Are you ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow? If you’re running a little late getting everything together, don’t stress out because ABCey has put together 5 last-minute (and easy) Thanksgiving dishes for you, friends, and family to enjoy!
Bake Brie with Cranberry Sauce and Walnuts
Warn your guests: this Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce and Walnuts is so good, they might fill up on it before the turkey is even out of the oven!
Perfect Glazed Carrots
While calling these Glazed Carrots “perfect” might seem a bit presumptuous, your friends and family won’t be thinking so when they try them. This delicious side dish not only tastes delicious but adds a pop of color to your table as well!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Bacon, & Apples
Nothing screams Fall as much as this Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Bacon and Apples to accompany your main event. Plus you’ve got your veggies, fruit, and protein all in one dish!
What’s a Thanksgiving without Savory Cornbread? Luckily, this simple and straightforward recipe creates a deliciously comforting side dish.
Oreo Ice Cream Pie
While Oreos might not be a traditional Thanksgiving dessert, we are so thankful for them anyways! Nothing round out the meal better than this Oreo Ice Cream Pie which takes so little time to prep and cook.
We hope you are all as excited as we are for one of the best holiday’s of the year…The 4th of July. With fireworks, food, family, friends and fun, honestly, what could be better?! We created a helpful guide to all things 4th of July, from amazing food and drink ideas to the newest apps inspired by Independence Day!
1. BOOZE: Rather than chugging a beer by the pool, take your barbeque or party to the next level with these 4th of July inspired jello shots from Brit+Co. And, for those wine lovers, be sure to check the Pineapple and Berry White Wine Cocktail by She Knows for some more fruity and patriotic drink ideas!
2. DESSERT: Here is one that everyone is sure to love, chocolate covered strawberries! The Sisters Cafe brings these yummy deserts to the next level. Instead of using milk or dark chocolate, opt for white instead and dip the end into blue sprinkles. The 4th of July means getting back to your American roots, and what better way to honor that than by getting a recipe from Betty Crocker to make the ultimate American flag cake?!
3. APPS: What is Independence Day without your favorite music blasting?! Check out Songza and the app creates a 4th of July playlist for you and your friends! And, give July 4th Fun, Facts and Trivia a try and be the hit of the party by knowing all about the roots of this important holiday!
4. FIREWORKS: All of the biggest shows such as Macys’ Fourth of July Fireworks will be streaming online. However, if you are lucky enough to see fireworks live, head over to one of the many destinations all over the city to celebrate this wonderful holiday! You can find the full list of places to go here!
5. PHOTOS: Check out the latest of the multi-media messaging systems, Cooliris’ BeamIt! This awesome app is basically Instagram, WhatsApp and Flipboard combined. If you want to share pictures but not have it take up most of your day, download BeamIt!
What are you going to do for Independence Day? Will you be making any of these yummy drinks or desserts, or try one of the fun apps? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or on Facebook or Twitter!
In the words of Julia Child, “a party without cake is really just a meeting,” and we couldn’t agree more. That why ABCey has decided to put together 10 of our favorite cake designs that you can use as inspiration for your next event!
1. Rice Krispie Cake | This is such an easy and fun cake for any event! Kids and adults alike will love this adorable cake!
2. Black Cake | Black is definitely an underrated cake color. We think it looks so classy and sleek! Your cake will be the center of attention.
3. Ombre Cake | This color shifting cake looks beautiful on display at any event and will be sure to catch guests eyes!
4. Cookie Cake | Who doesn’t like cookies? This cake will make every guest happy and tastes great paired with ice cream!
5. Sprinkle Cake | Can’t pick a color for your cake? Why not use them all with sprinkles! So simple and cute!
6. Simple & Natural Cake | We love the simplicity of this white cake with a few plants placed on top. There is definitely beauty in simplicity, and this cake proves that!
7. Candy Cake | Next time you make a cake, spice it up with adding candy on top! This one has Whoppers on top! Cute and tasty!
8. Metallic Cake | Since sequins don’t really work on cakes, this is definitely the next best option to add a little “bling” to your cake and event!
9. Sweet & Salty Cake | There’s something about sweet and salty that satisfies everybody’s taste buds. This one has bacon and peanuts on it! YUM!
And last but not least…
10. Pumpkin Cake | Tis’ the season! This super easy cake (two bundt cakes!) makes the perfect Fall party accessory!
Which cake is your favorite?! Let us know in a comment or on Facebook or Twitter! We might just have to try them all to give you our answer! Make sure to stay updated with ABCey for more event ideas and tech updates!
With weather like this, it’s the perfect time for a picnic or a walk down the pier with a yummy treat in hand. But you’ve been to your favorite cafe for your usual pick-me-up pastry twice this week and you want to try something different. At ABCey, we’ve scoped out a few places for you to try some deliciously new baked goods and pastries!
1. Heartbaker by Sybil Johnson (406 16th Ave, San Francisco, CA)
2. Beth’s by Beth Setrakian (34 Miller Ave, Mill Valley, CA)
4. b. patisserie by Belinda Leong (2821 California St San Francisco, CA)
5. La Luna Cupcakes by Elvia Buendia (Level 1, Store #10, 50 Post St, San Francisco, CA)
Yum! One of the great perks of living in the Bay Area is the plethora of restaurants and bakeries. What’s your favorite dessert shop? Will you be making a trip to any of these places soon? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!