It’s Friday, and you know what that means…ABCey Events has the Weekend Lineup with a list of the top Bay Area Weekend events! Don’t miss out on these fun events going on Friday til’ Sunday!
February 3 | 9 – 12pm | Exploratorium | San Francisco
Interested in learning how to cure your hangover? The Exploratorium is hosting a black tie event with open bar with plenty of alcohol related exhibits! Learn about distillation and much more about your favorite drinks at this fancy affair!
February 4 | 11 – 4 | Tickets | SoMa StrEat Food Park | San Francisco
National Tater Tot Day is upon us! The food trucks of SoMa StrEat Food Park are turning all their specials into tater tot delicacies! Snag an all you can drink ticket and enjoys brews while discovering your new favor tater tot recipies.
February 3 | 5 – 9:30 | On Telegraph Ave. from W. Grand to 27th St. | Oakland
First Friday of February is one you can’t miss in Oakland! Get out of SF and enjoy Oakland’s local art, food, musicians and dancers!
February 4 – 10 | Participating Museums | San Francisco
Have a Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit card? Bring that card to participating museums and score free admission this week!
Become a fan of this amazing DJ. Checkout his soundcloud and then reserve your tickets for his performance at Audio SF this weekend!
February 3 |12pm | Two Embarcadero Center | San Francisco
It’s Super Bowl weekend! Pregame the real game with a Bunny Bowl hosted by the ASPCA SF. Watch cute bunnies hop around and maybe bring one home with you to watch the game on Sunday!
With the rough part of the week behind us, we’re already making weekend plans here at ABCey! From Pi Day to St. Patricks Day and everything in between- we’ve got you covered. Take a look at some of our top picks for the weekend! See you there!
FEATURED EVENT: LepreCon 2014 | Saturday March 15th | All Day | If there are two things San Francisco loves, it’s day drinking and crazy costumes. Imagine 1,000 people dressed like leprechauns, partying all day. Hailed as the spring SantaCon, Slone’s LepreCon is an open bar day party to dance and celebrate all things Irish. Come out and enjoy the fun, but don’t forget to buy your ticket here.
1. Pi Day | Friday, March 14th | Exploratorim | 10am-5pm | The 25th Annual Pi Day is one of the most irrational days of the year!! Come out and celebrate the irrational number and enjoy everything from a Pi Parade to real life servings of delicious Pi! And what makes it all the more sweet? Free admission for all on the most irrational of days!
2. IndieFest Roller Disco Party | Friday, March 14th | Women’s Building Auditorium | 8pm- Midnight | Beneath the spinning disco ball is a blur of furry boots, sparkly blue wigs, and rainbow tube tops as roller rink pros skate through a kaleidoscope of colored lights. For $10, you can join the costumed skaters gliding around the room as D. Miles Jr. spins tunes by funky favorites like Michael Jackson and James Brown. If your lucky, towards the end of the night, you might get to learn some moves from the pros!
3. Off The Grid | Friday, March 14th | Fort Mason Center | 5pm-11pm | The food trucks are back! Head over to the Fort Mason Center on Friday night for a gathering of some of the best food trucks around! Let your inner foodie pick and choose from a number of different trucks and cuisines and start your weekend off right!
4. Arbor Day Eco-Fair | Saturday March 15th | Ella Hill Hutch Community Center | 9am-noon | Show your love for the city and join the 40,000 people who already have volunteered over the past 13 years by participating in landscaping and gardening projects, painting over graffiti and cleaning up litter in the neighborhood. Activities include tree planting workshops, carnival games, a petting zoo and more! We love getting the city together to keep our home clean!
5. CAAMFest 2014 | Daily until March 23rd | Multiple Locations | After 30 years of being known as the San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival, the Center for Asian American Media’s annual all-things-media extravaganza is now entering its second big year under the phonetically pleasing name of CAAMFest. Taking place at multiple locations around the Bay Area there’s plenty of good stuff regardless of what side of the water you’re on.
It’s summertime and there’s ALWAYS a reason to celebrate! Getting the gang together for a night out “just because” can get pricy, but don’t let that stop you! ABCey wants you to have a fun mini-event while staying within budget. Here are our favorite ways to party on the cheap!
1. Find your Happy Hour | Absolutely no one with normal job hours can make a 4 p.m. happy hour. Look for bars with both food and drink specials, like El Rio in the Mission. Their happy hour goes from 1 p.m.-8 p.m. and on Fridays after 5:30, they give away free oysters. Sounds like the happiest hours of the week!
2. Take it Outside | When the weather’s this perfect, who can bother staying indoors? Tell your friends to grab a blanket and a potluck dish and meet you at the nearest park, beach, or garden! Pro tip: keep an eye out for free outdoor events in your city, like concerts and craft fairs. There’s nothing better than taking in music, friends, and good food on a summer day!
3. Stalk it Out | All around your city on any given day, there are dozens of events going on that you don’t even know about! Be up to date on your city’s happenings with websites like Fun Cheap SF that help you stay on top of all things free and inexpensive. Bet you didn’t know that there’s a free core & endurance outdoor workout today at Kezar Stadium in SF!
4. Night at the Museum | When the sun goes down, skip the bars and head straight for the museum! Spots like the California Academy of Sciences, the De Young, and the Exploratorium offer free exhibits and special events or tickets cheaper (and more inclusive) than regular admission. Let’s be honest: haven’t you always wanted to have a glass of wine while looking at art?
5. BYOB | Nothing makes wine taste sweeter than paying $15 a bottle in a restaurant! OpenTable has a list of restaurants that allow BYOB and don’t have a corkage fees. Bring the party with you by buying your own booze (and maybe slipping in a flask for yourself!)
Independence Day is only one day away and we have the perfect lineup for you! Whether you walk the Embarcadero for some fireworks and a booze cruise or prefer a pub crawl on Fillmore Street, ABCey knows you’ll have a fun, safe holiday!
1. July 4th Pub Crawl + Hot Dog Eating Contest | Thursday, July 4th | 2:00p.m.- 6:00p.m. | Kelley’s Tavern, 3231 Fillmore St. San Francisco | Absolutely nothing is more American than tons of hot dogs and beer! Celebrate abundantly with Americana foods and drinks then follow the party to watch fireworks on Marina Green. This event promises a fun after-party, too!
2. America’s Cup Opening Day | Thursday, July 4th | 3:00p.m. | Piers 27/29, Embarcadero, San Francisco | Celebrate the kick-off to weeks of races with all things sailing. The history, science, and culture of sailing will be intermixed with
3. Speak Easy 4th of July Cruise | Thursday, July 4th | 6:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. | Pier 40, South Beach Harbor, San Francisco | The best view of the city and the fireworks, a 1940s theme, and an open bar. Need we say more?
4. After Dark: Boom! | Thursday, July 4th | 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. | The Exploratorium, Pier 15, San Francisco | Explore what makes fireworks explode with a special exhibit filled with experiments and fun! Get geared up to see the sky filled with pyrotechnics with this boom-themed learning experience!
5. Fourth of July Celebration at the Pier | Thursday, July 4th | 12:00p.m.-10:00 p.m. | Pier 39, Embarcadero, San Francisco | During the day at this busy pier, live music and family fun make this the perfect place to spend your day off! As soon as 9:30p.m. rolls around, the city of San Francisco will dazzle you with an amazing fireworks display! Pier 39 is our pick for best firework-scouting spot!