Only two more days until the weekend. Come on, we know you can do it! To get it started, here is ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: the top five events we are most excited for.
1. Pumpkin Festival & Parade | Saturday, October 19th – Sunday, October 20th | 9 a.m. – 5. p.m. | 501 Main Street, Half Moon Bay | This is the ultimate fall festival, and we are so excited! With the world’s largest pumpkin sculpture, pie eating contests, costume contests, and a pumpkin parade, it is sure to put you in the Halloween spirit!
2. Classic Car Show | Saturday, October 19th | 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Jack London Square | Feeling nostalgic? Come check out iconic vintage cars from the 1920’s – 1960’s era. Some honorable mentions include Model A’s, roadsters, and Thunderbirds, and there will be live entertainment as well!
3. Fiesta on the Hill | Sunday, October 20th | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Bernal Heights | This is a family friendly fall block party, hosting a petting zoo, pony rides, a pumpkin patch, and live music. The festival is open to everyone of all ages, and is alcohol free in order to emphasize family and the community.
4. Nike Women’s Marathon | Sunday, October 20th | 6:30 a.m. (race begins) | “I run to be.” On Sunday, thousands of brave woman will be induring 21.2 (or 13.1 for the half) miles of San Francisco hills and beautiful scenery. Make sure you head down to the finish line at Ocean Beach for post-race fun and excitement. And good luck to all the wonderful ladies running this weekend!
5. Friday Nights at the de Young | Friday, October 18th | 5:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. | de Young Museum Golden Gate Park | Friday nights at the de Young are a free weekly art party consisting of live music, dance performances, and film screenings. This week the theme is robots and festivities include multiple live performances, interactive robots, and a performance installation by Bad Unki Sista. It is going to be an amazing night so you should definitely try to check it out!
There’s lots going on in the Bay Area this weekend! Concerts, festivals, Mother’s Day on Sunday…you’re certainly not going to find yourself bored. ABCey has gathered up some events for quite a musical weekend!
1. Bottle Rock Napa Valley | May 8-12 | Napa | BottleRock is a five-day, delicacy-fueled foray into the absolute best music, comedy, wine, food, and beer the world has to offer.For five days, downtown Napa will be the epicenter of a collision of music, food and wine that will reverberate for miles around. The lineup for this festival is amazing!
2. Silicon Valley-Shanghai Hackathon 2013 | May 10 | Santa Clara | Join PingWest at Silicon Valley-Shanghai Hackathon to interact with top coders, developers and designers from both US and China; inspire your peers or get inspired from others. Just bring your laptops, form your teams or find your partners onsite, then enjoy the 36 hours’ coding game, and turn your idea to demo!
3. Classic Cars, Food, Beer, Ping Pong & Art Fest | May 11 | Oakland | Classic Cars West invites you back to The Yard for a weekly daytime food, beer, ping pong, art and classic car party in Oakland.
4. 2013 Bluegrass Pickin’ Picnic In The Park | May 11 | Golden Gate Park | Sponsored by the California Bluegrass Association, this event is open to all who play or like to listen to bluegrass music. Your hosts will have a grill set up and will be serving hamburgers and hot dogs. Guests are encouraged to bring a side dish, beverages, and a jug of water. Bring your instruments, friends, and family. Chairs or blankets to sit on will be handy too.
5. 2013 North Beach Mini-Street Fair Kick-Off | May 12 | Kerouac Alley | A Fair to Remember is a gathering of local creatives. They have everything from bakers to vintage collectors, soap makers, jewelry and print makers, photographers and painters and their outdoor fair is a unique shopping experience held in Jack Kerouac Alley between Vesuvio Cafe and City Lights Bookstore in North Beach