HANDS AND HEARTS ACROSS AMERICA
Like many of you who are struggling to make sense of this election, we have been searching for organizations to get involved with that are for the greater good. ABCey is super excited to take part in an amazing grassroots movement, Hands And Hearts Across America. And, it will be happening all over the nation on Inauguration Day, January 20th, 2017!
The app will be available soon, and we’ll be sure to share it when it’s ready. Hands And Hearts Across America just won the audience vote for their app development at Dave McClure‘s 500 Startups Reboot Democracy Hackathon!!!!!!!!! And let’s be honest, we’re going to need to do a lot of hand holding on the 20th and likely for the next 4 (gasp) years!
Inspired by the 1986 Hands Across America, Hands And Hearts Across America will connect humanity through modern technology united in the bi-partisan shared common values of Kindness, Respect and Inclusion.
At Noon EST on Inauguration Day, local grassroots organizers will unite unbroken connections of hands in their communities with the help of the Hands & Hearts app. As participants gather in all 50 states around major US landmarks, bodies of water, schools, homes and offices, a powerful message through social media is sent to our children, Washington and the world of our shared core decent values.
Millions of dollars will be raised with 100% of all donations going directly to charities selected by the individual participants. After Hands And Hearts, local organizers now have captured local action groups and are encouraged to continue good works within these grassroots groups.
HOW IT WORKS:
Hands And Hearts Across America provides the tools for anyone to become a local organizer and to quickly create and share their own connection to this historic event. Through the Hands And Hearts app, a participant can choose a local location or landmark.
The app will automatically start a Hands And Hearts chain which can grow as more participants are added. Each participant can share with friends and family their location in the chain encouraging others to join, allowing for greater organic growth. Chains can be as small as two people or grow to tens of thousands.
EXAMPLES OF LOCATIONS:
Hands And Hearts around Central Park in Manhattan, Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in Washington DC, Gateway Arch of St. Louis, the San Francisco Bay, or just a family of four in front of their home in Alaska.
REFERENCE: Hands Across America 1986
Want to get involved? Become a local organizer? Leave us a comment below, or on our Facebook and Twitter. To contact Hands And Hearts America call 949.967.1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Another week has come and gone and, before you know it, it’s time to plan for the weekend! Keep your calendar full by walking for the greater good, schmoozing with your fellow winos, and keeping an eye out for the next big tech innovations! Enjoy the week ahead with ABCey and our top event picks.
1. Silicon Valley Innovation Summit | July 23rd-24th, 2013 | Computer History Museum, Mountain View, Ca |The tech industry’s top entrepreneurs, corporate players, innovators, and investors come together under one roof for two days all in the name of technology! Get ready for rousing debates and discourse on entertainment, digital media, cloud technology, and more. The summit is exclusive in order to retain an intimate, connection-based atmosphere- we hope you’re lucky enough to score a seat!
2. AIDS Walk San Francisco | July 21st, 2013 | 9:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.| Sharon Meadow, Golden Gate Park | You’ve seen hundreds of ads around the city for months and the big day is finally here! It’s time to support and give back to the community in a fun, active way with a beautiful walk through Golden Gate Park. Every penny of the $1.7 million dollars raised so far (and rising!) goes directly to San Francisco-based charities that support AIDS victims and research.
3. Winestock | July 20th-21st, 2013 | Firehouse 8 | For all you oenologists out there, bring your tasting glasses and get ready to taste over 100 different wines! Celebrate Napa Valley’s prosperous wine industry with a weekend in the company of winemakers, local artisans, and foodies galore. Don’t forget to attend one of the master classes, like the ones on sparkling wines or 3-course tasting menus!
4. 500 Startups Demo Day | July 24th- 25th, 2013 | Demo Day is the first glimpse into the major players that will participate in 500 Startups, a series of events to fund early-stage companies. Although this event is mainly for serious investors and the 500 Startups participants, keep an eye on this one! Something tells us big things will be happening here.
5. Industry Night with the SF Giants | July 24th, 2013 | 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. | 24 Willie Mays Plaza | In addition to seeing the Giants kill the Cincinnati Reds, attend Industry Night for an early pre-game! A full bar and local DJ talents are sure to get you excited to cheer on your Giants. Plus, you get some sick free Giants headphones!
Featured Event: Wanderlust!
Wanderlust Festival |July 18th-21st, 2013 | Squaw Valley, Ca | Are you ready to find your true North? This four-day festival celebrating yoga, music, and nature is the place to be for those seeking peace of mind and holistic wellbeing! Between the massages, wide selection of yoga classes, and hikes in the picturesque wilderness, you”ll never want to leave.