Tag: Chinese New Year
ABCey’s Bay Area Weekend Lineup: 2/10/17 – 2/12/17
Happy Thursday! ABCey Events has the Weekend Lineup with a list of the top Bay Area Weekend events! Whether you are looking to find a new favorite beer or want to break it down on the dance floor, this list has what you’re looking for!
SF Beer Week Opening Gala 2017
February 10 | 6 – 10:30pm | Tickets | Pier 48 | San Francisco
Love craft beers? 125 Breweries from NorCal are heading to Pier 48 this weekend! Enjoy your beers with some of the best Bay Area food there as well!
Chinese New Year Street Fair and Parade
February 11 & 12 | 10 – 4:30 & 9 – 5 | Chinatown | San Francisco
Chinatown is the place to be this weekend! Make Chinese lanterns and kite and see folk dancing and puppet shows. Additionally, the Chinese New Year Parade will be happening on Saturday and is known has one of the top ten parades in the world! Extra bonus this year as Cirque du Soleil will be performing!
February 2-16 | List of Events | San Francisco
Indiefest not only shows awesome movies but features a ton of fun events as well. This weekend does not disappoint as the 14th annual Big Lebowski Party is happening this Friday at the Brava Theater! Dress up for the costume contest, drink a White Russian and show off your Lebowski knowledge during trivia. The fun doesn’t stop on Sunday as there is Princess Bride Bingo. Watch the film and play along on your board for a chance to win awesome prizes.. and don’t forget the open bar!
February 11 & 12 | Pier 39 | San Francisco
39,000 tulips will be blooming at Pier 39! Learn some gardening tips and Instagram a beautiful photo of the tulips this weekend!
Daybreaker SF Neon 90’s Party
February 10 | 6 – 9AM | Tickets | City Nights | San Francisco
Wake up early tomorrow and party before work! Daybreaker SF is hosting a dance party to benefit ACLU this Friday. Millennials will love the 90s theme while also enjoying yoga, fresh juice, and of course dancing!
Will you be attending any of these Bay Area/SF events? What other SF events are you excited about this weekend? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup 1.30.14 – 2.2.14
It may feel a bit more like winter this week, but that doesn’t mean San Francisco’s events are in hibernation! Take a look at some of our favorite events happening in our beloved city this weekend!
FEATURED EVENT | Southwest Chinese New Year Parade | Second and Market | 6-8pm | Ring in the year of the Horse with the largest Lunar New Year parade around! Starting at Second and Market, the parade will work its way up to San Francisco’s Chinatown where there will be a multitude of smaller events happening. We can’t wait to see the countless costumes as well as the 268’ Golden Dragon named “Gum Lung.”
1. SF Sketchfest| Multiple Locations |On Going until February 9th | Come out to San Francisco’s 13th annual sketchfest this year! It is a month long run of comedy locals and heavyweights with special shows around the city! This week we can’t wait for performances by Jon Glaser, Rashida Jones, Zack Galafanakis and many other great performers! Check out the schedule and come out for some laughs!
2. Noir City: 12th Annual Film Noir Festival | The Castro Theater |Thursday, January 30th- Sunday February 2nd | Come check out international, classic film noirs and the most popular Noir film festival around! This year, the focus is international films and with films like Hardly a Criminal, and Two Men in Manhattan they’ve called this the most expansive and ambitious program the festival has ever put on!
3. San Francisco Ballet: Giselle | War Memorial Opera House | All Weekend | The world renowned San Francisco Ballet opens 2014 with one of our favorites, Giselle. This 173 year old ballet is the story of a peasant girl with a passion for dancing. Come see the classical ballet this weekend and be taken away by the beautiful journey the story tells!
4. Lunar New Year Celebration|Asian Art Museum of San Francisco | Sunday, February 2nd | 10:30am | Come join the Asian Art Museum in celebrating the Year of the Horse with a multitude of family activities planned throughout the day! Listen to storytellers, create your own art work and even watch the famous Red Panda Acrobats! Admission is free for all ages!
5. San Francisco Giants FanFest | AT& T Park| Saturday, February 1st | 10am-3pm | Spring training is almost upon us, and we can’t wait for baseball season! Lucky for us, we don’t have to wait much longer since FanFest is this Saturday! Come watch Q&A sessions with coaches and players, walk the fields, dugouts and concourses while also potentially running into players current and former for some autographs and pictures! Admission is free for everyone!
With so many events, festivals and celebrations going on this weekend, how will you decide what makes the cut? Let us know what events you’ll be attending in the comments below, or on Facebook & Twitter!