By Kristi Fujimoto, Jessica Li-Jo, and Jennifer Fong
Summer is flying by and it’s already August! Make sure you start this month off right by enjoying the weekend! There is a lot going on this weekend. So ABCey Events has your Weekend Lineup with the top 5 SF Events and Bay Area Events going on this Friday through Sunday!
Top 5 SF Events
Fri to Sat, 8/5/16-8/7/16 | All day | Prices vary check here | Golden Gate Park
Spend your weekend at this year’s Outside Lands! Don’t miss out on all the exciting live events, fun festivals, delicious food, and many other amazing activities! Enjoy the view of the Bay Area and of course, the iconic Golden Gate Park, while dancing it out with your friends at the grand festival. Filled with 3 days worth of fun activities and special guests, Outside Lands is ready to make your weekend unforgettable! So come out this weekend and check out one of the top SF Events! Don’t forget to check out our Outside Lands 2016 Survival Guide here!
Fri, 8/5/16 | Boards 11:30am, Cruises 12pm-2pm | $63 – $84, buy here | Pier 3, On the Embarcadero at Washington St.
Get a perfect view of the San Francisco Bay and enjoy an amazing lunch buffet on the Hornblower’s SF Lunch Cruise! From the cruise line, you can will sail under the Golden Gate and Bay bridge, see the SF skyline and view Alcatraz Island up close. Take in the sights and bay breeze with lots of beverages, including alcoholic ones, to purchase while on board. Moreover, use Uber for the first time with the code HORNBLOWER and get up to $15 off. So take in these breathtaking sights, chow down on amazing food this Friday, and sign up here!
Sat 8/6/16 | 8pm – 12am | Prices vary, check here | 2153 Ferry Point, Alameda, CA 94501
Want something interesting to do this Saturday? Head to Alameda’s Bohemian Carnival this Saturday! This unique carnival has much more than your normal circus acts. It also has an epic dance party, live and large variety of music, cabaret revue, and everything in between. View the wonders of this event and performances that range from hip hop, thespians, cabaret combined with rave dancers, Planet Booty electronic musicians, animated villain characters and more! Anything you want to see, you’ll find at this carnival! These theatrics and performances are a one of a kind titillating experience. Go party it up with a huge dance party! Order your tickets now, and you can win a pair of tickets here and here. So don’t miss out on this amazing SF Event!
Sat to Sun, 8/6/16-8/7/16 | All day | FREE | Downtown Fremont
Come to the “largest free street festival west of the Mississippi”. With nearly 400,000 people who attend annually, you can definitely expect that the Fremont festival will be bustling. With its’ artsy vibe, you’ll want to explore the arts & craft booths! Fremont Festival brings to you artisanal prepackaged food, food trucks, food vendors, tons of wine, beer and margaritas as well as continuous music and street performers. We also can’t leave out the kids on the fun! There’s an entire section of rides and shows for them as well. Since the 2016 Olympics are on, you don’t have to a miss a minute. They’ll be playing the olympics on a 15 foot HD screen. So, grab some food from the festival as well as enjoy the 2016 Rio Olympics!
Sat to Sun, 8/6/16-8/7/16 | All day | FREE | Japantown Peace Plaza
Join the melting pot by attending this weekend’s Nihonmachi Festival! The Nihonmachi festival embraces the Asian-Pacific American life and celebrates its roots. Everyone is welcome to help indulge in the food fest, check out the car show, participate in doggie world(Sunday only), explore the various types of artisans, and watch live shows and performances! This is a great way to explore other cultures as learn a new thing or two.
Independence Day is only one day away and we have the perfect lineup for you! Whether you walk the Embarcadero for some fireworks and a booze cruise or prefer a pub crawl on Fillmore Street, ABCey knows you’ll have a fun, safe holiday!
1. July 4th Pub Crawl + Hot Dog Eating Contest | Thursday, July 4th | 2:00p.m.- 6:00p.m. | Kelley’s Tavern, 3231 Fillmore St. San Francisco | Absolutely nothing is more American than tons of hot dogs and beer! Celebrate abundantly with Americana foods and drinks then follow the party to watch fireworks on Marina Green. This event promises a fun after-party, too!
2. America’s Cup Opening Day | Thursday, July 4th | 3:00p.m. | Piers 27/29, Embarcadero, San Francisco | Celebrate the kick-off to weeks of races with all things sailing. The history, science, and culture of sailing will be intermixed with
3. Speak Easy 4th of July Cruise | Thursday, July 4th | 6:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. | Pier 40, South Beach Harbor, San Francisco | The best view of the city and the fireworks, a 1940s theme, and an open bar. Need we say more?
4. After Dark: Boom! | Thursday, July 4th | 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. | The Exploratorium, Pier 15, San Francisco | Explore what makes fireworks explode with a special exhibit filled with experiments and fun! Get geared up to see the sky filled with pyrotechnics with this boom-themed learning experience!
5. Fourth of July Celebration at the Pier | Thursday, July 4th | 12:00p.m.-10:00 p.m. | Pier 39, Embarcadero, San Francisco | During the day at this busy pier, live music and family fun make this the perfect place to spend your day off! As soon as 9:30p.m. rolls around, the city of San Francisco will dazzle you with an amazing fireworks display! Pier 39 is our pick for best firework-scouting spot!