Happy 238th birthday to the US of A! The Fourth of July 2014 falls on a Friday, meaning we have more time than ever to celebrate our glorious country with a long weekend. ABCey did a little digging for the best events in the bay area this weekend, and we hope you like what we found. We can’t wait for the skies over San Franciscoto light up with amazingly brilliant fireworks!
Featured Event: 2014 Fourth of July at PIER 39 | Friday July 4th |12pm-12am| Pier 39| PIER 39 celebrates the fourth with fun for the whole family, featuring live entertainment by Mobility from the USAF Band of the Golden West and Tainted Love. The night finishes off with Fireworks at 9:30pm! Many companies offer cruises out onto the bay, but they are subject to availability so get your tickets early! There’s also so much Fourth of July energy in the Embarcadero neighborhood, so this event is the place to be! We can’t wait to see the Bay light up with spectacular color while celebrating with friends and family!
1. SF Giants versus St. Louis Cardinals | Thursday, July 3 | 12:45 pm | AT&T Park| What’s a better way to celebrate America than by jumpstarting the long weekend with America’s favourite pastime. This game marks the end of the three game series between the Giants and the Cardinals and is sure to impress….cause “its, one, two , three strikes you’re out at the old ball game!” Sit back and relax in your black and orange and watch the SF Giants take victory! Tickets start at $15.
2. 4th of July Party at the Parlor | Friday, July 4 |2pm – 2am| The Parlor | The Parlor hosts an all day party, followed by a night of great views of the SF fireworks show and live music from DJs Jason Everett and Tom Thump Spinning Top 40, Hip-Hop, Party Rock and Electronic Dance Music from 8pm-2am. The Parlor is the newest lounge and nightclub in San Francisco’s North Beach waterfront, they give this advice, “The Parlor says “If you’re interested in seeing the fireworks, this would be a great place to come to early, have a drink, use the bathroom, and have a place to roost before and after the fireworks while the other 200,000 in the area are hours from home and forced to pee in the bushes!” We’re sold!
3. IndepenDANCE Day by Heart Phoenix | Friday, July 4 |9:30pm – 4am| Mighty Nightclub | Rock you Independence Day with an all-star lineup through 3 sound areas in at this hidden gem of a nightclub in the SoMA district. Justin Jay from Los Angeles headlines this group of house music aficionados, also with David Hohme, Daniel Dubb. Disco Knights and more, so get your tickets early and dance the night away to celebrate America! Tickets start at $10.
4. Strategik Breakbeat BBQ | Saturday, July 5 |11am – 7pm| 3549 Novato Blvd | The Strategik crew brings you a BBQ of beats and eats at Stafford Lake this Saturday. The event is basically a giant day party of amazing soundtracks, beers and burgers brought to you with many different artists bringing different flavors of music to the picnic! Performers include Mo Corelone, Eric Riggsbee, and Strategik regulars: Influence, Rockit, Dragn’fly, and ECQ. $10 per car.
5. Filmore Jazz Festival | Saturday and Sunday, July 5 and 6| 10am-6pm| Filmore Street between Jackson and Eddy | Spend this weekend celebrating the “women of jazz and beyond”, the rising stars and established female artists of Jazz, on three stages of music, with 12 blocs of arts, and food. There are many featured artists from the bay area to blow you away with their talent. Don’t miss this cultural event in SF this weekend!
Relax, it’s almost the weekend! To help get you through the next couple of days, ABCey presents you with the weekend lineup: the 5 FREE San Francisco events we are most excited about this weekend.
1. Polk Street Blues Festival | Saturday and Sunday, September 21-22 | 10 a.m – 6 p.m | Polk Street between Pacific and Union | As the only free blues festival in the city, the Polk Street Blues Festival is a celebration of music, food, and friends. Come out for live entertainment, gourmet food trucks, and art made by local artists. Let’s help make this one of the best free blues festivals in the nation!
2. America’s Cup Finals | Saturday, September 21st | 1:10 p.m. | Pier 27 and 29 | The long anticipated finals are FINALLY here! Watch America and New Zealand duke it out live in the final race this weekend. Make sure to get there early, because everyone is going to want a piece of the action and it will be crowded. We’re rooting for ya, U.S.A.
3. Dance Party Flash Mob | Sunday, September 22nd | 2:30 p.m. | Powell Street, in from of WestField Mall | At ABCey we LOVE to dance, and therefore we are partial to anything that requires it! The dance is not choreographed, so just come in a costume of your choice and be ready to show off your moves.
4. Midnight Mystery Ride | Saturday, September 21st | Midnight | Mystery Location | Meet first at a local bar, and once the clock strikes midnight the ride begins! Destination: unknown. But we can guarantee that it will be awesome. Make sure to bring snacks and drinks to share once the final destination is reached. All levels of riders are welcome, and rain or shine, the ride must go on! Check out the Midnight Mystery Ride website the day of the event for destination information.
5. Tour de Fat | Saturday, September 21st, | 11 a.m – 5 p. m | Lindley Meadow, Golden Gate Park | Bike mayhem, booze, food, and music. What could be better? The bike parade begins at 11, and the drinking and live entertainment at noon (it’s 5 o’clock somewhere, right?)