Tag: Cal Academy of Sciences
ABCey’s San Francisco Weekend Lineup: February 27th – March 1st
Are you wondering how to spend your upcoming weekend? This week ABCey’s weekend lineup let’s you know about the events that will get you laughing, sweating, and learning!
SF DOWNTOWN COMEDY THEATER
February 27th | 10 PM | 287 Ellis St. San Francisco | $10
Begin your weekend with some laughter at the SF Downtown Comedy Theater. Their 30 seat comedy theater is a warm and friendly place to enjoy some stand up comedy. While enjoying a fabulous night of entertainment you are also supporting a great cause. The SF Downtown Comedy Theater uses their talents as a fundraiser for Global Women Intact. Their BYOB policy allows this theater to be an affordable girls night out, or date, or celebration.
February 28th | 12-1 PM | San Francisco, CA | $15
It’s time to get out of the house and go play outside! Let the little kid who is wishing we still had recess play outside this weekend at Color Wars SF. TiltFit is offering a different type of workout this Saturday. Once you get there you’ll be placed on a team to compete in a series of challenges. This event is open to all skill levels, so don’t be shy! Bring a friend or ride solo to win the Color War!
THE MASQUERADE BALL
February 28th | 9-2 PM | San Francisco | $50
Time to bring out your masquerade mask and dance throughout the night! This Saturday the Payne Mansion is hosting the 6th annual Masquerade Ball. Come hide your desires and release your inhibitions at the ball. Join in for a night of mystery and find out everything that this event has to offer.
CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
Feb 27-March 1 | 10-5 PM | San Francisco | Free
This weekend the California Academy of Sciences is having free admission day for a few neighborhoods. If you live in Bernal Heights, Castro, Cole Valley, Glen Park, Haight, Lake Merced, Mission, Noe Valley, or St. Francis Wood this weekend you get the opportunity to experience the California Academy of Sciences for free. During your trip to the California Academy of Sciences you can engage in exhibits and shows. As well as looking at majestical live animals from around the world. Celebrate your weekend by learning new things from the California Academy of Sciences.
What will you do this weekend? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
ABCey’s Weekend LineUp: 8.07.14- 8.10.14
Whose ready to rage at Outside Lands this weekend?! Here at ABCey, we are getting ready for this music filled weekend. But don’t worry, for those of you who aren’t going we have some fun alternatives for you!
Featured Event: Outside Lands |Friday August 8th-Sunday August 10th| 12 pm-10 pm |Golden Gate Park| This is the place to be this weekend. Hundreds of thousands of music lovers flock to SF to jam to the tunes of their favorite bands and artists! Some performers include headliners Kanye West, Arctic Monkeys, Death Cab for Cutie, Tiesto and so many more! Tickets are sold out but you can head over to StubHub and find single day tickets (Warning: They are expensive)!
1. Outside Lands Night Show: The Killers |Saturday August 9th|10 pm| The Independent, 628 Divisadero St., San Francisco| Whether or not you are going to Outside Lands, you can catch some of the acts afterwards! The Killers on Saturday night will be performing at The Independent at 10pm. If you went to the festival all day and can’t seem to curb your music craving or weren’t able to get tickets to Outside Lands but really want to experience part of the magic, then go on Saturday night to see The Killers!
2. Outside Lands Beach Cleanup: |Aug 9th| 10 am| |Ocean Beach at Noriega & Great Highway| Help keep San Francisco beautiful this weekend by joining the Outside Lands clean-team pick up the beach! Refreshments will be provided by Devil’s Teeth Bakery and Noriega Produce and the cleaning supplies are supplied by Surfrider, San Franpsycho and Indosole. And, as if you needed another reason to go, festival gates are within walking distance!
3. T-Party Screen Scene: | Aug 10th| 11am-5pm| The Chapel, 777 Valencia Street SF| This pop-up shop is a unique, one-day event that is dedicated to locally-designed t-shirts and screen printing. Some of the vendors include The Girl and Rhino, Original Language, Oaklandish and The Loin SF. This is a must stop event to grab some of the most unique t-shirts in one of the most unique cities.
4. NightLife LIVE: Emerging Music & Art Paired With Science |Aug 7th| 6pm-10pm|The Cal Academy of Sciences| Check out rotating art installations while enjoying the music of neighboring Outside Lands. This is a perfect place to relax and enjoy great music accompanied with great art! So bring your friends out for a cultured night to wind down the work week! Tickets are only $12.
5. Deaf Louder: The Second Bay Area Deaf Dance Festival: |Aug 8th- 9th at 8pm| Aug 10th at 4pm| Dance Mission Theater, 3316 24th St, SF| Maybe you’re looking for something that will take you away from the Outside Lands craziness and want to experience something else this weekend. Deaf Louder features deaf dancers in an evening long showcase of contemporary dance and music. This dance festival is unlike any you’ve ever been too. Bringing out many emotions in the viewers, this is sure to be a great hit!
Will you be attending any of these awesome events?! Let us know if we missed any in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!