Tag: Beer Bottle Vases
DIY Event Decor & Gift Ideas
Summer is here and it’s time to DIY! The freedom to customize colors and create something all on your own is what we love most about crafting. This week, we’ve found five ideas that can be utilized as fun decor for events, or can be gifted to friends & family. The possibilities are endless with DIY projects, so channel your inner Martha Stewart and give these DIY’s a try!
1. Edible Flower Pot: This DIY project allows you to essentially have your flowers and eat them too! All you will need to create this jar is colored paper to create the flowers, and the ingredients for the chocolate yogurt and granola. The chocolate yogurt is made up of 12 ounces greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, and ½ teaspoon of almond extract. To top it off, the chocolate granola ingredients is 1 cup granola, 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil, 2 teaspoon of cocoa powder, ⅛ cup of chopped almonds, and ⅛ cup of coconut. This delicious idea was found on The House That Lars Built and can be used as a name card at parties or given as a gift to those with a sweet tooth!
2. Beer Bottle Vases: This colorful project was discovered on Brit + Co and puts an awesome twist on the ordinary flower vase! After peeling off the labels of the bottle, you will need spray paint (colors of your choice!), painter’s tape, and puff paint. Grab the tape to start creating designs and voila! Puff paint can be used to create dotted designs that pop out from the bottle. Make sure to let dry for about 30 minutes before spray painting. The finished product makes a beautiful vase for centerpieces or the perfect housewarming gift!
3. Chevron Cork Board: Wine corks have a great amount of versatility when it comes to DIY projects, so save them up! This project found on IKEA Hackers is a fun way to display pictures or information at an event. After gathering corks, you will need a drill frame, spray paint, foam core, cardboard, and a glue gun. Remove the glass and cut a piece of foam core to fit behind the cardboard oval. Prime and paint the frame with spray paint, then lay out the chevron pattern on cardboard. Using a hot glue gun, glue the corks in pattern and hang it up for display!
4. Lemon Boat Name Card: With it being summer right now, we couldn’t help but include these adorable name cards in our top picks for DIY projects! You will needs lemons (obviously!), toothpicks, and two types of printed paper to complete the sail boat. Cut the paper into curved half triangles and glue them to both sides of the tooth pick. Your guests are guaranteed to be impressed by your creation! This idea was found on Delightful Projects.
5. Hanging Garden: Ring in summer with this simple DIY hanging planter to add a splash of green indoors or outdoors! The step-by-step guide to this project was found on Design Sponge. To create the hanging garden you will need 2 square terra-cotta pots, 1 bundle of cotton clothesline cord (50 feet), 1 bundle of green cotton venetian-blind cord, 1 brass snap hook, and 8 to 16 wooden beads. Thread the clothesline and green cord through the snap hook and feed your cords through the draining holes in the pots. Flip the pot over and repeat the steps to add the second pot. Gather the excess rope and knot it at the bottom. Attach the beads to each cord, knotting below to secure in place. Once the pots are hanging, add your plants and display your vertical garden!
Will you be trying any of these DIY projects? Let us know your favorite one and share pictures of your completed creation with us in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!