The world of event planning is constantly changing, moving with the ebb and flow of social media, pop culture and fashion. We’ve been scoping out the blogs, the feeds and the social media sites to answer one burning question: What are the hottest themes of 2014? We’ve found a couple of our favorites, and from what we can tell -it’s going to be a fun year!
1. Bold and Bright: Don’t be afraid to go big this year. Bright colors and patterns seem to be what’s popping up everywhere! It’s such a fantastic way to set the tone of your event and welcome your guests!
2. Modern Rustic: With the welcome addition of Pinterest to the social media world, rustic crafts and themes became prevalent last year. This year, the goal is to ‘step up our game’ by maturing the rustic theme and bringing it into the modern era. Try mixing and matching rustic pieces with more modern and sleek looks to create a perfect blend of old and new.
3. Great Gatsby: The Great Gatsby is continuing its dominance from 2013 and rolling into the new year with a vengeance. Flappers, bourbon and flamboyance is what make any Gatsby party great. We love the elegance that goes with this theme, but what we absolutely adore is the fashion!
4. French Garden Party: Ever since we saw the SAG awards party with its Parisian Greenhouse theme we’ve been hoping for it to take off! Such a stunning, live theme with endless possibilities in scale, decor and applicability!
5. Radiant Orchid: Run with the Pantone color of 2014! Center your party around this classy, shining color! Imagine mixing and matching it with tones and textures to create a beautiful, mature atmosphere around any event! We haven’t been able to get enough of this color at ABCey and can’t wait to mix and match shades and textures of it to create a vibrant, modern mood.