Tag: 3-d projection mapping
ABCey’s Top 10 Trends in Projection Mapping & Lighting
New trends in projection mapping & lighting make events immersive and interactive for any sized audience! From lasers, to 3D projection mapping, to motorized lights, these trends will blow your mind and create a memorable event that your guests will never forget!
1. Motorized Lighting Structures
No matter how big your event is, Motorized lights are a great way to involve your whole audience and make them feel closer to the center of the event! These funky and fun lights will bring your event to the next level!
Lasers will enhance any event! They have the ability to sync with your music, be programmed to draw shapes, project basic images on surfaces, and extend across your entire audience! Who wouldn’t want lasers at their event?
3. LED Beam/Spots
Whether it is a corporate event or a night out with friends, LED beam/spot lights make the experience colorful and fun! LED Beams/Spots are immersive lights that are placed on a beam and then programmed with colors, positions, cues, and patterned motions. These dynamic lights bring the room to life!
4. 3D Projection Mapping
3D projection maps are a must have at every event! The projection maps light onto 3D objects to bring them to life as engaging displays. These extraordinary displays make a great fit for reveals, brand launches, all kinds of presentations, concerts, entertainment events and corporate events! Not to mention, they’re fun and cool to look at!
5. Sports Arena Projection Mapping & Lighting
Make any sports game more interactive and fun by adding projection lighting! Use these lights to entice more people to buy tickets and boost sales! Projection lighting can be used after a goal is scored, an exciting half-time show and so much more!
6. Hologram Videos
Spinifex Group created an awesome hologram videohfor Buick Shanghai Auto Show! Hologram videos are a great feature for all kinds of events!
7. Interactive Projection Mapping
Interactive projection mapping is the perfect addition to any event! This new technology is the best way to get guest’s feedback as well as engage with your audience!
TDC presents the newest updates in projection fabrics: GostMesh! This incredible new technology combined with projection allows for a one of a kind experience. GostMESH creates bright moving images that are sure to make your event venue pop!
9. Architectural Video Mapping
Make your next event an experience your guests will never forget! Architectural video mapping will make your event an out of this world experience by transforming the event venue into absolutely anything you want!
10. Neon Black Lights
Neon UV Black lights makes any event venue extraordinary! Turn your bland ordinary event space into a funky glow in the dark black light party!
How would you use this new and exciting technology to improve your event? What’re your favorite trends in projection mapping & lighting? Let us know on Facebook and Twitter?
Tech Tuesday: A Lesson In Bright Lighting Trends
Tech Tuesday highlights the best and brightest ideas in the tech world. ABCey would like to recognize these up and coming technologies for their innovative ideas and impact on the event world!
Event planners aim to pull your ideas together and create the perfect atmosphere. Event lighting can be a cost-effective and versatile solution when you are looking to transform your venue from drab to fab with rich beautiful color! In recent years, event lighting has advanced miles by utilizing wireless Light Emitting Diodes (LED). LED has been around for a long time but now, they are more affordable than ever thanks to efficient manufacturing technology. There are many options out there, but we have compiled highlights of some of the newest tech and trends in Lighting
1. LED lights: These are commonly used and are the backbone to event decor for up-lighting along the walls, or pinspotting buffets, spotlights, etc. Eco-Shift Power announced earlier this week its revolutionary highbay LED fixture, the most energy efficient LED fixture on the market with increased strength to powerfully light any area. These wireless lights are battery powered and remote controlled, removing the hassle of hidden wires or tripped-over tape trails. LED lights come in every color under the rainbow and can be combined to perfectly match event colors. These lights are also eco-friendly, which we always love!
2. Intelligent Lighting: This is the next step up from standard wall or overhead lighting and can make your event come to life by using the most up to date technology, moving heads and scanners. Movings heads are lights that have the ability to change colors and patters. They offer more movement in the head than scanners do, but scanners feature a moving mirror that can project patterns and colors through the room. Moving lights are great to match a beat or spark the audience’s interest.
3. Gobo’s: Another tech we have fun with at events utilizing gobos, a pattern cut out that fits over the light, and adds visual interest and depth to the lighting design because any image can be transformed into lighted wall art. Try plastic gobo’s, a welcome diversion from bank-breaking glass or steel gobos, previously the only material of gobo that allowed for a full spectrum of color.
4. RGB Lighting: We love what 3form is doing with RGB lighting technology. The company uses translucent materials to create color lighted walls and sections, which can be utilized to make subtle ambience or bright statements.
5. 3-D Projection Mapping: Last, and certainly not least (actually our favorite) is 3-d projection mapping, featured recently on CNN for spectacular video projections. Projection mapping uses a projector to map light onto ANY surface, instead of traditional uses that limit the images to a flat screen. This allows everyday images to turn into a 3-d display. In the event world, planners use this to showcase products, decorate and turn free space into an interactive, fascinating display!
ABCey utilized 3-d projection mapping at one of our most recent events, Guardians of the Galaxy for FireEye. It allowed us to project cyborgs onto mannequin bodies with different guests faces! It turned out really cool, and the attendees loved it! There are so many innovative applications of 3-d projection mapping, and it is sure to be a hit at any event!
Have you started using the newest lighting technologies at your events? What ideas do you have for projection mapping? Let us know what you think in the comments below or on Facebook or Twitter!