches, and more! If you want to show your support for marijuana or learn more about it, then this is the event for you!
August 4th | 7PM |Free Admission |Dolores Park
The Film Night in the Park outdoor film series is back and kicks off this Saturday evening at 7PM! Every Saturday starting this weekend, a new movie will be played on a huge screen in Dolores park for a whole month. Attendees are encouraged to picnic before the film starts, and refreshments will be available at the park as well. The movie playing this weekend is The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Come out and relax with a good movie classic and the beautiful scenery of one of SF’s best parks!
August 5th | 11AM-6PM |Free Admission |Jerry Garcia Amphitheatre (McLaren Park)
The 16th Annual Jerry Day is an annual civic and cultural event that celebrates one of the great rock guitarists of all time and San Francisco-native, Jerry Garcia. And yes, he did inspire the name of Ben & Jerry’s delicious Cherry Garcia ice cream flavor. This all day concert and festival brings together an eclectic group of performers, including several who played with the Jerry Garcia Band in the ’80s and ’90s. Don’t miss out on this festive event that is sure to make you feel nostalgic!
August 5th | 10AM-1PM |Free Admission |Preserved
Learn how to brew a 1-gallon batch of a German Hefe Weissbier! You’ll quickly hear about the history and chemistry of beer brewing before getting hands on. Make your own beer to take home and taste samples from a few breweries. Now that sounds like a fun way to spend your Sunday afternoon!
What does your SF weekend lineup look like?
As we approach 2017’s Fourth of July weekend, ABCey has made the ultimate check-list for your perfect patriotic party! Here are 10 of our favorite recipes, decorations, and party must-haves for your greatest Fourth of July yet!
1. USA Rice Crispy Treats
Everyone loves a tasty treat at a party! These colorful rice crispy treats are perfect for your Fourth of July gathering! Plus they are great for all ages & the straws add a perfect touch!
2. Festive Donuts
These patriotic donuts look too good to eat! The festive frosting is an easy add-on for the perfect dessert!
3. Confetti Balloons
Next, instead of ordinary balloons, try these confetti filled balloons for a unique and sparkling touch to your event!
4. Star Spangled Sangria
Sangria is the perfect summer drink, so why not customize it for the Fourth of July! Add some colorful fruit to make your cocktail look & taste delicious!
Light up the party with these great LED star sunglasses! They glow in red, white and blue colors and are perfect for night time when the fireworks are displayed!
6. Perfect Utensil Holder
Here’s a great way to display your table wear for this American holiday! Grab some patriotic-colored plastic forks and spoons to pair with these festive mason jars!
7. Trendy Garland
Garland can be used for any holiday or event! Add some color around the house or outside with this red, white and blue tissue garland by Etsy.
8. Fourth of July Fantastic Photo Booth
Grab some confetti & sparklers to set up an unforgettable photo booth for you & your guests! These DIY firework poppers are the perfect accessory for your event photos! Find how to make them here.
9. DIY Ring Toss
If you’re having a backyard BBQ or party, this easy-to-make game is perfect! It’s great for guests of all ages and super decorative for any backyard gathering! Here is how to make & create this festive game.
10. Summer Smoothies
Cool down with some refreshing & heathy smoothies for this hot holiday! A great alternative for sangria for the youngsters under 21! Here is the link to some delicious smoothie recipes that are sure to get you in the Fourth of July spirit!
The 4th of July is just around the corner, which means it’s time for grilling out, chilling out, and celebrating one of the best days of the year! ABCey Events has 5 easy DIY ideas to get you party ready for the upcoming holiday weekend.
1) Center pieces are a necessity to make any great theme party shine. Nothing screams summer quite like a mason jar does, so these easy to make, adorable center pieces are sure to make your party sparkle for the 4th! Check out how to make them here.
2) Extra bottles laying around? We have your solution! This DIY is super easy and will no doubt give your 4th of July party the extra pop you’ve been looking for. Using wine bottles for a decoration? No complaints here! Be sure to find out how to make these adorable center pieces here.
3) Make sure that your guests feel welcome upon arrival with these festive wreaths to hang on your front door! These are inexpensive to make and only require 3 materials- talk about an ideal DIY! You can find out how to make these here.
4) Burlap wreath not your style? No worries- we’ve got back up options to make sure your guests are greeted in style at your front door. These awesome patriotic wreaths are easy to make and oh so chic! Don’t miss out on this great door dec, find out to make these here.
4th of July Photo Backdrop
5) ABCey knows no party is complete without that perfect Instagram picture. This simple DIY scrap flag is the ideal backdrop for guests to take photos at your 4th of July party! What better way to celebrate the 4th than by taking fun, festive photos with your pals? Read more on how to make these here!
6) Kites are a true symbol of summer time and can take anyone back to their childhood. This easy DIY kite garland is guaranteed to spruce up your wall space at your 4th of July get together! See here to find out how to make these kites the star of your party!
7) If you need to primp up those white walls before you host your 4th of July party this weekend, these will definitely do the trick! This American flag painted window is the extra festive touch you need to make sure your July 4th party is one to remember. Check out how to make these here!
Festive Table Decorations
8) Need some extra 4th of July table decor for your event? These simplistic and festive signs add some patriotic pride to your upcoming independence day party! Find out to to make these here.
9) Nothing says festive fun quite like these darling red, white and blue inspired pin wheels! These are perfect for adding a little extra flare to your snack tables for the 4th. You can find out how to make these simple decorations here!
4th of July Luminaries
10) Light up your 4th of july party with these adorable patriotic luminaries! This DIY is super simple and uses recycled jars as the main material- easy and green! Don’t miss out on the chance to illuminate your party, and find out how to do these here!