There’s a ton of fun events taking place all over San Francisco this weekend, as usual. We’ve got a holiday tradition at Yerba Buena, a fun athletic event benefiting the Make-A-Wish foundation, a couple of amazing music performances, and of course an awesome vendor fair. Not to mention, we have a special featured event by DISTRIKT that you just can’t miss!
FEATURED EVENT: Distrikt Holidaze Koktail Party | Saturday, December 7 | 161 Erie St | Time to get all gussied up and fancy schmancy! This awesome event boasts a great list of DJ’s to perform including: DJ Kramer, Ben Seagren, Matt Kramer and many more! Better yet, all proceeds go to DISTRIKT and Make-A-Wish Foundation. Make sure to get tickets at a great price online, but don’t worry, because you can still get them at the door! Don’t miss out on this one of a kind holiday event!
1. The Velveteen Rabbit: 25th Anniversary | Friday, December 6 | 11am | Yerba Buena Center for the Arts | Head on down to the Yerba Buena Center for this beloved Bay Area holiday tradition. Told though music, dance and a powerful narrative, The Velveteen Rabbit celebrates the unique relationship between a little boy and his stuffed rabbit, and the enduring power of love. The classic festive costumes and madcap characters definitely bring the perfect amount of holiday cheer!
2. Brave the Bay 2013| Saturday, December 7 | 11am | San Francisco Aquatic Park | Attendees choose which athletic event most appeals to them – or they can participate in all of the activities in the “Santa Triathlon!” Come as a spectator (it’s free to watch) or join the fun to help raise money for Make-A-Wish. You’ll be helping grant wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions. This active, festive holiday-themed event is perfect for San Franciscans of any age!
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Tour | Saturday, December 7 | 8pm | Bill Graham Civic Center | Experience a totally different form of music and appreciate a genre beyond its limitation by getting tickets to this Macklemore and Ryan Lewis show. The duo linked up in order to create their unique debut EP titled VS. Witness the coming together of hot genres such as contemporary, and Hip-Hop while also experiencing other less familiar genres. It’s definitely a show you wouldn’t want to miss!
4. Lights Down Low | Saturday, December 7 | 10pm | Monarch | This weekend two popular acts, from slightly different spectrums of the musical scale, will come together for an amazing event. Deniz Kurtel, who is a huge fan of Burning Man and is often the featured centerpiece of Wolf + Lamb, is bringing her influences of deep house music. The other act, Pictureplane, will bring his music mixes that include dark synth, new wave, pop and progressive house music. It should be exciting to see how these two artists will work together this weekend.
5. SF Made | Sunday, December 8 | 10am – 5pm | Fort Mason Center | Check out San Francisco’s favorite local holiday fair. You can discover locally made gift items from 50 different vendors including: jewelry, apparel, gourmet gifts, chocolate and more! Also new this year, enjoy hot mulled wine from Sutton Cellars and yummy holiday knishes from King Knish.
This Weekend Lineup turned out to feature rather boozy activities, but we all need a few opportunities to wind down after a long work week! If you’ve been put in charge to find something to do this weekend, be sure to take a peek at our lineup. Whether it’s a high-energy night of dancing and music or a relaxing picnic in the park, you’ll find something to pique everyone’s interest and successfully enjoy the weekend!
1. Distrikt Presents: Revel – A Three Ring Circus Of Sound | April 27 | Erie & Mission | A carousel of beats, a 3-ring circus of sound, a day of whoopla, an evening of debauchery…and all that’s in between. If you’re looking for a wild night and a great time, this is it. Day time beats, bar, & DISTRIKT twisted carnival fun on Erie Street from 1-9pm! Two more areas of sound & insanity inside Public Works from 1pm-4am.
2. 120 Years of SF Fashion History Night | April 25 | The Old Mint | Join FlipSide & The San Francisco Museum and Historical Society for Party in Style at the Old Mint: 120 Years of SF Fashion History, a night of cocktails, music, and dancing.
3. Wine & Intrigue: Masquerade Soirée | April 26 |The City Club of San Francisco| Wine tasting? Been there, done that. But this one is different. This one is a masquerade party that features live performances, cigar etiquette and a fashion show!
4. SF International Beer Festival | April 27 | Fort Mason Center | Beer and food enthusiasts can enjoy a bottomless mug of hundreds of craft beers from their favorite local and international breweries as well as delicious eats from sensational San Francisco restaurants.
5. Off The Grid: Picnic At The Presidio | April 28 | The Presidio | Debuting this season, Picnic at the Presidio will feature a produce market with some of the Bay Area’s best farms and specialty purveyors. Knock out your weekly grocery shopping for fresh, organic produce with our selection of the local, seasonal produce.
*BONUS EVENT* Don’t forget to attend the How Weird Street Faire as well! A world-class music festival that takes place in the streets of downtown San Francisco, featuring a wide range of electronic dance music. There will be 10 stages of amazing music, art, and sound systems!