With the weekend rapidly approaching, it’s time to start making plans! ABCey is proud to bring you the Weekend Lineup, a list of the free events we are most excited about this weekend.
1. Now And Zen Music Festival | Sunday, September 29 | Sharon Meadow, Golden Gate Park| Noon-5| For 15 years, Alice has been putting on a free, end of summer concert and gourmet food festival in Golden Gate Park. And we’re so excited that it’s finally back! This years headliners include the Go0 Go0 Dolls and One Republic, with other musical guests stars the Plain White T’s, Larking Poe, and Walk the Earth. The gates open at 11, and the music begins at noon. Make sure to get there early to ensure good seats!
2. Smithsonian Free Museum Day | Saturday, September 28 | All Day | Various Locations | On Saturday, 17 Smithsonian sponsored museums throughout the bay area will open their doors and offer admission for free! San Francisco locations include the de Young museum, the Legion of Honor, the Museum on Vision, the Chinese Historical Society of America, California Historical Society, and Cartoon Art Museum of California. The event is free, but make to sure to reserve your ticket in advance here.
3. Treasure Island Flea| Saturday, September 28 – Sunday, September 29 | All Day | Great Lawn, Treasure Island | “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.” This weekend, the theme of the flea market is kites! Bring a kite to fly, or make one at the market. And of course shop for eclectic, one of a kind items from dozens of different vendors.
4. Mobile Park Day | Saturday, September 28 | India Basin Shoreline Park | 11 a.m – 2 p.m | This one’s for the kids! Mobile Rec is San Francisco Parks and Recreations new program that encourages kids to “Get out and Play” both now, and for the rest of their lives. On Saturdays throughout the school year, equipment for such activities as rock climbing, skateboarding/BMX, disc golf, and sea kayaking are transported to different parks throughout the city. Kids can come and play, for free, and all equipment is provided. But of course participants are welcome to bring their own. (Please note that helmets are required during skateboarding and BMX activities.)
5. Glen Park Fall Carnival | Saturday, September 28 | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Glen Park School | Another one for the kids. Come to the Glen Park school carnival in celebration of the start of fall. There will be live music, tacos, baked goods, carnival games, a bounce house, and much more. All proceeds will benefit Glen Park school.