This weekend’s star is the highly-anticipated picturesque weather, which is sure to usher summer into the bay area. ABCey has pulled together events for everyone ranging from startup founders, oyster lovers, and ambitious dogs. Have fun this weekend visiting the events featured in ABCey’s Weekend Line-Up!
1. The Startup Conference | Thursday, May 30th | 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. | 2223 Broadway St., Redwood City | If you’re eager to learn how startup businesses start up, this is how you should spend your Thursday. In the heart of Silicon Valley amongst over two thousand entrepreneurs, you’ll learn how to pitch your ideas, find co-founders, launch your product to the press, and anything else pertaining to starting a business. You can either pay to present your ideas at the conference or attend for free and bask in the innovation that emanates from the tech hub of the country. Find the full day’s schedule here!
2. Guinness Oyster and Music Festival | Saturday, June 1st | 11 a.m.- 6 p.m. | Sharon Meadow, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco | We admit it- mixing Guinness and oysters may not sound like the best combination at first glance. But if you’re a foodie, beer-lover, or music fan, you cannot miss this event. (Let’s face it, you must fall into one of these categories!) You’ll find two stages of live music, plenty of food and beer, and oyster-themed events like a “shuck and swallow” competition and oyster cooking classes. After all, it is the largest oyster festival on the west coast.
3. Union Street Festival | Saturday and Sunday, June 1st & 2nd | 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. | Union Street from Gough to Steiner, San Francisco | If June signals the start of summer, then the Union Street Festival commences the season of street festivals! The Union Street Festival is one of the oldest and largest free festivals in San Francisco history, and there’s a reason it has stuck around. Picture an entire, normal city street transformed into a giant market for artisan goods from across America. Our advice? Grab an ice cream cone from Humphry Sloecombe and browse the wares on the jazz-laden Union.
4. Wedding and Special Events Expo | Sunday, June 2nd | 12-3 p.m. | 625 Redwood Highway, Mill Valley | Before beginning the madness of trying to please guests at your next event, spend an afternoon letting this expo host you. While you sip cocktails, munch on gourmet food, and enjoy a gorgeous view over Richardson Bay, don’t forget how much this expo has to offer. Florists, musicians, designers, and other vendors will be available to answer any and all questions you may have regarding your next special event. The best advice you’ll receive: talk to ABCey Events!
5. Million Dog March | Sunday, June 2nd | McLaren Park, San Francisco | If your dog’s bummed that he had to miss Bay to Breakers, here’s the perfect way to make it up to him! Join the rest of the bay in attempts to set the Guinness World Record for largest dog walk across three miles of breathtaking city views. Grab the leash and treat your loyal buddy to an extra special walk this weekend.
What will you be doing this weekend? Tell us below in a comment or on Facebook and Twitter!