You just met with a potential client and it’s time for you’re ready to get some new business! You know all the facts about your client’s event deets, what their goals are and what they are trying to accomplish. In the back of your head, you know this proposal is the key to your success! You may be a little nervous, but ABCey is here to help with some tips for a winning event proposal!
By summarizing or listing all the client’s desires and goals for their event, it provides reassurance. They know you understand their vision and will create their event with them in mind. In addition, this creates a good opportunity for you to add any suggestions you may have! These needs can come from anything mentioned in the initial meeting!
Show your client each stage of your execution process! You can include a variety of things, including your management process and RFP stage, your strategy, creating a timeline with adjustable milestones, and/or execution! This communication ensures that the client understands each step of your planning process and will eliminate any guessing games. It also conveys your organizational skills and shows you know what steps it takes to plan an event.
3. Showcase your experience!
This is your moment to shine! This reinforces all your strengths and showcases why you’re the best choice for their event. Don’t forget to insert any big company names if you’ve organized past events! In addition, be sure to include pictures of your past events with the most relevant ones flanking the top. (We knew those event pictures would come in handy!) Also, this is a great place to input any client testimonials and references.
Carefully break down each component and create a visual representation of the budget. One of our favorite ways to stay organized is to use a spreadsheet! It is easy to show each variable that incurs a cost, so the client is not confused about any fee or charge! This aspect of your proposal is a game changer, so do take your time! If you need any help with your budget, Event Manager Blog has an amazing event budget calculator!
5. Be visual
Inputting images and making your proposal visual make it visually appealing and easier to digest for the client. Also, the client will have an easier time envisioning your ideas for the event!
Before you submit your event proposal, be sure to double check for any typos or errors!
Whether organizing a conference, meeting, or event, planners are utilizing new techniques bolstered by the latest technology in order to ensure attendees get the most out of an event. With an increasing focus on achieving event ROI and success, it is becoming more and more important to improve event engagement by involving attendees throughout the experience: before, during and after! These features include apps, seating, visuals and much more!
Here are ABCey’s Top 10 ways to boost participation at your next event!
1.Event Engagement with Mobile Apps
Mobile apps such as Whova, Event Friendly and Event Board aim to transform audience networking and event engagement. These platforms include key features such as the accessibility of communication amongst each other, the ability for guests to plan networking in advance and also receive real time updates. There is also the ability to receive feedback during and after the event!
2. Mixed Seating
We all know theatre style is making it’s way out, and mixed seating IN! Mixed and informal seating at your event is important so that the audience is comfortable, and creates more space for lounging, networking, and engaging. We love this stage and seating design from Girl Boss!
3. Bioreactive Wristbands
There are a variety of new devices to engage the stage with the audience! Bioreactive wristbands were recently used at a Google-sponsored music event that displayed levels of emotion, movement and energy! These levels were presented on a real time board for the audience to see. Developments in new tech continue to change the event industry as it becomes more integrated into our daily lives!
Catchbox gives the audience the capability to speak and participate at an event or conference, making it fun and different! No more walking across the room to pass the mic! Attendees have a chance to engage with each other with the use of this throwable microphone. Make sure to keep your eye on the box so you don’t get hit in the head!
5. Virtual Reality
Not all event engagement needs to include speaking! Having new technology at events provides participation with the use of virtual reality headsets. VR can range from the audience playing a game to showcasing a new product, and is even used to scout event spaces! This interactive technology allows the audience to have some fun!
6. Live Visual Thinking
7. Social Media Influencers
One influential person can change the perspective of an event compared to many average social media users! The attendees who are more powerful on social media can be tracked prior to an event through monitoring. This allows them to engage with their followers and have a discussion.
8. Eye Catching Sets and Backdrops
It is important to have a design or event that is eye catching to the audience! Projection mapping can also help display content to really drive a brand’s message across. This will spark the interest of the attendees and set the tone for engagement and discussion.
9. Special Perks
Give attendees a gift to show your appreciation, and you don’t have to spend a ton! At our recent Upstart 10x Event, we created a cute low budget gift which included Dill Seeds from Urban Adamah (an event sponsor), tied with a custom flip book of all of the organizations members, and info on the company. This gave attendees a little something to discuss and take home!
10. Networking After Party
Well this one’s a given! Who doesn’t need a cocktail after a long day of sessions? DO provide a chance for attendees to continue the conversation, relax, and enjoy themselves. This also gives the guests the ability to talk about what they learned, as well as a way to meet and network with new people!
As attendees go to events to learn, network, and engage they also want an unforgettable experience! Event engagement allows the audience to have a unique involvement with the event. What are your favorite ways to stay tuned in at an event? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
Looking for some great event blogs to learn the best tips and tricks in the industry? The girls at ABCey have put together some must-reads to help you stay informed and get inspired! Though we do our fair share of blogging of our own, we still look to other helpful resources to stay on the ball and keep up to date with current trends!
1. Velvet Chainsaw: Fellow #eventprof Jeff Hurt knows what he’s talking about. On his blog, Velvet Chainsaw, he shares noteworthy daily posts . with innovative ideas and a fresh take or different perspective on the event industry. This blog should be on the top of your must-read list! @JeffHurt
2. Event Manager Blog: This blog is the leader in event technology trends. Specializing in innovation, this blog is for all kinds of event planners, from fledglings to full-blown party planners! @eventMB
3. Liz King Events: Liz is a leader and influencer in the event planning community, and has formerly won the #Eventprofs Most Thought Provoking Blog award. She is dedicated to educating fellow event professionals on how technology can enhance their events. @LizKingevents
4. Event Juice: This UK based blog is a must read! It has a little bit of everything for all kinds of event professionals and conference planners. If you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for, fear not! @eventjuice
5. Techsytalk: This blog, also created by Liz King is a great tech resource for event planners and features great content and event planning technology tips and news. This blog features an event technology of the week and is also the home for techsytalk LIVE, the premier Event Tech Conference and Showcase – For Planners, By Planners – focused on educating planners and introducing them to new event technology companies! @techsytalk
6. Hello Endless: Looking for a younger take on how to throw a rager? Look no further than Hello Endless, a blog started by a few college students who are very passionate about sharing their expertise in the events’ world! @helloendless
7. BizBash: BizBash is the mecca of all things creative for events! This is one of our favorite sites for inspiration! Get creative ideas for your next conference and see what is trendy in the event world while getting the scoop on where and what the leading eventprofs are coming up with. @BizBash
8. Event Industry News: This event blog is tailored to conference events. If you are looking for information or recaps on any conference, go to this site and learn everything you need to know! @EventNewsBlog
9. Special Events: This is an all-telling blog. Anything you want to know about special events and what goes into them, just check it out in this blog! @special_events
10. Bizzabo: This is a great mobile and networking platform for your conferences, but they also have our own informative blog to keep you up-to-date on all things event tech and they are always digging up some great tips to ease your conference planning woes. @bizzabo