It’s the freakin’ weekend! ABCey Events has the Weekend Lineup with a list of the top Bay Area Weekend events! If you’re too excited for Burning Man or looking to unplug we have events for you!
Saturday March 4 | 6pm – 2am | Tickets | Public Works | San Francisco
Can’t wait until Burning Man? SF Burnal Equinox features all the art, music and performances related to Burning Man! The theme is humor so be prepared to laugh and enjoy a truly magical experience!
Saturday March 4 | 9am – 1pm | RSVP | California Academy of Sciences | San Francisco
Celebrate National Day of Unplugging this Saturday and go on a bike ride adventure around San Francisco! Step away from your phone and take in the beautiful views our city has to offer in the 14 mile bike ride with stops at a relaxed pace!
Onesie Pub Crawl
Saturday March 4 | 6pm – 1am | Tickets | Fisherman’s Wharf | San Francisco
Who doesn’t love a themed pub crawl? Don’t stress about an outfit, throw on your comfiest onesies and head to Fisherman’s Wharf for $3 drinks for the world’s biggest onesie party!
Thursday is here and the weekend is near! ABCey Events has our Weekend Lineup with the top 5 Bay Area and SF events that you don’t want to miss!
Top 5 Bay Area/SF Events
Jump into the J-Pop world at this summit and discover Japanese tech, culture, music, food, and film! This huge event starts Friday with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu performing as part of their World Tour (tickets and info). Then prepare yourself for a jam packed summit Saturday and Sunday. You won’t run out of things do with with: meet and greets with J-Pop stars, live performances, tech tradeshow/sessions, fashion events, interactive Summit/Showcase, panel discussions, and workshops! If that isn’t enough for you, get excited for the amazing food trucks and vendors. Guys-they have a “Sake Summit”! Also throughout the weekend, head to the Japan Film Festival for exclusive live-action and animation films, appearances, and Q&A’s. So dress up if you’re feeling adventurous, and check out this top SF event!
Fri. July 22nd | 2pm – 5pm | FREE | China Basin Park, San Francisco
With this beautiful weather, why not get out there and enjoy the great outdoors-with bubble soccer! With an inflatable ball around your head and torso, you never have to worry about getting hurt! The San Francisco Deltas, an American Professional soccer team, invites everyone to come learn about their team, and if you arrive before 2:30pm you get a SF Deltas scarf free! Start your weekend off right this Friday and have lots of fun bouncing and rolling around!
Sat July 23rd | 6pm-on | $118 and up tickets here | 21+ event | Lodge at the Regency Center: 1290 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94109
Let the Mad Hatter be your host while you dine on an amazing feast and hangout with the cast of Alice and Wonderland! Get sucked into the magical wonderland, drink special elixirs and watch the characters and cirque, belly, and burlesque dancers perform for you. If the Cheshire Cat hasn’t hypnotized you enough, stay for dessert (extra purchase of tickets and dessert required). Now don’t be late for this very important date, jump down the rabbit hole this Saturday, and enjoy a unique experience you won’t forget!
Sat. July 22nd | 10am-2pm | FREE *Register here ASAP before Fri. July 22nd | 116 John Shelley Dr., Group Picnic Area
Want to be a pirate? Well now you can! Grab your family or a few pals, and go searching for a buried treasure throughout McLauren Park this Saturday. Not only will you find a treasure, but you can also get prizes, eat great food, get your face painted, do Zumba, and play on the mobile recreation (rock climbing, biking, skateboarding, and slack lining)! So come out, and find the buried treasure!
Sun July 24th | 10am-5pm | FREE*up to 2 adults accompanying each visitor 18&younger | 151 Third St., San Francisco
Come and explore the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art with your family! To showcase their sonic installation, a collaboration with Chris Kallymer, the museum is hosting a free day where you’ll hear from his Paradise Choir (12, 1, 2, and 3pm) and Site-Specific Performances of his work (11am-3pm). Hear their stunning sound throughout the museum and join in on their mobile choruses, performances, and workshops. With so much to do, what’s stopping you from this free museum trip?
According to Angela Montenegro, “the whole point of the week is the weekend.” And don’t worry, because it’s almost here! ABCey presents the Weekend Line-up, the five events we are most excited for this weekend!
1. Dew Tour |Friday October, 11th – Sunday, October 13th | 1:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. | Civic Center | The Dew Tour is back! Come watch some of the greatest young athletes of the day duke it out in a three day Skateboarding, BMX (biking), and FMX (motocross) contest. The event is free, and the action is endless.
2. Urban Air Market | Saturday, October 12th | 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Haight and Fillmore | Enjoy the last couple days of Indian Summer with over 130 indie designers and live music all day long. It’s a celebration of art, music, sustainable design, and community. We will definitely be there, so hopefully you will too!
3. Biketoberfest | Saturday, October 12th | 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Fair-Anselm Plaza, Fairfax | Biking and beer! Can it get much better than that? With 35 different brewers, a bike expo with 70 different exhibitors, group mountain and road bike rides, and four live bands, this event could not be
4. Transbay Fest | Saturday, October 12th| 6:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. | Dimenson 7 Studios | It’s a interactive expo with tech talks, in celebration of film, video, apps, games, and augmented reality. Listen to interesting lectures from some big tech gurus, and with two major performance sessions. Make sure to RSVP to secure your ticket. The event is free, but a donation from $5-$20 is suggested.
5. Italian Heritage Parade | Sunday, October 13th | 12:30 pm. | Fisherman’s Wharf to Washington Square | This is the cities oldest celebration of heritage, and the United State’s longest running Italian-American parade. It begins at 12:30 at Jefferson and Stockton in the Wharf and ends in Washington Square. Here, there will be a Ferrari car show, and activities for both kids and adults.