ABCey’s San Francisco Weekend Lineup 7/20-7/22
Tomorrow’s the day we’re all looking forward to: Friday! ABCey brings you this week’s San Francisco Weekend Lineup with the top events happening in the Bay Area! If you don’t have plans this weekend, we’ve got you covered from Star Wars at the Symphony Hall to a Burning Man trunk show!
July 20 | 6am – 9am | Prices range from $30.00 – $45.00 | San Francisco Belle, Hornblower
Usually, you may not be a morning person, but you’re going to want to be one for Daybreaker SF! Get ready for an unforgettable time with crazy beats, amazing company, and tons of dancing! Being their 4th anniversary, their theme is “Come Sail Awake With Us” and they plan to entertain you all morning with activities like yoga, dancing, and face painting! It’s one our favorites for the weekend, will we see you there?
Summer with the Symphony
July 18 – August 3 | 7:30pm | Prices range from $75.00-$125.00 | Davies Symphony Hall
The SF Symphony summer concert series returns this weekend! If you love Star Wars, you’re going to be ecstatic! The orchestra will play live scores from the original Star Wars trilogy with the films projected on stage! Talk about an unforgettable experience!
Beyond the Fence Trunk Show
July 21 | 12:00pm – 6:00pm | Free admission | The Great Northern
Burning Man is coming up! Hope you’re ready to begin shopping of your costume at the 12th Annual “Beyond the Fence” Trunk show! There will be over 30 local and independent designers selling unique costumes perfect for the desert getaway! Local DJs and cocktails will be available for you to enjoy while you take in inspiration on and off the Playa!
Reverb: Dance Celebration of Larry Harvey
July 27-30 | 1:00pm – 10:00pm| Prices range from $20 and up, depending on donations | The Midway
In honor of Larry Harvey for starting Burning Man, we gather together to celebrate the passion he has created in others. This man dreamed of a world where creative minds can come together to cooperate and this vision led to the creation of Burning Man.
Off the Grid
July 22 | 11:00am – 4:00pm | Free admission | Main Parade Ground
Rain or shine, the Presidio takes place on the Main Parade Ground. It features many vendors to get a taste of the diverse foods and cultures of the Bay Area and a free cultural dance performance on the fourth Sunday of each month! It will feature more than 25 international mobile food inventors, music for everyone, lawn games, yoga, and nature-based crafts for kids!
Stern Grove Festival
July 22 | 2pm | Free admission; First come, First Serve | Stern Grove
Since 1938, the SF Symphony returns every summer for an annual performance, and their return dates for this Sunday! If you’re looking for a nice event to take your family or a relaxing day filled with beautiful music, we hope to see you there!
What does your San Francisco weekend lineup look like?
Which events will you be attending this weekend? We’d love to hear from you! Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
“A Party Without Cake Is Really Just A Meeting”
In the words of Julia Child, “a party without cake is really just a meeting,” and we couldn’t agree more. That why ABCey has decided to put together 10 of our favorite cake designs that you can use as inspiration for your next event!
1. Rice Krispie Cake | This is such an easy and fun cake for any event! Kids and adults alike will love this adorable cake!
2. Black Cake | Black is definitely an underrated cake color. We think it looks so classy and sleek! Your cake will be the center of attention.
3. Ombre Cake | This color shifting cake looks beautiful on display at any event and will be sure to catch guests eyes!
4. Cookie Cake | Who doesn’t like cookies? This cake will make every guest happy and tastes great paired with ice cream!
5. Sprinkle Cake | Can’t pick a color for your cake? Why not use them all with sprinkles! So simple and cute!
6. Simple & Natural Cake | We love the simplicity of this white cake with a few plants placed on top. There is definitely beauty in simplicity, and this cake proves that!
7. Candy Cake | Next time you make a cake, spice it up with adding candy on top! This one has Whoppers on top! Cute and tasty!
8. Metallic Cake | Since sequins don’t really work on cakes, this is definitely the next best option to add a little “bling” to your cake and event!
9. Sweet & Salty Cake | There’s something about sweet and salty that satisfies everybody’s taste buds. This one has bacon and peanuts on it! YUM!
And last but not least…
10. Pumpkin Cake | Tis’ the season! This super easy cake (two bundt cakes!) makes the perfect Fall party accessory!
Which cake is your favorite?! Let us know in a comment or on Facebook or Twitter! We might just have to try them all to give you our answer! Make sure to stay updated with ABCey for more event ideas and tech updates!