Tag: 20Mission Bitcoin Art Show & Meetup
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: 3.6.14 – 3.9.14
We can’t believe it’s already time to figure out our weekend plans! There are tons of unique events taking place in the Bay area, from Mardi Gras celebrations to music festivals and much more! Here are our top picks for the days ahead.
FEATURED EVENT | French Quarter Jack Daniels Mardi Gras Party | Supperclub | Friday, March 6th | 10pm| Become part of our Mardi Gras Mystic SOCIETY and celebrate! Dress up, eat, drink, and dance! There will be complimentary Jack Daniels tasting, a food tasting station, Jack Daniels VIP Bottle Service & Bar Specials, and Jack Daniels party favors. SF Club Hits will be playing all night long, and there will also be an aerial performance! The dress code is cocktail dresses for ladies, and men must be in collared shirts. No flip flops, hats, athletic attire, sweats, baggy jeans or shorts will be allowed.
1. The Time is Now – 20Mission Bitcoin Art Show & Meetup | 20Mission | Thursday, March 6th | 7pm Bitcoin inspires individuals around the world and certainly can spark creativity. On Thursday, March 6, 20Mission will host the first ever Bitcoin Inspired Art Show entitled, “The Time is Now”. As Bitcoin truly prompts individuals to rethink finances and the future of our financial system, now this innovative technology has also inspired artists. Bitcoin Magazine was pleased to learn of this event.
2. YMCA of San Francisco’s Third Annual Y for Youth Luncheon: Fire Up the Startups| Yerba Buena Center for the Arts | Friday, March 7th | 12pm |Because no start-up has more potential than our youth, the YMCA of San Francisco is pleased to offer opportunities to be a part of the next big thing at the 3rd annual Y For Youth Luncheon: Fire Up the StartUps, on Friday, March 7 at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. Join more than 400 corporate, philanthropic and community leaders who are investing in the community through their support of the YMCA of San Francisco, which serves 10,000 youth in SF, San Mateo and Marin counties every day.
3. The Art of Graffiti: “Letter Stylez” Workshop | 1AM Gallery | Saturday, March 8th | 12:30pm | Taught by the one and only Opaque, this class will cover a slideshow on various styles of graffiti lettering, a drawing lesson, and finally, piecing together your own letter style to go home with. In addition, the class comes with a complimentary KRINK paint marker. Get your ticket for the workshop here!
4. Nick Waterhouse, Boogaloo Assasins | Great American Music Hall | Saturday, March 8th | 8pm| Nick Waterhouse at just 25 is the New Breed – An R&B fanatic who combines an uncanny old-school sensibility with a charged, contemporary style. For Waterhouse, his muse is the over-modulated sound of vintage R&B, and his take on such a time-honored tradition evokes the back-alley thrill of New Orleans, Detroit and Memphis in their heyday. He combines an astute attention to detail with an honest desire to match the emotional impact of the music that inspires him.
5. Wes Anderson in 35mm | Roxie Theater | Saturday, March 8th | In anticipation for The Grand Budapest Hotel, the latest film from classic rock aficionado and saviour of Latin, Wes Anderson, San Francisco’s Roxie Theater will be hosting a retrospective of his filmography. Not only will every film be screened in 35mm — fitting for the retro-inspired director — but every ticket buyer for any screening is automatically enrolled in the Zissou Society Members which affords each member a ticket to a sneak preview of a new film on March 13th.
With so many great events to choose from, which ones stood out?! How do you plan to spend the weekend? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!