Get excited because Fall is approaching quickly! Time to sip warm cocoa, plan your get togethers with family and friends, and watch the leaves magically change. Make sure you’re ready for all your Autumn events with unique seasonal decorations! To help you, ABCey Events has compiled a list of 7 unique Fall centerpieces!
1. Autumn Log Centerpiece
You can light up your table with just a log and tealight candles! With a little drilling and placing, you have the perfect centerpiece! Also, this candlelit log goes great with anything earthy like small acorns and fall colored leaves. If you want a color pop, add in some bright red cranberries and pumpkins around the log! Leave your guests feeling toasty and warm while they enjoy their meal!
2. Glittery Acorn Fall Centerpieces
Already seeing acorns on your neighborhood street? Preserve and reuse them as a budget-friendly fall decor! These DIY Glitter Acorns are great centerpieces and will surely make your event look colorful and shiny! Simply spray paint them in a variety of colors, add a touch of glitter, and put them in a vase on display for all your guests to see. Also, you can spread them out on your table for a more casual yet colorful style!
3. Citrus Centerpieces
Citrus fruit comes in so many fun and festive colors. So use them this Fall as perfect bright centerpieces! Combine decorative flowers, branches, acorns, etc. with real oranges and limes to create a vibrant feel. And this is so simple to put together. Create this sophisticated and classy citrus centerpiece!
3. Floral Pumpkins
Combine your pumpkins with flowers to create a one of a kind design! Intrigue your guests with these floral pumpkins and use this unique trick to decorate your centerpieces. In addition, this quick DIY is perfect if you ever need a fast centerpiece! And, there are different ways of making this flower covered pumpkin!
4. Autumn Leaf Bowl
Upgrade your bowl and get into the Autumn spirit with this DIY! Great for decorating or holding treats, this Fall leaf bowl is very versatile. So grab some Mod Podge glue, fake Fall leaves, Kryon Glaze, plastic wrap, and a bowl or balloon. In fact it’s that easy to make this creative fall centerpiece.
5. Paper Pumpkins
Tired of real pumpkins? Then try paper pumpkins! Make your centerpieces stand out with these creatively colored paper pumpkins. They are absolutely adorable and super easy to make! Because there are so many colors to choose from, you’re options are unlimited!
7. Turkey Masterpiece
When it comes to Fall, turkey is a must have for your events! Don’t have a real, paper, ceramic, or clay turkey? No problem! Instead, you can create this artistic turkey centerpiece! So grab a pumpkin, Sahara floral foam, glue, carrots, cranberries and amongst other foods to create this! Set this turkey out during your event and watch your guests marvel at your masterpiece!
ABCey Events loves using the freshest fruits and vegetables to feed our guests! We are super excited to welcome a new season of food to spice up our event menus! Squash, apples, pears, sweet potatoes and other Fall foods are making their way onto our tables in the coming months. Here are some fun recipes to incorporate into your fall festivities!
Festive Pumpkin Dip
This spiced delicious Festive Pumpkin Dip is the perfect use of seasonal fruits and vegetables, like pumpkin and peppers, to serve to your guests as an appetizer. Just be warned, they may not want to stop for the main course!
Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes, Apples, and Onions
While the turkey might be the protein of choice in November, we think pork roast goes pretty well with classic Autumn vegetables. In this Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes, Apples, and Onions, you’ll be able to experience all of the Fall flavors in one delicious dish. Did we mention this recipe is gluten free?
Apple Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze
Apples, spices, and caramel glaze; what is more Fall than an Apple Bundt Cake? We’re sure we won’t be able to leave the table after having a slice of this festive cake, but it’ll be worth it!
Spiked Mulled Apple Cider
Cozy up with a spiked mulled apple cider on a chilly Fall day. Basically the Autumn version of sangria, this hot drink has orange zest, cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg and apples of course! Just keep them coming.
There is a weekend of festivals ahead of us and ABCey has selected the best ones for you! Our weekend lineup shows you where to find the best entertainment and coolest festivities. From party animals to food lovers, we’ll fill you in on the hottest spots in San Francisco!
Union Square Fall Fashion Festival
Thursday, October 9 | 5PM to 11PM | Union Square | Free The stores on Union Square will be celebrating the upcoming fall fashion and are inviting everybody to a fashion party in the heart of San Francisco. Participating shops will be offering discounts and gifts, combined with entertainment, refreshments and music. Most stores will be open late! Fashion fans that want to continue the festivities, are also invited to the after-party at Hawthorn Cocktail Lounge. You can purchase tickets for the after-party here.
October 9 – 13 | 11AM to 6PM | Northern Waterfront, San Francisco | Free Fleet Week is back! In honor of the armed forces of our nation, the Northern Waterfront will be presenting air shows, ship parades, and military displays. Visit the pier to enjoy all kinds of live entertainment and performances. Visitors can watch the famous ship parade on Friday at 11AM and the Blue Angels air show rehearsal from 12:30PM to 3PM. If you like fireworks you can watch the firework show on Saturday at 8:30PM. For the full program click here.
2014 World Vegetarian Day Festival
October 11 – 12 | 10AM to 6PM | SF Country Fair Building inside Golden Gate Park | Free from 10 AM to 10:30AM, then $10. Free for students with ID and children under 12 years. This two-day festival is a must for all vegetarians, vegans, and meatless food lovers! Aside from guest speakers, talks, cooking demos, and health exhibits, there will be plenty of free samples! Inform yourself about a healthy diet and learn how to use plant-based meat substitutes like seitan or soyrizo in your meals. Click here for the schedule.
Yerba Buena Night Festival
Saturday, October 11 | 4PM to 10 PM | Yerba Buena Center for Arts, 701 Mission Street (at 3rd Street) | Free | If you’re looking for a fun culture event, the Yerba Buena Night Festival will be your best bet! The 4th annual outdoor event presents music, dance, and art on 5 stages. Enjoy performances by Ensemble Mik Nawooi, Hope Mohr Dance, The Verms, and many more. Novela, La Boulange, Off the Grid and many other vendors will be there to spoil you with delicious food.
Sunday, October 12 | 12PM to 12AM | Entrance 19th Street and Mariposa | Cover: $15 before 4PM, then $20 | Do you love Burning Man and can’t wait for next year? You don’t have to wait that long for your next Burning Man experience! Dedicated Burners have the chance to party, enjoy music, dancing, performances, and art this weekend, in good old Burning Man style. Dig out your fanciest costume and join Decompression 2014 for a day celebrating the Playa.Which festival will you be enjoying this weekend? Tell us about your plans in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
We are already zipping through November which means that before we know it, Thanksgiving will roll on by to make way for December holidays. With these busy months coming up that are sure to be filled with lots of holiday parties, ABCey has gathered 5 ways to make use of those scattered leaves to make sure you and your house are party ready!
1. Wrapping | Amp up simple wrapping paper with brightly colored Fall leaves. And the best part, they’re free! Just check out your backyard!
2. Stuffing | Stuff a vase with colorful leaves to create an easy center piece! Add in some acorns or little pumpkins you may have laying around too!
3. Candles | Give candles that Fall touch with a colorful leaf wrapped around it to instantly brighten your home!
4. Garlands | Garlands are a great decoration in general as they always tie a room together so nicely, but by making one with all your fall leaves, you are sure to grab attention!
5. Table Setting | What better way to decorate a Fall themed table than with Fall colors that are all natural! Want a little glitz? Spray paint the leaves metallic! So chic!
Sadly, Halloween is over which brings October to a close. But, ABCey would like to welcome in November with 5 fun outdoor table settings that are perfect for any Fall soiree.
1. Long tables allow for a beautiful set up that seems much more intimate than seating that is all spread out at different tables!
2. We love how simple the flatware and plates are with that beautiful Fall shrubbery as a centerpiece. So chic and simple! Blankets on the chairs for guests are also a smart touch as things start to cool down.
3. These neutral colored feathers are elegant and really add a pop to this otherwise simple set up.
4. Again, incorporating nature into a Fall table setting is a must and these wood place card holders are so rustic and classy! Small votive candles always add a nice ambiance!
5. Okay okay, we don’t want October to be over just yet either, so incorporate some pumpkins/gords into your table setting too! We love these white pumpkins that give this table a fresh look!
We are always looking for any excuse to have an event! This October, why not have some friends over for a pumpkin carving party? What better way to ring in the holidays and to relax with friends?! Here are 5 of ABCey’s favorite things we think you may need for this Halloween inspired event.
3. Pumpkin Pie Popcorn | Spice up this snack with the perfect fall flavor: pumpkin! Guests will love this fun take on the otherwise ordinary snack.
Only two more days until the weekend. Come on, we know you can do it! To get it started, here is ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: the top five events we are most excited for.
1. Pumpkin Festival & Parade | Saturday, October 19th – Sunday, October 20th | 9 a.m. – 5. p.m. | 501 Main Street, Half Moon Bay | This is the ultimate fall festival, and we are so excited! With the world’s largest pumpkin sculpture, pie eating contests, costume contests, and a pumpkin parade, it is sure to put you in the Halloween spirit!
2. Classic Car Show | Saturday, October 19th | 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Jack London Square | Feeling nostalgic? Come check out iconic vintage cars from the 1920’s – 1960’s era. Some honorable mentions include Model A’s, roadsters, and Thunderbirds, and there will be live entertainment as well!
3. Fiesta on the Hill | Sunday, October 20th | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Bernal Heights | This is a family friendly fall block party, hosting a petting zoo, pony rides, a pumpkin patch, and live music. The festival is open to everyone of all ages, and is alcohol free in order to emphasize family and the community.
4. Nike Women’s Marathon | Sunday, October 20th | 6:30 a.m. (race begins) | “I run to be.” On Sunday, thousands of brave woman will be induring 21.2 (or 13.1 for the half) miles of San Francisco hills and beautiful scenery. Make sure you head down to the finish line at Ocean Beach for post-race fun and excitement. And good luck to all the wonderful ladies running this weekend!
5. Friday Nights at the de Young | Friday, October 18th | 5:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. | de Young Museum Golden Gate Park | Friday nights at the de Young are a free weekly art party consisting of live music, dance performances, and film screenings. This week the theme is robots and festivities include multiple live performances, interactive robots, and a performance installation by Bad Unki Sista. It is going to be an amazing night so you should definitely try to check it out!
As the weather gets cooler and you start gearing up for a busy event season, ABCey has gathered some of the most popular fall trends for your upcoming event! We want to incorporate them all into our next event!
2. Clustered Votives with Candles | Candles in pretty votives give any party a more relaxing and beautiful atmosphere. They look beautiful on tables and throughout the entire party, even hanging!
3. Signature Drink | Give your guests a new drink recipe to help them remember the night and make sure to name it after something fun! Who know, your guests may even find their new favorite drink!
4. Woodland Motifs | Incorporating a natural element into your event is all the rage, and there’s so many fun and easy ways to do it! We love anything with tree branches!
5. Jewel Tones | Jewel tones stand out anywhere and we love that they will appearing so much this Fall! Not only do they all look good alone, but when combined together, they are exquisite!