Pride is finally here! ABCey has a list of 10 tips that will help you survive and make the best out of this weekend full of love and festivities!
1. Sun Protection
Afternoons in our foggy city may be cool, but be sure to put on some sun protection (sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses) before you leave the house to avoid some nasty sun burns!
2. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate
We may not even know it, but it’s easy to become dehydrated when we spend the day dancing and keeping up with our favorite floats at Pride! Don’t forget to bring your own Hydro Flask water bottle to save a few bucks and to stay well-hydrated.
3. Bring Ca$h
Many local vendors will be at Pride, so be sure to bring some cash to support your LGBTQ-friendly businesses in case they don’t accept credit cards!
4. Phone Charger
You’re going to be taking pictures and videos all day, so make sure you bring a portable charger so that you don’t run out of juice. Snap away!
You won’t worry about losing your phone or any of your free Pride swag when you put it in a cute bag!
6. Comfortable Shoes
We all have those super shoes that we’re dying to wear out, but opt for your comfiest shoes because you’ll be on your feet all day!
7. Add Some Rainbows!
What Pride outfit is complete without rainbows? Whether it’s on an umbrella or on your socks, add a rainbow for a little more fun!
If you don’t have the perfect outfit for Pride yet, don’t worry! Rainbow glitter is the ultimate makeshift outfit! Cover yourself in glitter and head out to the parade! What else could you possibly need?!
9. Pride Balloons
What’s more fun than balloons? Use rainbow balloons to accessorize your outfit or to just carry around the parade!
10. Bring Your Friends!
Friends make any event better! Round up all your closest friends to eat amazing food and to make memories you’ll talk about for years!
For more pride-inspired fun, ABCey Events has a Pre-Pride Checklist for you!
Happy Thursday everyone! Are you as excited for the weekend as we are? From the Pokemon World Championship Viewing Party to the Pacific Sound System Summer Boat Party & After Party, there are so many events happening. To help you plan the perfect weekend, ABCey Events has compiled a list of the top 5 Bay Area events for our Weekend Lineup!
Top 5 Bay Area Events
Fri, 8/19/16 | 12pm – 8:30pm | Free | Razer Store San Francisco
Even with all of the Pokemon Go coverage, we still miss the good ol’ days. What are they? Pokemon cards of course! This Friday, you can watch the Pokemon World Championships and relive your childhood. Although the championship isn’t open to the public, you can check out the action at the Razer Store’s viewing party! In addition, this party will have tons of raffles and giveaways. If you’re a Pokemon fan, dress up in your best costume and play Pokemon Go with the masses!
Fri, 8/19/16 | 6pm – 8:30pm | $10, buy here | Startup Basecamp
As you grow older, it’s harder to find and connect with like-minded people! Thus, Startup Basecamp was created to give entrepreneurs, startup professionals, investors, and digital nomads a place to both live and work! Not only is this a cheap alternative to hotels but it also gives professionals a way to connect. To celebrate the opening of their newest motel, Startup Basecamp is hosting a launch party with an open bar, refreshments, and a DJ. Come join in, network, and connect!
Sat, 8/20/16 | 12pm – 6pm | $5-10 suggested entry donation, $95-Headliner Experience tickets | 20th Street Corridor
Do you like music? Love great food? Want to support a great local cause? If so, head over to the Mission district and hangout with 15,000 people at this SF block party hosted by Noise Pop! On 19th & 20th Street, between Bryant and Harrison, this block party will fill the streets with alternative indie music from a variety of artists. There are 17 neighborhood food vendors, 29 craft business/artisan vendors, a cooking demo and more! You can get the VIP treatment with $95 Headliner Experience tickets or pay the $5-$10 suggested entry donation. But these funds are going to an amazing cause: the Mission Language & Vocational School! Also, if your 21+, go to the pre and after party for even more fun!
Sat-Sun, 8/20/16-8/21/16 | Sat, 11am – Sun, 7pm | $50 – $130, buy here | Lake Sonoma Resort
If you love electronic music festivals and camping, then this is the event for you! The Bloom Festival will have artists performing all day long, so break out your camping clothes and gear to stay warm. In addition, Jeno & Garth, DJ M3, DJ Sharon Buck, and Harry Who are just a few of the amazing performers at this festival! This event is all ages, but don’t forget to bring your ID! In addition, CalGang Thai Eatery will be there to give you amazing food and beverages. You can also take advantage of Lake Sonoma and bring a boat, or rent water equipment. Best of all, parking is free! Come enjoy the music and camp out under the stars this weekend at one of the top Bay Area events!
Sun, 8/21/16 | 5pm-11pm, after party: 10:30-2am | 21+ years old | $70, buy here; after party $5 with boat ticket, $10 without | Pier 3
Climb aboard the San Francisco Spirit this Sunday for an evening of great music and lots of partying! On this boat party, you’ll get to hear tons of great beats from DJ’s Galen, J-Bird, and Solar, and special guest, Chez Damier! Then, head over to Monarch for the official after-party. Don’t miss this opportunity to mingle, lounge, and dance the night away!
Can you believe it’s already Thursday? That means we’re only one day away from getting our weekend started. Let ABCey help you decide which event to attend. We’ve got everything from a roller skating DJ party to a pet costume contest!
1. Final 2013 Off the Grid Party & Masquerade | Friday, October 25 | 5pm – 10pm | Fort Mason Center | Embark on a mobile food adventure with 32 other food trucks at Fort Mason. It is the last one scheduled for this season, and they’ll be celebrating it in style. So don’t forget to bring your masquerade mask! The event is totally free, but don’t forget cash for the food trucks. Also make sure you visit the witches bar and try some amazing Pumpkin Ale. Let us know how you like it!
2. Friday Night Outdoor Roller Skate DJ Party: “Midnight Rollers” | Friday, October 25 | 8:45pm | Ferry Building | If you’re looking for a unique way to experience the night life around San Francisco, this is perfect for you! Skaters meet up outside the Ferry Building then go on an awesome 10 mile skate tour around the city. Some stops include Pier 39, Palace of Fine Arts and AT&T Park just to name a few. So come bring your skates and ditch your usual Friday night gym routine!
3. Noe Valley Harvest Festival | Saturday, October 26 | 10am – 5pm | 24th St. and Sanchez St. | It’s a family affair at the 9th annual Noe Valley Harvest Festival! There will be non-stop entertainment for children and adults. They’ve got live bands playing all day. There will also be a pumpkin patch, a dog costume contest, dunk tanks and more. Make sure you stop by and bring the kids!
4. Wharf Fest 2013 | Saturday, October 26 |11am – 830pm | Fisherman’s Wharf | Just because there’s no fleet week this year, doesn’t mean we can’t have our own fun at the wharf! Enjoy a chowder competition, craft beer tasting, and a free screening of award winning film’s from last year’s San Francisco International Ocean Film Festival. Then top off your evening with an amazing fireworks show!
5. Pet Pride Day 2013 | Sunday, October 27 | 11am – 3pm | Golden Gate Park | Don’t think costumes are only meant for humans! Come out to Golden Gate Park and take part in the pet costume contest. If you don’t have a furry friend to dress-up, then maybe you can adopt one. There will also be a ton of pet vendors, as well as a pet trick competition. Come down and showcase your pet’s best costume!
6. A special event, Evening of Hope | Saturday, October 26 | 6pm – 11pm | Metreon | This year featuring Heklina as our Misstress of Ceremonies, is San Francisco’s must-attend fête complete with cocktails, culinary delights. There will be gorgeous models wearing fashion with a message – one-of-a-kind Condom Couture designed by local and national designers. They will also have an auction with great prizes, such as a classic San Francisco night at the Four Seasons, a chartered cruise on the Bay, and so much more!