Weekend Lineup: 3.13.14 – 3.16.14
With the rough part of the week behind us, we’re already making weekend plans here at ABCey! From Pi Day to St. Patricks Day and everything in between- we’ve got you covered. Take a look at some of our top picks for the weekend! See you there!
FEATURED EVENT: LepreCon 2014 | Saturday March 15th | All Day | If there are two things San Francisco loves, it’s day drinking and crazy costumes. Imagine 1,000 people dressed like leprechauns, partying all day. Hailed as the spring SantaCon, Slone’s LepreCon is an open bar day party to dance and celebrate all things Irish. Come out and enjoy the fun, but don’t forget to buy your ticket here.
1. Pi Day | Friday, March 14th | Exploratorim | 10am-5pm | The 25th Annual Pi Day is one of the most irrational days of the year!! Come out and celebrate the irrational number and enjoy everything from a Pi Parade to real life servings of delicious Pi! And what makes it all the more sweet? Free admission for all on the most irrational of days!
2. IndieFest Roller Disco Party | Friday, March 14th | Women’s Building Auditorium | 8pm- Midnight | Beneath the spinning disco ball is a blur of furry boots, sparkly blue wigs, and rainbow tube tops as roller rink pros skate through a kaleidoscope of colored lights. For $10, you can join the costumed skaters gliding around the room as D. Miles Jr. spins tunes by funky favorites like Michael Jackson and James Brown. If your lucky, towards the end of the night, you might get to learn some moves from the pros!
3. Off The Grid | Friday, March 14th | Fort Mason Center | 5pm-11pm | The food trucks are back! Head over to the Fort Mason Center on Friday night for a gathering of some of the best food trucks around! Let your inner foodie pick and choose from a number of different trucks and cuisines and start your weekend off right!
4. Arbor Day Eco-Fair | Saturday March 15th | Ella Hill Hutch Community Center | 9am-noon | Show your love for the city and join the 40,000 people who already have volunteered over the past 13 years by participating in landscaping and gardening projects, painting over graffiti and cleaning up litter in the neighborhood. Activities include tree planting workshops, carnival games, a petting zoo and more! We love getting the city together to keep our home clean!
5. CAAMFest 2014 | Daily until March 23rd | Multiple Locations | After 30 years of being known as the San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival, the Center for Asian American Media’s annual all-things-media extravaganza is now entering its second big year under the phonetically pleasing name of CAAMFest. Taking place at multiple locations around the Bay Area there’s plenty of good stuff regardless of what side of the water you’re on.
What are your plans for the holiday weekend? Let us know in the comments section below, or on Facebook & Twitter!