Tag: Baker Beach Surf
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: 6.20.14 – 6.22.14
This weekend is looking to be a great one, all around the Bay Area! There are countless FREE opportunities to take advantage of to enjoy music, watch some soccer, and take in the beauty of San Francisco. At ABCey Events, we have put together a list of our favorite weekend picks! Give some love back to our community by participating in a beach clean up, or consider food & drink tasting at the Ferry Building to donate to sustainable agriculture! Whichever way you choose to spend your weekend, it is guaranteed to be a great one!
Featured Event: Alice’s Summerthing | Sunday, June 22nd | 12:00-5:00pm | Sharon Meadow, Golden Gate Park SF | This weekend is Alice @ 97.3’s annual FREE concert in the park featuring some awesome guests! Summerthing celebrates everything we love most about summer – live music, sun, fun, good vibes, food trucks and more! How lucky are we to live in such a beautiful city that holds free concerts on a regular basis?! This event is open to all ages and doors open at 10:30am so get on out there to celebrate this sunny weather.
1. International Surfing Day Party | Friday, June 20th | 4:00pm-8:00pm | Baker Beach SF, North Parking Lot | This event is open to all surfers & non-surfers and provides an opportunity to come together in celebration of our coastal beaches. In honor of International Surfing Day, San Francisco is organizing a beach cleanup to give something back to the oceans, waves, and beaches that give us all so much! Volunteers will be offered a picnic with BBQ & beverages after the clean-up. KITS Live 105 will provide the music all night to keep you grooving and is a guaranteed good time! Grab those garden gloves and meet us at the beach to show some TLC to our gorgeous beaches!
2. Summer Solstice Celebration in the Redwoods | Saturday, June 21st | 6:00pm-8:00am | SF Botanical Garden (1199 9th Ave.) | Join us in celebration of the longest day of the year! Participate in an age-old tradition of celebrating midsummer on the solstice, marking the astronomical beginning of summer. Enjoy two complimentary glasses of California wine and nibble on local cheeses while strolling through the 100-year-old Redwood grove. Explore the lush trails of woodland sorrel, wild ginger, and sword ferns. This is an excellent opportunity to ring in the summer season and meet new people in San Francisco! For members the entry fee is $20 and $30 for nonmembers.
3. USA vs. Portugal: 2014 World Cup Live Screening Outdoor Party | Sunday, June 22nd | All Day | Civic Center, SF | SF Recreation & Parks will once again be hosting live game screenings of select matches of the 2014 World Cup live from Brazil on a big screen (we’re told it’s 13 x 17) at Civic Center right in front of City Hall. This event will be filled with mini soccer games, youth skills clinics, face painting, and a photo booth with soccer props! The USA takes on Portugal at 3pm sharp and red, white & blue is highly recommended for attire! Show off your patriotism for our soccer team at this FREE event!
4. CUESA’s 4th Annual Summer Celebration | Sunday, June 22nd | 6:00pm-9:00pm | Ferry Building Farmers Market | Join CUESA (Center for Urban Education About Sustainable Agriculture) in kicking off the summer harvest (and solstice) in one delicious bite! All bites and sips will showcase farmers market produce at the peak of the summer season. Stroll the halls of the iconic Ferry Building while you enjoy unlimited food and drink at the themed tasting areas. Tickets are $125, $85 of which is a tax deductible donation. Proceeds from the night provide much-needed support for CUESA’s ongoing education initiatives, including free cooking demos, kitchen skill-building classes, the Schoolyard to Market youth entrepreneurship program, and sustainability scholarships for farmers. This is great opportunity to put your money to a great cause while enjoying the amazing cuisine of SF!
5. 10th Annual SF Pinot Days | Saturday, June 21st | 2:00pm-5:00pm | Metreon City View Room (135 4th St.) | If you love pinot noir this festival is meant for you! Pinot Days is a wine event that celebrates pinot noir in its many styles, ranging from modern to earthy to elegant. This festival celebrates the passionate people who make pinot noir and will influence you to explore new producers, find wines you love and can afford, and become a pinot devotee if you are not one already! The tasting festival open to the public is $75 and the VIP seminar & early entry tasting (12:00pm-5:00pm) is $125.
Will you be attending any of these events this weekend? Which ones?! Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!