July has flown by and it’s time to start preparing ourselves for August! We can’t believe how fast this month went by, and ABCey Events is here to help you make the most of the last weekend in July with a list of our fave SF Weekend Events going on!
Friday-Sunday, 7/29-7/31 | 6:30 pm | $75 |44 Tehama St. San Francisco
Startup gurus- it’s time to block out your calendars for this weekend’s Entertainment for Social Change Startup Weekend! Bring your ideas from all different backgrounds, pitch ideas, and create teams to develop solutions to social issues. Some of Bay Area’s top mentors will be in attendance to add guidance to you and your co-founders. Then, you and your team will pitch your ideas to judges over the course of 54- hours. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to network, connect and learn with talented influencers from around the Bay Area! This is your chance to be a part of/be the start of Silicon Valley’s next big venture! You can register for this event here.
Saturday 7/30/16 | 11am- 9pm | $5 | 601 Mission Bay Boulevard North, San Francisco
Is there really a better way to celebrate the weekend than by consuming endless amounts of Mac and Cheese? This is one of those awesome SF weekend events that has a line up of amazing food! There are over 10 mind blowing mac and cheese food trucks, ready to serve up deliciousness that will leave your taste buds amazed. Make sure to try as many as you can, as you will be able to vote for your fave! With only a $5 general admission, you’ll get free beer will be served as well as and free water all day long! Looking to make the most out of this event? Upgrade your ticket to the Big Cheese Passport for just $20 in advance ($25 at the door) and indulge in 4 heaping mac and cheese samples from any vendor! You don’t want to miss out on this oh so cheesy event!
Sat-Sun, 7/30-7/31 | 10am-6pm | FREE | Cesar E. Chavez Park at the Berkeley Marina
Nothing screams summer quite like kites! The Berkeley Kite Festival this weekend allows fun for all ages (or something similar), so if you’re thinking you are too old for kites…think again! This festival features soaring kites the size of houses soaring in the sky, free kite flying lessons, and tons of great food and drinks to indulge in. This fun, free festival is the perfect way to spend your last weekend of July!
Friday, 7/29 | 9:30pm-1:30am | $15 | AURA NIGHTCLUB – 389 S. First Street, San Jose
Ready for some all night colorful fun? Then this is the party for you! This Color Splash event will be full of colorful paint blast, lasers, awesome lighting, confetti canons, and large visual LED panels. There will also be a live body painting showcase, plus go-go dancers in full body paint! Buy tickets to this one of a kind party here.
Friday 7/29 | 6pm-9pm | 1300 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco | $20
Calling all SF wine lovers! This Friday, The Ivy Society and Three Day Rule are teaming up for one epic summer wine night at Eristavi Winery. Unwind from your work week with this luxurious wine event where complimentary bread and cheese boards will also be served to help you fully enjoy the amazing wines. Plus, this event is offering its very own Lyft code to ensure you get to and from the event safely! Use the code: LYFT2SUMMERWINE for 20% off your rides to and from the event. You can purchase tickets for the event here.
So grab your fav pals and enjoy these wonderful SF Weekend events together!
ABCey Events knows how important sustainability practices are- so here, green is the new black! We’re sharing our top 5 favorite sustainability tips for you to try at your next event!
1) Go Mobile
It’s time to ditch those age old paper programs at your next event and go mobile instead! Create an app for your event that will still provide all the same helpful info about your event, but is environmentally friendly. You’re now sustainable AND showing people how tech savvy you are! There are tons of websites to help create your own app, but our favorite is AppMachine!
2) Eliminate Waste
Forgo the paper plates and plastic utensils at your next event and try using chic reusable plates and silverware instead. Not only will you reduce the amount of waste produced, but it will also amp up the level of quality of your event! Not ready to bite the bullet yet in purchasing reusable china? Try out these eco friendly wooden options instead!
3) Be Selective
It is important to remember that where you choose to host your event matters! Try to choose locations that are LEED certified with sustainability initiatives already in place. One of our favorite green venues in SF is The Hall, which provides all locally produced food and beverages!
4) Consider The Timing Of Your Event
If possible, hold your event during the day to save on energy required by artificial lighting. If it’s unavoidable, try using LED lighting instead- using LED lights can help reduce your carbon foot print up to 70%! Just because it’s energy efficient lighting, doesn’t mean it has to be boring. You can have almost all the same lighting effects using LED as you would with normal lighting, so there is no reason not to make the switch!
5) Sustainability in Spirits
As if you needed another reason to love happy hour… what if all your favorite drinks were now locally grown, organic, and made with seasonable products? Now they can be! By making a few simple changes, your happy hour just became a whole lot more sustainable. Add a whole new element to cocktail hour at your next event, and show your attendees how easy it is to go green!
It’s hard to believe we are already half way through July, where has the time gone? ABCey Events is here to help you make the most of what is left of July with our Weekend Event Lineup!
No Plans this Saturday? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! This awesome event is the newest type of convention that celebrates all things glow! This one part convention, one part party is one day that will be entirely lit. During the day you have the opportunity to listen to LED talks that discuss the future of glow. DJ’s will be playing through the night while performers like Dance, Flow, and Saber Battle entertain you until dawn! Dancing not your thing-not to worry, this event has something for everyone! Check out some of the latest virtual reality and 3D light projection inventions instead! You don’t want to miss out on this event, so don’t forget to preregister here for the best price!
2) Shape Tech Expo 2016: Jared Leto, Nate Silver & Silversun Pickups | AT&T Park| Sat. 7/16/16 | All Day | FREE
Calling all SF techies- this event is for you! Come out to the beautiful AT&T Park this Saturday where you can browse over 50 tech exhibits, explore smart cities, robots,virtual reality, and artificial intelligence. You will also have the opportunity to listen to Jared Leto and Nate Silver discuss their visions on what might be in hold for the future! There will be a Saturday Night concert with the Silversun Pickups you don’t want to miss!
Who doesn’t love a good outdoor party…especially one in the beautiful Dolores Park! Its time to celebrate the best day of the weekend with some fun under the sun. So grab a few of your pals and come out this Saturday for an all day awesome party!
With Pokemon Go being the new fad sweeping the nation, why not meet up with other Pokemoner’s this Saturday? Head out to The Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant for a fun day full of Pokemon Hunting! If you gotta’ catch em’ all-this is the event for you!
This just might be the best event we’ve seen all summer! No better way to close out the weekend than with an all day ice cream festival-right? There will be over 15 Ice Cream vendors to serve up the frozen treat just the way you like it. And no worries, you can dance off your sugar rush with DJ Dysco Lyft, who will be spinning at the event! The first 200 people to RSVP here will receive FREE admission-so don’t wait! This is one festival you don’t want to miss!
The 4th of July is just around the corner, which means it’s time for grilling out, chilling out, and celebrating one of the best days of the year! ABCey Events has 5 easy DIY ideas to get you party ready for the upcoming holiday weekend.
1) Center pieces are a necessity to make any great theme party shine. Nothing screams summer quite like a mason jar does, so these easy to make, adorable center pieces are sure to make your party sparkle for the 4th! Check out how to make them here.
2) Extra bottles laying around? We have your solution! This DIY is super easy and will no doubt give your 4th of July party the extra pop you’ve been looking for. Using wine bottles for a decoration? No complaints here! Be sure to find out how to make these adorable center pieces here.
3) Make sure that your guests feel welcome upon arrival with these festive wreaths to hang on your front door! These are inexpensive to make and only require 3 materials- talk about an ideal DIY! You can find out how to make these here.
4) Burlap wreath not your style? No worries- we’ve got back up options to make sure your guests are greeted in style at your front door. These awesome patriotic wreaths are easy to make and oh so chic! Don’t miss out on this great door dec, find out to make these here.
4th of July Photo Backdrop
5) ABCey knows no party is complete without that perfect Instagram picture. This simple DIY scrap flag is the ideal backdrop for guests to take photos at your 4th of July party! What better way to celebrate the 4th than by taking fun, festive photos with your pals? Read more on how to make these here!
6) Kites are a true symbol of summer time and can take anyone back to their childhood. This easy DIY kite garland is guaranteed to spruce up your wall space at your 4th of July get together! See here to find out how to make these kites the star of your party!
7) If you need to primp up those white walls before you host your 4th of July party this weekend, these will definitely do the trick! This American flag painted window is the extra festive touch you need to make sure your July 4th party is one to remember. Check out how to make these here!
Festive Table Decorations
8) Need some extra 4th of July table decor for your event? These simplistic and festive signs add some patriotic pride to your upcoming independence day party! Find out to to make these here.
9) Nothing says festive fun quite like these darling red, white and blue inspired pin wheels! These are perfect for adding a little extra flare to your snack tables for the 4th. You can find out how to make these simple decorations here!
4th of July Luminaries
10) Light up your 4th of july party with these adorable patriotic luminaries! This DIY is super simple and uses recycled jars as the main material- easy and green! Don’t miss out on the chance to illuminate your party, and find out how to do these here!
Summer has finally arrived! What better way to celebrate than by getting out and enjoying the beautiful Bay Area? ABCey Events has got you covered with what’s going on this weekend!
Friday June 24th | 5:00pm-8:45 pm | de Young Museum | FREE
Dance your way into the weekend with this dance-off hip-hop themed event happening at the de Young Museum Friday night starting at 5pm. In addition to showing off your best moves, the observation tower will be open until 8pm to see spectacular views of San Francisco. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to show everyone the hip hop guru you really are!
Saturday June 25th, Noon-6pm | Sunday June 26th 10:30am-6pm | Civic Center Plaza & along Market St. | FREE
Head into the heart of San Francisco this weekend for the best of local musical talent and cultural performances. The San Francisco Pride event is home to over 20 community-run stages and venues. What better way to experience the city and see firsthand the amazing diversity of the LGBT community in San Francisco?
Saturday June 25th | 10:30-Noon | Presidio | FREE
This Saturday at the Pershing Square in the Presidio there will be a celebration for the wonderful city of San Francisco! In 1775-1776, 240 colonists traveled from what is present day Mexico and founded the Presidio of San Francisco. We have them to thank for their new cultural ideas and era of California history! Come and join the recognition of their incredible journey.
Sunday June 26th | All Day | Treasure Island | $3
Don’t miss out on this modernized market that is home to around 400-curated vendors every month. Vendors sell everything from originally made and designed items, to art and vintage collections. If those weren’t enough to get you excited about this great event, there will also be over 15 food trucks to satisfy all your cravings while you shop! So come out and enjoy the summer while getting spectacular views of downtown San Francisco. What more could you ask for?
Sunday June 26th | 2pm | San Francisco | FREE
Come and be a part of the tradition that has been going strong since 1938! The Stern Grove festival throws free concerts in the park every summer- Free outdoor music? Count us in! Finish out your weekend in this stunning park setting and watch performers such as George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. Get in on the fun this Sunday starting at 2pm!