Tag: Chinese Chamber of Commerce
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup 1.30.14 – 2.2.14
It may feel a bit more like winter this week, but that doesn’t mean San Francisco’s events are in hibernation! Take a look at some of our favorite events happening in our beloved city this weekend!
FEATURED EVENT | Southwest Chinese New Year Parade | Second and Market | 6-8pm | Ring in the year of the Horse with the largest Lunar New Year parade around! Starting at Second and Market, the parade will work its way up to San Francisco’s Chinatown where there will be a multitude of smaller events happening. We can’t wait to see the countless costumes as well as the 268’ Golden Dragon named “Gum Lung.”
1. SF Sketchfest| Multiple Locations |On Going until February 9th | Come out to San Francisco’s 13th annual sketchfest this year! It is a month long run of comedy locals and heavyweights with special shows around the city! This week we can’t wait for performances by Jon Glaser, Rashida Jones, Zack Galafanakis and many other great performers! Check out the schedule and come out for some laughs!
2. Noir City: 12th Annual Film Noir Festival | The Castro Theater |Thursday, January 30th- Sunday February 2nd | Come check out international, classic film noirs and the most popular Noir film festival around! This year, the focus is international films and with films like Hardly a Criminal, and Two Men in Manhattan they’ve called this the most expansive and ambitious program the festival has ever put on!
3. San Francisco Ballet: Giselle | War Memorial Opera House | All Weekend | The world renowned San Francisco Ballet opens 2014 with one of our favorites, Giselle. This 173 year old ballet is the story of a peasant girl with a passion for dancing. Come see the classical ballet this weekend and be taken away by the beautiful journey the story tells!
4. Lunar New Year Celebration|Asian Art Museum of San Francisco | Sunday, February 2nd | 10:30am | Come join the Asian Art Museum in celebrating the Year of the Horse with a multitude of family activities planned throughout the day! Listen to storytellers, create your own art work and even watch the famous Red Panda Acrobats! Admission is free for all ages!
5. San Francisco Giants FanFest | AT& T Park| Saturday, February 1st | 10am-3pm | Spring training is almost upon us, and we can’t wait for baseball season! Lucky for us, we don’t have to wait much longer since FanFest is this Saturday! Come watch Q&A sessions with coaches and players, walk the fields, dugouts and concourses while also potentially running into players current and former for some autographs and pictures! Admission is free for everyone!
With so many events, festivals and celebrations going on this weekend, how will you decide what makes the cut? Let us know what events you’ll be attending in the comments below, or on Facebook & Twitter!