Friday is here and the weekend is near! ABCey Events has our Weekend Lineup with the top 5 Bay Area and SF events that you don’t want to miss!
Top 5 Bay Area/SF Events
January 20th – January 31 | Participating Restaurants | San Francisco
Who doesn’t love yummy food and good prices? SF Restaurant Week kicks off tomorrow! Restaurant week celebrates the five star San Francisco dining community. 130 restaurants offer special multi-course pre fixed lunch and dinner menus where you can have a world class dining experience on a budget. Return to one of your favorite places or explore somewhere new!
January 21 | 9pm – 3am | Tickets | Cover $10 – 30 Donation | 119 Utah St., San Francisco
Following the Women’s March happening earlier in the day in SF and Oakland go party alongside some amazing women while also helping out great causes! All donations go to Planned Parenthood and the SF Women’s Community Clinic. Come out and support ladies all around the USA while dancing in the company of Rachel Torro, Laura Lisbona, Sharon Buck, Brass Tax’s Haute Mess.
January 21 | Doors open at 8pm | Tickets | The Regency Ballroom, San Francisco
The Edwardian Ball is an fantastic celebration of art, music, theater, fashion, technology, circus and the creations of author and illustrator Edward Gorey. This is a multimedia extravaganza that grew from an underground club party to a world wide know event! Definitely worth checking out!
January 20 | 5pm | Public Works SF, San Francisco
Looking for a cool yoga experience? Deep House yoga combines house music and power flow yoga in a club environment to make an exercise experience you won’t forget! Get away from the typical yoga studio this weekend and decompress under blacklights while listening to a DJ.
January 20 – 22 | Tours start every hour from 12 – 3 | Sea Lion Statue west of the Pier 39 Entrance Plaza, San Francisco
Looking for some exercise with the chance of spotting some cute sea lions? Pier 39 is celebrating its 39th year by hosting fun events throughout the coming year! This weekend the pier is celebrating the 27th anniversary of the sea lions’ arrival to Pier 39 with free Sea Lion Encounter walking tours!
With the week finally winding down- we want to know, what do you have planned this weekend? At ABCey, we are always looking for the best excuse to get out and enjoy what the city has to offer. Take a look at what we’re most excited for!
FEATURED EVENT: 2014 Edwardian Ball and Faire: |Friday, January 17th-Saturday January 18th| Regency Ball Room, San Francisco| 8pm-2am| The elegant, whimsical and musical Edwardian Ball takes place this weekend at the Regency Ball room. Set in an imagined Edwardian era it blends classic ballroom with fine art, live DJs and costumed attendees in edwardian dress! It is considered one of the not miss events of the year, come and join the fun.
1. Road Show|Thursday January 16th- Sunday January 19th| Eureka Theater, San Francisco| 8pm: Looking for a good laugh? Come out to Eureka Theater this weekend to catch Road Show, a story about the American dream and two brothers searching for the next way to strike it rich spanning from the Alaskan gold rush to the Floridian real estate boom it is sure to be filled with laughter fit for everyone!
2. FOG Design+Art| Saturday January 18th- Sunday January 19th| Fort Mason Center| 11am-7pm| Hosted by SFMOMA FOG is celebrating 100 years or art and design, this year will feature prominent 20th century and contemporary art and dealers. Come out to the Fort Mason Center to enjoy in a wide variety of art, discussions and performances. Tickets can be purchased online for $15 or at the door for $20.
3. Swap O’ Rama-Rama: |Saturday, January 18th| American Steel Studios, Oakland, CA| 1pm-4pm| Swap O’Rama-Rama is a non-profit clothing swap and DIY workshop that takes place in over 100 cities world wide. This Saturday come out Oakland, no admission necessary, and not only learn new crafts, but learn new ways to repurpose anything from house ware to clothing and beyond!
4. Good Food Awards Market Place: | Saturday, January 18th| Ferry Building, San Francisco| All Day| Come out to the Ferry Building this Sunday to get a taste of the winners of the Good Food Awards. This sunday, the winners will be showcasing their products for the public, tickets to the market are $5 at the door and it will be open all day. Come out and enjoy the sunshine and flavors!
5. Civic Symphony Concert: |Sunday, January 19, 2014 | Sir Francis Drake Hotel | 1pm| The San Francisco Civic Symphony was founded in 1931 and is the oldest community symphony on the West Coast. On Sunday they will be showcasing their work at the ballroom in the Sir Francis Drake Hotel for the public. Come out and enjoy the sounds of Tchaikovsky and Strauss among other works, it’s free for all ages!