This weekend is looking to be a great one, all around the Bay Area! There are countless FREE opportunities to take advantage of to enjoy music, watch some soccer, and take in the beauty of San Francisco. At ABCey Events, we have put together a list of our favorite weekend picks! Give some love back to our community by participating in a beach clean up, or consider food & drink tasting at the Ferry Building to donate to sustainable agriculture! Whichever way you choose to spend your weekend, it is guaranteed to be a great one!
Featured Event: Alice’s Summerthing | Sunday, June 22nd | 12:00-5:00pm | Sharon Meadow, Golden Gate Park SF | This weekend is Alice @ 97.3’s annual FREE concert in the park featuring some awesome guests! Summerthing celebrates everything we love most about summer – live music, sun, fun, good vibes, food trucks and more! How lucky are we to live in such a beautiful city that holds free concerts on a regular basis?! This event is open to all ages and doors open at 10:30am so get on out there to celebrate this sunny weather.
1. International Surfing Day Party | Friday, June 20th | 4:00pm-8:00pm | Baker Beach SF, North Parking Lot | This event is open to all surfers & non-surfers and provides an opportunity to come together in celebration of our coastal beaches. In honor of International Surfing Day, San Francisco is organizing a beach cleanup to give something back to the oceans, waves, and beaches that give us all so much! Volunteers will be offered a picnic with BBQ & beverages after the clean-up. KITS Live 105 will provide the music all night to keep you grooving and is a guaranteed good time! Grab those garden gloves and meet us at the beach to show some TLC to our gorgeous beaches!
2. Summer Solstice Celebration in the Redwoods | Saturday, June 21st | 6:00pm-8:00am | SF Botanical Garden (1199 9th Ave.) | Join us in celebration of the longest day of the year! Participate in an age-old tradition of celebrating midsummer on the solstice, marking the astronomical beginning of summer. Enjoy two complimentary glasses of California wine and nibble on local cheeses while strolling through the 100-year-old Redwood grove. Explore the lush trails of woodland sorrel, wild ginger, and sword ferns. This is an excellent opportunity to ring in the summer season and meet new people in San Francisco! For members the entry fee is $20 and $30 for nonmembers.
3. USA vs. Portugal: 2014 World Cup Live Screening Outdoor Party | Sunday, June 22nd | All Day | Civic Center, SF | SF Recreation & Parks will once again be hosting live game screenings of select matches of the 2014 World Cup live from Brazil on a big screen (we’re told it’s 13 x 17) at Civic Center right in front of City Hall. This event will be filled with mini soccer games, youth skills clinics, face painting, and a photo booth with soccer props! The USA takes on Portugal at 3pm sharp and red, white & blue is highly recommended for attire! Show off your patriotism for our soccer team at this FREE event!
4. CUESA’s 4th Annual Summer Celebration | Sunday, June 22nd | 6:00pm-9:00pm | Ferry Building Farmers Market | Join CUESA (Center for Urban Education About Sustainable Agriculture) in kicking off the summer harvest (and solstice) in one delicious bite! All bites and sips will showcase farmers market produce at the peak of the summer season. Stroll the halls of the iconic Ferry Building while you enjoy unlimited food and drink at the themed tasting areas. Tickets are $125, $85 of which is a tax deductible donation. Proceeds from the night provide much-needed support for CUESA’s ongoing education initiatives, including free cooking demos, kitchen skill-building classes, the Schoolyard to Market youth entrepreneurship program, and sustainability scholarships for farmers. This is great opportunity to put your money to a great cause while enjoying the amazing cuisine of SF!
5. 10th Annual SF Pinot Days | Saturday, June 21st | 2:00pm-5:00pm | Metreon City View Room (135 4th St.) | If you love pinot noir this festival is meant for you! Pinot Days is a wine event that celebrates pinot noir in its many styles, ranging from modern to earthy to elegant. This festival celebrates the passionate people who make pinot noir and will influence you to explore new producers, find wines you love and can afford, and become a pinot devotee if you are not one already! The tasting festival open to the public is $75 and the VIP seminar & early entry tasting (12:00pm-5:00pm) is $125.
Can you believe it’s already Thursday? That means we’re only one day away from getting our weekend started. Let ABCey help you decide which event to attend. We’ve got everything from a roller skating DJ party to a pet costume contest!
1. Final 2013 Off the Grid Party & Masquerade | Friday, October 25 | 5pm – 10pm | Fort Mason Center | Embark on a mobile food adventure with 32 other food trucks at Fort Mason. It is the last one scheduled for this season, and they’ll be celebrating it in style. So don’t forget to bring your masquerade mask! The event is totally free, but don’t forget cash for the food trucks. Also make sure you visit the witches bar and try some amazing Pumpkin Ale. Let us know how you like it!
2. Friday Night Outdoor Roller Skate DJ Party: “Midnight Rollers” | Friday, October 25 | 8:45pm | Ferry Building | If you’re looking for a unique way to experience the night life around San Francisco, this is perfect for you! Skaters meet up outside the Ferry Building then go on an awesome 10 mile skate tour around the city. Some stops include Pier 39, Palace of Fine Arts and AT&T Park just to name a few. So come bring your skates and ditch your usual Friday night gym routine!
3. Noe Valley Harvest Festival | Saturday, October 26 | 10am – 5pm | 24th St. and Sanchez St. | It’s a family affair at the 9th annual Noe Valley Harvest Festival! There will be non-stop entertainment for children and adults. They’ve got live bands playing all day. There will also be a pumpkin patch, a dog costume contest, dunk tanks and more. Make sure you stop by and bring the kids!
4. Wharf Fest 2013 | Saturday, October 26 |11am – 830pm | Fisherman’s Wharf | Just because there’s no fleet week this year, doesn’t mean we can’t have our own fun at the wharf! Enjoy a chowder competition, craft beer tasting, and a free screening of award winning film’s from last year’s San Francisco International Ocean Film Festival. Then top off your evening with an amazing fireworks show!
5. Pet Pride Day 2013 | Sunday, October 27 | 11am – 3pm | Golden Gate Park | Don’t think costumes are only meant for humans! Come out to Golden Gate Park and take part in the pet costume contest. If you don’t have a furry friend to dress-up, then maybe you can adopt one. There will also be a ton of pet vendors, as well as a pet trick competition. Come down and showcase your pet’s best costume!
6. A special event, Evening of Hope | Saturday, October 26 | 6pm – 11pm | Metreon | This year featuring Heklina as our Misstress of Ceremonies, is San Francisco’s must-attend fête complete with cocktails, culinary delights. There will be gorgeous models wearing fashion with a message – one-of-a-kind Condom Couture designed by local and national designers. They will also have an auction with great prizes, such as a classic San Francisco night at the Four Seasons, a chartered cruise on the Bay, and so much more!