We are already zipping through November which means that before we know it, Thanksgiving will roll on by to make way for December holidays. With these busy months coming up that are sure to be filled with lots of holiday parties, ABCey has gathered 5 ways to make use of those scattered leaves to make sure you and your house are party ready!
1. Wrapping | Amp up simple wrapping paper with brightly colored Fall leaves. And the best part, they’re free! Just check out your backyard!
2. Stuffing | Stuff a vase with colorful leaves to create an easy center piece! Add in some acorns or little pumpkins you may have laying around too!
3. Candles | Give candles that Fall touch with a colorful leaf wrapped around it to instantly brighten your home!
4. Garlands | Garlands are a great decoration in general as they always tie a room together so nicely, but by making one with all your fall leaves, you are sure to grab attention!
5. Table Setting | What better way to decorate a Fall themed table than with Fall colors that are all natural! Want a little glitz? Spray paint the leaves metallic! So chic!
It’s finally here! We are so excited to announce that the Re:Make event is starting TODAY! This two day event at Fort Mason is hosted by Brit+Co. Dubbed by the press as “Silicon Valley’s Martha Stewart,” Brit Morin is the founder & CEO of Brit+Co, an online platform and e-commerce company that inspires and enables the digital generation to make.
Since the start of the company in late 2011, Brit + Co. has attracted millions of people across web and mobile devices. They have partnered with businesses like Pinterest, Intel, Fab, L’Oreal, YouTube, UNIQLO, Alloy Media, 3M, Nikon and more. Brit has also been featured in publications like the Los Angeles Times, Huffington Post, People, Lucky, Forbes, Parade, USA Today and Fortune. She is a regular DIY/lifestyle correspondent on The Today Show and is the tech correspondent for Katie Couric’s daytime talk show, Katie, nationally syndicated on ABC.
Day 1, today, is invite only and will feature creative leaders for an intimate conversation about how technology is changing creative industries. We have speakers like Chris Anderson, Ayah Bdeir, Aaron de Simone, Bridget Dolan and many more all making appearances!
Day 2, Saturday, October 5th, is FREE and open to the public! Join us and shop from nearly 1oo local makers and attend free hands-on DIY workshops!
If you aren’t coming today, we hope to see you Saturday! Let us know what you’re most excited for about this event in a comment or on Facebook or Twitter! Stay updated with ABCEy’s blog for more posts on our upcoming events, event ideas and tech news!
We all know that planning events can get costly, so why not save some $$$’s and make a few things on your own! Creating your own decor saves cash, gives the event a personal touch and is tons of fun! Here are a few of ABCey’s favorite DIY’s that you can try for your next event!
1. Glitter Letter Banner | Use these signs to direct guests to food or the event. They would look great for bride and groom chairs or your upcoming holiday party.
2. Outdoor Cabana | Outdoor events are always fun, but give your guests a beautiful place in the shade to hang out when it gets to warm.
3. Tissue Paper Flowers | A cheaper alternative to real flowers, these tissue paper flowers are super easy and look great at any party.
4. Glitter Mason Jars | Not only are these beautiful alone, but put a candle in them at night and the reflection they make is amazing.
5. Gilded Piñata Makeover | This piñata makeover is so simple and let’s you have a piñata that fits your party theme.
6. Hand Dotted Tumblers | You can buy glasses at the dollar store and transform them for dirt cheap! These tumblers are a great addition to any party.
7. Tassel Garland | Not only do these look great at an event, but they also look great as a decoration at home. (Our’s is above our desk!)
8. Coasters | Every event has some sort of beverage, so save your furniture by offering these natural coasters to guests.
9. Bottle Cap Candles | These candles burn a little over an hour, so they’re a great quick fix for any party and look cute scattered about.
10. Squash Bowling | If you’re having an outdoor event, keep guests entertained with this fun homemade game of bowling.