#TechTuesday highlights the best and brightest ideas in the tech world. ABCey would like to recognize these up and coming technologies for their innovative ideas and impact on the event world! This Tuesday we are featuring Microsoft’s augmented and virtual reality lenses, HoloLens!
Ever ever wondered what technology would be like in the future? From the Internet to virtual reality, we have seen incredible technological advances that have had major impacts on the society. Now, companies like Microsoft are in the midst of bringing you high-definition holograms!
So go beyond the screen with Microsoft’s HoloLens! It is the first self-contained, holographic computer that lets you better visualize your digital content and work. With this device, you can see the finest details of your work in relation to the world around you. Furthermore, your event attendees with be impressed when you use these lenses to show your products and ideas!
How it works:
These lenses mix augmented and virtual reality and have stationary and moving holographic images . In addition, this tech uses gesture technology and voice recognition! You can navigate, open, select, drag, and place applications and holograms. Moreover, by simply gazing, you can move the cursor on this holographic computer. These lenses are so real that not only can you see the holograms, but you can also hear and locate it!
Although Microsoft hasn’t announced a release date yet, they have a developmental edition for purchase. By purchasing this HoloLens edition for $3,000, you can be part of the first group of developers to test out this amazing tech! So what are you waiting for? Join these companies like Skype, RoboRaid, and HoloStudio, who are already on board. Get a head start and use some of the most advanced tech of our time! Sign up for the demo here!
This developmental package includes:
- Microsoft HoloLens Development Edition
- Carrying Case
- Microfiber Cloth
- Micro-USB 2.0 cable
Bring your ideas to life with Microsoft HoloLens!
Why we love it:
Microsoft’s HoloLens adds an incredible element to our future events. As the first holographic computer, the device lets you showcase your ideas in 3D during meetings, conferences, trade shows, and many more. In addition, Microsoft has paired up with Skype. Thus, the lens can be used at virtual conferences and meetings. This allows you to better show your ideas by drawing on your screen. Then, your Skype contact can see your drawings!
In addition, you can use it as a form of entertainment for your event attendees. It will surely catch everyone’s attention! Attendees can use this device to go online, play games, and create their own holograms. When released, we believe that Microsoft’s HoloLens will, in no time, have a major impact on our world, especially the event industry!
Tech Tuesday highlights the best and brightest ideas in the tech world. ABCey would like to recognize these up and coming companies for their innovative ideas and ability to think outside the box!
If you’ve ever planned an event, then you can understand that it’s a massive undertaking. There are literally hundreds of things to organize, plan and create before the actual event. Here at ABCey, we’ve stumbled upon a new party planning app, Pro Party Planner that may help make this process a bit easier.
Regardless if you’ve ever planned a party or if you’re a professional, the Pro Party Planner App is an amazing tool. It helps keeps track of your guests, budget and logistics. Once an event is added, you can begin adding people to the guest list. The best part is you can add guests directly from your contact list or Facebook.
There are many other great features that come with this app such as a planning module that allows you to edit the menu, entertainment, and party favors. You can design a venue floor plan with drag-and-drop seating charts for attendees or delegate important tasks to your organizing team. There’s also a helpful party timeline that provides alerts and reminders as the event approaches and includes a unique Augmented Reality module that will let you visualize all your information directly on the location’s pictures!
With all these amazing features, it’s hard to believe this app only costs $4.99 at the Apple app store. Go ahead and give it a try! Leave us a comment below or on Facebook & Twitter. Tell us how this app worked for you!
According to Angela Montenegro, “the whole point of the week is the weekend.” And don’t worry, because it’s almost here! ABCey presents the Weekend Line-up, the five events we are most excited for this weekend!
1. Dew Tour |Friday October, 11th – Sunday, October 13th | 1:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. | Civic Center | The Dew Tour is back! Come watch some of the greatest young athletes of the day duke it out in a three day Skateboarding, BMX (biking), and FMX (motocross) contest. The event is free, and the action is endless.
2. Urban Air Market | Saturday, October 12th | 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Haight and Fillmore | Enjoy the last couple days of Indian Summer with over 130 indie designers and live music all day long. It’s a celebration of art, music, sustainable design, and community. We will definitely be there, so hopefully you will too!
3. Biketoberfest | Saturday, October 12th | 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Fair-Anselm Plaza, Fairfax | Biking and beer! Can it get much better than that? With 35 different brewers, a bike expo with 70 different exhibitors, group mountain and road bike rides, and four live bands, this event could not be
4. Transbay Fest | Saturday, October 12th| 6:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. | Dimenson 7 Studios | It’s a interactive expo with tech talks, in celebration of film, video, apps, games, and augmented reality. Listen to interesting lectures from some big tech gurus, and with two major performance sessions. Make sure to RSVP to secure your ticket. The event is free, but a donation from $5-$20 is suggested.
5. Italian Heritage Parade | Sunday, October 13th | 12:30 pm. | Fisherman’s Wharf to Washington Square | This is the cities oldest celebration of heritage, and the United State’s longest running Italian-American parade. It begins at 12:30 at Jefferson and Stockton in the Wharf and ends in Washington Square. Here, there will be a Ferrari car show, and activities for both kids and adults.