#TechTuesday highlights the best and brightest ideas in the tech world. In today’s #TechTuesday, we feature Candy Mechanics, a 3D scanning CNC Chocolate machine.
Who doesn’t love chocolate? Candy Mechanics has a created a hand-held portable 3D scanner, which is used to scan a persons head. After this is completed, the scan is created into a 3D model by using a ‘Candy Carve’ to sculpt the head out of chocolate in under 5 minutes! These chocolate treats are the ultimate addition to any event!
These personalized and delicious chocolates are a fun gift that your guests will love! This new technology allows people to create their own face as a 3D chocolate Lolpop. Candy Mechanics also has customizable Candy Cards, which carves personalized letters onto chocolates. Candy Cards and Lolpops would make the perfect party favor for any occasion! Bring these fun chocolates to your next event with their Mobile Candy Card and make your event truly unique!
It’s Thursday, and you know what that means…ABCey Events has the Weekend Lineup with a list of the top 5 Bay Area Weekend events! We have everything from a 10 Hour Dance Event and Rum Festival to a Rooftop Party and of course the start of Burning Man. Don’t miss out on these fun events going on Friday til’ Sunday!
Top 5 Bay Area Weekend Events
Fri 8/26/16 and Sat 8/27/16| 5pm – 3am | 21+, no ins & outs| $20 tickets here, cash only at event | SF Mint
Celebrate the end of the work week this Friday! Get the party started with 10 hours of fun, food, drinks, and dance! First, walk into a projection-mapped courtyard and enjoy happy hour drinks from 5pm-10pm! Then, head down to the SF Mint building basement and dance til the wee hours of the morning! With world class DJs, amazing food from The Midway’s own Madame Zola’s Fortune Cafe, and top of the line art performances, you’ll be entertained all night long! Get to this “once in a lifetime” event!
Fri 8/26/16 to Sat 8/27/16| Fri 2pm – Sat 6pm | 21+ | $5-$130, Buy tickets here | SOMA Cultural Center
Like rum? Then get to this Bay Area Weekend Event? This festival will give you a chance to taste new rums, discover new brands, attend rum seminars and enjoy great music! You’ll also learn history behind rum and how to differentiate the different grades of rum. But hurry, tickets are only on sale for a limited time!
Sat 8/27/16| 4pm-7pm | $25, Buy tickets here | 620 Jones, SF
Meet and mingle with some of the best and brightest professionals and alumni! Don’t skip this popular event to network and connect with other business individuals! There will be plenty of cocktails, and if you’re hungry, there’s a great restaurant downstairs! Also, make sure you stick with the dress code and wear white to celebrate the summer with a fabulous view!
Sat 8/27/16 and Sun 8/28/16| 11am – 5pm | FREE | Ghirardelli Square
Love Etsy as much as we do? Then get to Ghirardelli Square this Sunday to check out over 60 local Etsy artisans. While you shop, grab some of the world famous chocolate and ice cream. If that wasn’t enough, you can hop over to the Lagunitas Beer Garden! There you can sip on some great beer, enjoy great views of the Bay Area, fulfill your sweet tooth, and shop til’ you drop! What more could you ask for?
Sun 8/28/16 til Mon 9/5/16| 10am – 12pm | $390+ tickets here | Black Rock Desert, NV
Join over 70k people in one of the most hyped and talked about radical events of the year! Explore with others a magical and unique experience full of music, art, and wonder. Explore the theme camp’s various bars, dj’s, workshops, and open mics, or try some flaming Skee-ball, check out the Hall of Mirrors, or the DIY movie theater! Stop by Center Camp for performances and galleries, the French Quarters Camp for elegant cocktails, sweets, and custom soaps, the Thunderdome for sword fighting, or the Firehouse Camp to paint. And, be sure to hop on an art car!
Working at ABCey Events, we know how stressful event planning can be. Sometimes there is not even enough time to eat a proper meal, which can have a negative impact on our health. Instead of grabbing a burger and fries at the nearest fast food place, you could spend your money on much healthier food that also helps you to become more relaxed. ABCey shows you the 6 best snacks to eat while working in a stressful job.
Avocados are a real nutrient booster! They include glutathione, lutein, beta carotene, folate and the vitamins A and B. A few slices of avocado added to your sandwich gives you a boost of all these vital nutrients! But avocados are also great in salads or dips. The potassium included in avocados also lowers your blood pressure and makes you feel more relaxed. But be aware that avocados also include a lot of fat and should be enjoyed in moderation.
Bananas officially belong to the world’s healthiest foods. Similar to avocados, bananas include a lot of potassium, which lowers blood pressure. They also fill you up quickly and are an ideal snack to eat if you’re in a rush. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
No matter if you like raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries; they are all a great source of antioxidants, which are linked to all kinds of health benefits and promote brain function. Berries are also very rich in vitamin C, which lowers blood pressure and relieves stress.
Fresh vegetables are always a good snack! Crunchy carrots or celery stalks are simply fun to eat and make you feel refreshed. They are low in calories but high in vitamins, which makes them real feel-good snacks. Additionally, we can dip our veggies in tasteful dips or hummus.
Nuts boost our immune system with vitamins and zinc. Particularly walnuts include omega-3 fatty acids that prevent memory loss and keep our brain fit. Cashew nuts are especially rich in zinc, which fights against anxiety and depression. In addition, almonds, pistachios, and hazelnuts are great snacks for when you’re on the go.
Now that we’ve got the vitamins taken care of, it’s time for a different kind of power snack! Chocolate is a stress relieving snack that triggers specific hormones in our brain which help us to relax. Research has proven the positive effects of chocolate consumption on our mood and stress levels. The darker the chocolate, the more polyphenol and flavonol it contains. These antioxidants help us to stay calm in stressful situations. It’s a great excuse you can use to enjoy chocolate even more in the future!
What is your favorite snack to enjoy when you are stressed? Tell us about it in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter.
Do you feel like this week went by incredibly fast and you haven’t made plans for your weekend yet? Don’t worry, ABCey Events has you covered! Whether you’re into science, literature, food, or fashion – we’ve gathered a list of the most exciting events in San Francisco on September 13-14, 2014.
Free Shakespeare in the Park: The Taming of the Shew
Saturday and Sunday | 2pm | Main Post Lawn | 103 Montgomery Street, Main Post, Presidio
The ideal event to bring your friends and family together! Bring a blanket and some snacks and enjoy the funny and crazy plot twists in Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shew. A Green Show describing Shakespeare’s background and history precedes the play, which makes this event great for non-Shakespeare literates as well.
Chic Metropolitan Fashion Show
Saturday | 7pm – 1am | 950 Mason St, San Francisco | Cover $30-50
If you are into fashion, you can’t miss the Fast and Luxurious fashion show by Chic Metropolitan this Saturday. Held in The Grand Ballroom of the Fairmont Hotel and presented by multi-millionaire Robert Herjavec, Chic Metropolitan will introduce the latest fashion from Colleen Queen on more than 50 models. The Bay Area mash-up band The Rock-It Scientists will be playing at the event. Feel fancy and dip into the world of the rich and famous. Click here for more information and tickets.
Ghirardelli Square Chocolate Festival
Saturday and Sunday | 12pm – 5pm | Ghirardelli Square, San Francisco | Free entry but chocolate samples must be purchased.
Chocolate lovers will enjoy this weekend’s 19th annual Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival! More than 30 vendors will be offering all kinds of sweet and delicious samples. The sampling tickets can be purchased here and the money will be donated to Project Open Hand. If you don’t want to spend money on the sampling tickets, there are still plenty of other reasons to check out this event! There will be chef demonstrations from chocolatiers, cupcake bakers and many more, as well as the popular ice-cream sundae eating contest.
California Academy of Science: Free Admission Day
Sunday | 11am – 5pm | 55 Music Concourse Drive, San Francisco
This upcoming Sunday is one of the rare days when the California Academy of Sciences opens its doors for free to the public. Seize this opportunity! Bring family and friends and visit the world-class 400,000 square foot institution that includes an aquarium, a planetarium, a natural history museum and a four-story rainforest.
Where will you be this weekend? Tell us your plans in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter.
Here at ABCey, we are always excited when the weekend comes around, and we’re sure you are too! There are some great events taking place all throughout the Bay Area, including music festivals and lots of food. No matter what you choose to do, it’s sure to be a great time!
Featured Event: BottleRock Festival | Friday, May 30 – Sunday, June 1 | Napa Valley | This is the second year of this feature music festival in Napa Valley including 60 bands with tons of wine, food, and beer. The lineup is sure to please any type of music taste with favorites including Outkast, Eric Church, Matt and Kim, and more! Even if the music isn’t enough for you, the signature local food will definitely draw your taste buds in. The food offerings range from sushi to barbecue, and everything in between. Single and 3-day passes are still available for $279.
1. Off the Grid Twilight at the Presidio | Thursday, May 29th | 5-9pm | Main Post Lawn Presidio | Here is a great example of why we love the Bay Area! Off the Grid is a reoccurring event every Thursday until June 26th and is the perfect excuse to leave work a little early this week. This event is free to the public and includes lantern-lit cabanas, campfires complete with relaxing Adirondack chairs, and plenty of food trucks. Come out and relax with family and friends while listening to the free music and taking in a leisurely summer evening.
2. Start Up and Tech Mixer | Friday, May 30th | 5 – 10pm | W Hotel, SF | This event is a great chance to network with other individuals in the tech industry and create a shared network of ideas. We’re very excited about the Start Up and Tech Mixer which will include a variety of speakers and areas for networking with other tech professionals. It’s sure to be a great time with a wide range of participants, food and drinks, and professional development. The event keeps the best of what tech conferences offer to bring a unique tech event to the industry.
3. Chocolate and Chalk Art Festival | Saturday, May 31st | 10am – 5pm |Gourmet Ghetto, Berkeley | This event is a chocolate lover’s dream with the acclaimed Gourmet Ghetto supporting local business and art at the same time! Buy tickets for the variety of dessert offerings and then sample unique chocolate, which will include: goat cheese truffles, a variety brownies, Oreo shakes, Caribbean chocolate soup, and more. The chalk art portion will include a contest between contestants on the sidewalks and will add a fun interactive flare for the event attendees. We’re jealous of all those that will make it out to Berkeley to sample these tasty chocolate dishes!
4. Live 105’s BFD | Sunday, June 1st | 11 am | Shoreline Amphitheatre | We are excited about this Sunday’s concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre for Live 105’s 20th annual BFD concert! The lineup is unique with bands ranging from Foster the People and M.I.A. to Fitz and the Tantrums. This is sure to be a fun-filled day with live music and dancing to pass your Sunday. Tickets are still available and range from $47 for grass seating to $285 center stage. Check out the lineup this Sunday!
5. Walking Distance Dance Festival | Friday, May 30 – Saturday, May 31 | Friday @ 7:30pm & Saturday @ 4pm | Locations Vary | Here is a unique chance to see dance performances outside the theatre! This weekend marks the start of the Walking Distance Dance Tour that will lead its participants throughout the Mission district watching a variety of top dance companies perform. It will be a distinct chance to view a variety of dance styles and blends of music. We’re sure this will be a great way to gain a different perspective of the city with it’s blend of dance, music, and architecture.
We don’t know about you, but just the mention of chocolate makes us weak in the knees. Here at ABCey, we are always on the lookout for exciting new ideas for our events. Brigadeiro, our latest “handmade” sweet tooth find is a Brazilian sweets shop that makes none other than, well- Brigadero’s! These tasty treats can be described some kind of hybrid between a bonbon and a truffle!
Brigadeiros are the most popular candy in Brazil and are made with condensed milk and Belgian chocolate. It’s a truly national passion – possibly even moreso than soccer. In Brazil, no birthday party, no wedding, no coffee break, no catch up with friends happens without the indulgent treats. They also make great wedding, party favors, or holiday gifts!
They recently announced their launch in our very own, San Francisco, and needless to say, we couldn’t be more excited! Brigadeiros are offered in 21 different and amazing flavors in gorgeous boxes (one bite size ball) or jars (to eat the candy with a spoon). Some of their amazing flavors include: classic, pistachio, honey, coffee, cherry, coconut and the list could goes on! We can’t choose!