5 Fun Ways To Make Your 4th Of July Sparkle!
We hope you are all as excited as we are for one of the best holiday’s of the year…The 4th of July. With fireworks, food, family, friends and fun, honestly, what could be better?! We created a helpful guide to all things 4th of July, from amazing food and drink ideas to the newest apps inspired by Independence Day!
1. BOOZE: Rather than chugging a beer by the pool, take your barbeque or party to the next level with these 4th of July inspired jello shots from Brit+Co. And, for those wine lovers, be sure to check the Pineapple and Berry White Wine Cocktail by She Knows for some more fruity and patriotic drink ideas!
2. DESSERT: Here is one that everyone is sure to love, chocolate covered strawberries! The Sisters Cafe brings these yummy deserts to the next level. Instead of using milk or dark chocolate, opt for white instead and dip the end into blue sprinkles. The 4th of July means getting back to your American roots, and what better way to honor that than by getting a recipe from Betty Crocker to make the ultimate American flag cake?!
3. APPS: What is Independence Day without your favorite music blasting?! Check out Songza and the app creates a 4th of July playlist for you and your friends! And, give July 4th Fun, Facts and Trivia a try and be the hit of the party by knowing all about the roots of this important holiday!
4. FIREWORKS: All of the biggest shows such as Macys’ Fourth of July Fireworks will be streaming online. However, if you are lucky enough to see fireworks live, head over to one of the many destinations all over the city to celebrate this wonderful holiday! You can find the full list of places to go here!
5. PHOTOS: Check out the latest of the multi-media messaging systems, Cooliris’ BeamIt! This awesome app is basically Instagram, WhatsApp and Flipboard combined. If you want to share pictures but not have it take up most of your day, download BeamIt!
What are you going to do for Independence Day? Will you be making any of these yummy drinks or desserts, or try one of the fun apps? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or on Facebook or Twitter!
“A Party Without Cake Is Really Just A Meeting”
In the words of Julia Child, “a party without cake is really just a meeting,” and we couldn’t agree more. That why ABCey has decided to put together 10 of our favorite cake designs that you can use as inspiration for your next event!
1. Rice Krispie Cake | This is such an easy and fun cake for any event! Kids and adults alike will love this adorable cake!
2. Black Cake | Black is definitely an underrated cake color. We think it looks so classy and sleek! Your cake will be the center of attention.
3. Ombre Cake | This color shifting cake looks beautiful on display at any event and will be sure to catch guests eyes!
4. Cookie Cake | Who doesn’t like cookies? This cake will make every guest happy and tastes great paired with ice cream!
5. Sprinkle Cake | Can’t pick a color for your cake? Why not use them all with sprinkles! So simple and cute!
6. Simple & Natural Cake | We love the simplicity of this white cake with a few plants placed on top. There is definitely beauty in simplicity, and this cake proves that!
7. Candy Cake | Next time you make a cake, spice it up with adding candy on top! This one has Whoppers on top! Cute and tasty!
8. Metallic Cake | Since sequins don’t really work on cakes, this is definitely the next best option to add a little “bling” to your cake and event!
9. Sweet & Salty Cake | There’s something about sweet and salty that satisfies everybody’s taste buds. This one has bacon and peanuts on it! YUM!
And last but not least…
10. Pumpkin Cake | Tis’ the season! This super easy cake (two bundt cakes!) makes the perfect Fall party accessory!
Which cake is your favorite?! Let us know in a comment or on Facebook or Twitter! We might just have to try them all to give you our answer! Make sure to stay updated with ABCey for more event ideas and tech updates!