The weekend is almost here! Get though these last couple days by checking out ABCey’s weekend lineup, the events we are most excited for this weekend.
1. Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival | Friday, October 4th – Sunday, October 6th | 11 a.m – 7 p.m. | Golden Gate Park | Hardly Strictly is back! With over 90 bands, this has become the largest free music festival in the county. Make sure you check out the lineup on the event website so you don’t miss your favorites!
2. Re:Make by Brit + Co | Friday, October 4th – Saturday, October 5th | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Fort Mason | We are SO excited because the Re:Make by Brit + Co is finally here! Day one is exclusive, consisting of dozens of guest speakers including Jess Lee from Polyvore, Jennifer Hyman from Rent the Runway, and Susan Gregg Koger from Modcloth. Day two is an artisan craft fair open to the public, where over 90 vendors will be showcasing their crafts. Make sure you stop by on the second day, it’s going to be a lot of fun!
3. Sunset Season Closer | Sunday, October 6th | 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. | Stafford Lake, Novato | Come celebrate the last warm days of summer with live entertainment, and a party at Monarch afterwards. There’s no cover charge, but there is a parking fee.
4. Oaktoberfest Beer Festival | Saturday, October 5th | All Day | Dimond District, Oakland | This family friendly beer festival includes live entertainment, an amateur skate competition, German food, and of course a biergarten. The event is free to get into, but make sure to bring money for beer and food.
5. First Fridays Art Crawl | Friday, October 4th | North Beach | 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. | Every first Friday of the month, art galleries, museums, bars, and restaurants in North Beach stay open late for self guided tours. There are over a dozen participants, including Focus Gallery, Live Worms, and Park and Pond.
What will you be doing this weekend? Let us know in the comments, or on Facebook or Twitter!