July is already upon us and it’s almost the weekend! We hope you are just as excited as we are for Independence Day on Monday, and ABCey has you covered with all of your 4th of July events coming soon! Until then, make the most of your weekend and check out these fun Bay Area events!
Fri. July 1st – Mon. July 4th, 2016| 11am-11pm |prices vary| 4501 Pleasanton Ave. Pleasanton, CA
If you haven’t gone to the fair yet, GO! This fair is a must-see attraction for everyone! For kids, there is a children’s park, adventure park, petting zoo, ferris wheel, and carnival. Adults can be entertained with horse races, a beer garden, a wine bar, shopping areas, and live concerts. There are only 4 more days til’ the fair is over, so come check it out before it’s too late!
Sat July 2nd & Sun July 3rd, 2016 | 10am-6pm | FREE | Fillmore St.–Jackson to Eddy St, San Francisco
Enjoy two days of music, food, art, and fun at the Fillmore Jazz Festival! This festival takes over more than 12 blocks and has every kind of food and craft imaginable. With 32 years under its belt, this festival has become incredibly popular and the largest free jazz festival on the West Coast. Join the other 100,000 people who attend this event and jazz up your weekend!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 10am-12pm | FREE | Stow Lake, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
Experience nature this weekend and take a guided tour through Golden Gate Park. This guided tour is free and a perfect way to collect your thoughts while getting fit! With your own personal tour guide, you can learn all about the park, plants, and wildlife. So get out and enjoy the great outdoors with a nice stroll!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 7:30pm | FREE, RSVP for Early Entry Tickets | AT&T Park; 24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco
Mix things up this weekend by seeing a play…a free play! This Saturday, the San Francisco Opera is hosting a live simulcast and projecting their current play, Carmen, on AT&T Park’s huge video screen. You will definitely be entertained by Carmen, a femme fatale play with jealousy, danger, love and murder. Head out to the ball park to watch this captivating play and a special pre-show and intermission with the other 30,000 attendees!
Sun. July 3rd, 2016 | 11am-4pm | FREE | 103 Montgomery Street, Main Post, Presidio, San Francisco
This year, Off the Grid has revamped their picnic and food truck event held in Presidio Park. They now have over the 30 food and beverage trucks, free yoga classes, games, and music! You can also get clothes and accessories at their mobile shop, produce from their market, and help planning your next activity in San Francisco. There are also FREE shuttles, PresidiGo, that travel to Embarcadero BART, certain SF streets, MUNI, and around the park. Don’t miss the chance to relax on the grass field and enjoy great food and company!
Extra Event: Marin County Fair Fireworks and S’more Feast
Fri. July 1st, 2016 | 8:30pm – 10:00pm | FREE | McInnis Park: 310 Smith Ranch Road, San Rafael, CA
Because this weekend is so jam packed, we have one more event that will get you in the mood for July 4th! Friday at McInnis Park, park rangers will have yummy s’mores to eat right before you walk to the top of the Nike Site to watch the 9:30pm Marin County Fair fireworks show. Fireworks are always fun especially with s’mores and tomorrow you can get both for free!
With the weekend rapidly approaching, it’s time to start making plans! ABCey is proud to bring you the Weekend Lineup, a list of the free events we are most excited about this weekend.
1. Now And Zen Music Festival | Sunday, September 29 | Sharon Meadow, Golden Gate Park| Noon-5| For 15 years, Alice has been putting on a free, end of summer concert and gourmet food festival in Golden Gate Park. And we’re so excited that it’s finally back! This years headliners include the Go0 Go0 Dolls and One Republic, with other musical guests stars the Plain White T’s, Larking Poe, and Walk the Earth. The gates open at 11, and the music begins at noon. Make sure to get there early to ensure good seats!
2. Smithsonian Free Museum Day | Saturday, September 28 | All Day | Various Locations | On Saturday, 17 Smithsonian sponsored museums throughout the bay area will open their doors and offer admission for free! San Francisco locations include the de Young museum, the Legion of Honor, the Museum on Vision, the Chinese Historical Society of America, California Historical Society, and Cartoon Art Museum of California. The event is free, but make to sure to reserve your ticket in advance here.
3. Treasure Island Flea| Saturday, September 28 – Sunday, September 29 | All Day | Great Lawn, Treasure Island | “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.” This weekend, the theme of the flea market is kites! Bring a kite to fly, or make one at the market. And of course shop for eclectic, one of a kind items from dozens of different vendors.
4. Mobile Park Day | Saturday, September 28 | India Basin Shoreline Park | 11 a.m – 2 p.m | This one’s for the kids! Mobile Rec is San Francisco Parks and Recreations new program that encourages kids to “Get out and Play” both now, and for the rest of their lives. On Saturdays throughout the school year, equipment for such activities as rock climbing, skateboarding/BMX, disc golf, and sea kayaking are transported to different parks throughout the city. Kids can come and play, for free, and all equipment is provided. But of course participants are welcome to bring their own. (Please note that helmets are required during skateboarding and BMX activities.)
5. Glen Park Fall Carnival | Saturday, September 28 | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Glen Park School | Another one for the kids. Come to the Glen Park school carnival in celebration of the start of fall. There will be live music, tacos, baked goods, carnival games, a bounce house, and much more. All proceeds will benefit Glen Park school.