At ABCey Events, we live this town – we know this town. The 49 square miles of San Francisco offers a prolific market for shops, parks, restuarants, bars, and more! We know each block, each view, each hidden secret spot and pride ourselves on our knowledge of what’s cool, new, and innovative. With the summer months ahead of us, there is no reason not to branch out and experience new cuisine in the city we love so very much! Consider these top five picks for places to wine & dine or host your next get together with friends & family!
1. Dirty Habit & Bar (12 4th Street): This edgy, sultry bar-centric restaurant is a new hideaway in San Francisco’s Hotel Palomar for those seeking an innovative & sociable drinking and dining atmosphere. The menu is comprised of many shareable, seasonal items that can be enjoyed on the fully heated outdoor patio. Yes, SF another outdoor patio has arrived!
2. The Commissary (101 Montgomery Street – Presidio): The Commissary, the new project from Traci des Jardins (Jardiniére, Mijita, Public House) is a brand new restaurant located in the heart of the Presidio and features Spanish-influenced California cuisine. Driven by sustainable and locally-sourced ingredients, the restaurant offers a mercantile with artisan goods, from batched jam to local cheeses. The restaurant is also equipped with large windows in which guests can look out onto the Main Post Lawn while enjoying a bottle of wine. This location is a unique setting for date night or catching up with friends!
3. Chino (3198 16th Street): The team behind Tacolicious has advanced beyond Mexican food with the opening of Chino, a new Chinese restaurant. The menu spans cultures, drawing in Chinese, Filipino, Korean, and American influences and similar to Tacolicious, this restaurant offers a fun, casual party vibe. The menu of this quirky-cool asian restaurant includes pot stickers, pork buns, three kinds of fried rice, and plenty of noodle options. Nothing on the menu is over $11, making it the perfect spot for a quick snack & drink at the bar or for groups to share a bunch of different plates!
4. Bartlett Hall (242 O’Farrell Street): Located in Union Square, complete with a brewery in the back and a large bar behind the front lounge, Bartlett Hall prides itself on quality, comfort, and craft. This restaurant and bar captures the essence of San Francisco in the form of food, drink, and good times, where guests can sip barrel-aged cocktails, house-brewed beers, and enjoy exclusively crafted bites from lunch to late night (open till 2am!). The menu features approachable, elevated tavern fare with items such as a butter burger and black garlic prawns. Bartlett Hall seems like the ultimate casual eatery to grab a drink & a bite to eat after a long day of shopping in Union Square!
5. Gaspar Brasserie (185 Sutter Street): This French restaurant is reminiscent of a Parisian brasserie with modern mid-20th century flair. There is an intimate bar and banquettes downstairs, as well as a dining room and a long bar upstairs. Located in the Financial District, Gaspar is an exciting complement to the bustling area while offering a dynamic shift in the city’s landscape of restaurants. Gaspar’s cuisine includes popular entrees such as wild king salmon and a stripped bass & scallop duo. With it’s location near the Montgomery BART stop, this restaurant is a prime meet-up location for a workday lunch or an evening rendezvous!
Which of these restaurants will you be trying? Are you excited for another outdoor patio just in time for summer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!