We are so excited for all the fun things going on in San Francisco this weekend! Here at ABCey, we like to get a jump start by coming up with our plans for the days ahead. Here are the events we are really looking forward to!
FEATURED EVENT: Beats for Boobs | Saturday, January 25th| Mezzanine| 7pm| The volunteer based fundraiser is kicking off 2014 by celebrating its 10 Year Anniversary! Come out and enjoy the fun while contributing to a great cause. Beats for Boobs San Francisco has been raising funds for local breast cancer organizations for a decade! The event combines a live fashion show, food, DJ lineup, art, and education. This is a can’t miss celebration! The fun doesn’t stop there, challenge yourself by taking on the Boobie Prize Wheel, and hey, it’s all for an amazing cause. I know where I’ll be spending my Saturday! Purchase your tickets, and if you can’t make it, you can still give a donation.
1. Tech in Motion: Startup to Success | Thursday, January 23rd| Startup House| 6:30pm-8pm| Join the first Tech in Motion meet-up of 2014! Tech in Motion San Francisco is hosting its first ever panel discussion. Various experts in the tech industry will be participating by sharing their secrets to success. Perri Blake Gorman, Founder and CEO of Archively, a company that approaches problems in HR Tech, will serve as the moderator for the panel. Tech industry participants include Poornima Vijayashanker, Scott Bedard, Jakob Storm, and Kieran Farr. Hear their great insights and learn how you can be successful in the industry!
2. Smug Shift | Friday, January 24th| The Verdi Club| 10:30pm| Local comedians Brent Weinbach and Moshe Kasher began their comedy show in Oakland called Smug Shift. Their show is unique because it takes stand-up comedy out of the club, and into warehouse spaces and rock venues! These two comedians draw in audiences that wouldn’t normally go out to see comedy by bringing the comedy club to them! With sketch and video included throughout their show, Brent and Moshe will put on an unforgettable performance as part of SF Sketchfest! Named “Best of the Bay” by the East Bay Express, this is a comical experience you don’t want to miss.
3. Battle of the Decades| Friday, January 24th| Monroe| 6pm-10pm| Combine a Happy Hour, after work party, theme night, and DJ showcase and what do you get?! An awesome Friday night! Here is what you can expect for this fun-filled event: a Food Truck, and each hour representing a different decade of music and drink prices! 6 pm kicks off with 70’s music with 70’s drink prices. Each hour moves through the 80’s, 90’s, 2000’s, and the current top 40 music selections! Come out to see which decade is your favorite.
4. San Francisco Symphony | Saturday, January 25th| Davies Symphony Hall| 2pm| This production is both exciting and enjoyable for all ages! The kid-sized classical concert is designed for families in the Bay area. It explores Music Here, There, Everywhere! Music is everywhere in our lives, and people of all ages can learn to appreciate the sounds they hear wherever they go. Tickets come at a reasonable cost, and are half price for ages 17 and under. Enjoy a family filled Saturday with the San Francisco Symphony!
5. San Francisco Fine Print Fair | Saturday, January 25th – Sunday, January 26th| The Golden Gate Club | 10 am-6pm| The annual Fair is made up of comprehensive printmaking created by renowned artists. The event is organized by the International Fine Print Dealers Association, a non-profit organization. All work can be purchased at an affordable price. Gruenwald Press will put on printmaking demonstrations during the day. At 10 am on Sunday, January 26th, come out for a free lecture presented by Michael Labrie, Director of Collections at the Walt Disney Family Museum.