Different hues & color combinations can support your event’s message by helping to cement ideas or feelings in attendees.
Colors & color schemes create an ambiance at event venues both consciously and unconsciously. At ABCey Events, we have rounded up our top five tips on ways to utilize the psychology of color effectively at your next event!
1. Consider contrast levels
The number of colors and the contrast between them creates different effects. Less variation and low contrast is more calming, while multicolor and high contrast creates a more energetic & vibrant vibe. Consider the theme of your event as well as the season you are planning to have it in. Fall is perfect for burnt orange & brown shades and Spring calls for pastels!
2. Adjust chromas to make the combinations of color work
There are no bad or wrong colors, there are only some unfortunate combinations. The chroma of the color you use will make it right. If you want colors that are more harmonious, or close on the color wheel, you still want contrast to vary their values & accents.
3. Be aware of iconic color combinations
Avoid color schemes that will remind people of different corporations. For example, red and gold could remind attendees of a fast-food place because people have such a connection to the hues you’ve chosen. But if you opt for a rich red and brushed gold, people aren’t going to think McDonald’s. Get creative and mix it up!
4. Always incorporate the corporate color of the host or sponsor
Even if it’s color message is contrary to the event’s message, this is an important tip! The logo color could be used minimally and softly at a corporate meditation session to just punctuate the event, for example.
5. Study successful color messages
The beauty of color is that the more you know, the more you know how to use it. Look at luxury ad campaigns for clues of color palettes that evoke a psychological response, or note the fun, bright colors in kids’ products for examples of what works! Play it up!
Spring time is in full swing, and at ABCey we have the latest trends to keep your events fresh and in season! Here are our 5 favorite spring time event trends!
1. Mix and Match: From bold prints to textures, mixing and matching is a great way to brighten up your event decor and usher in the spring time! Try mixing white hot textures with bold animal prints, or even mix bold colors to brighten up any event!
2. Radiant Orchid: The pantone color of the year is a great spring time color. Play off the wonderful blooms of the season and bring this bright, floral color to all aspects of your event! Small or large doses of this beautiful orchid color is a beautiful and elegant way to bring a touch of spring time to any event!
3. Green Room: Bring the outdoors in! The biggest thing we noticed at SXSW? Indoor greenery. Connect your event to the outdoors by creating intimate gardens and brightening up your event space. We absolutely loved this wonderful green wall! Its a springy, beautiful way to blur the line between indoor and out!
4. Go Retro: From neon and geometric shapes to old fashioned, marquee signage theres no better way to freshen up a spring party than by bringing back retro! We love the old school typography and patterns that are making appearances everywhere! What’s your favorite retro look?
5. Bold Florals: Go bold with florals this spring! Bright and structured florals are a must for this spring and summer. Take a page out of the runway looks and match stunning textured flowers with architectural, angular greenery and settings. It will surely be a statement piece for any occasion.
These fun, fresh trends are the perfect way to set your event apart from the rest! What’s your favorite trend to excite your guests and ring in the spring with?! Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
There are tons of ways to create the appropriate atmosphere for your event, and choosing a unique tent is the perfect way to do so. Here are ten different trends in tenting to consider when planning your next event!
2. Fabric Tents
6. Pole Tents
7. Arcum Tents
9. Raj Tents