What better time than now to try out some new SF hot spots and attend some great events? Well…. there isn’t one! Take advantage of the beautiful weekend weather and explore more of our beloved city, or take a cruise to Tahoe for some fun in the snow. ABCey has put together a quick list of what’s in store this weekend!
1. SnowFest 2013 | Fri, Sat & Sun | Tahoe | It’s kind of like Freezing Man as opposed to Burning Man. The Space Cowboys will make your weekend in the snow as epic as that hot week in the summer, but in a different way. Get ready to experience Tahoe as never before with three days of dancing and partying fun. Friday night, enjoy the après ski danceparty under the gondola, complete with fireworks and other excellencies of the like. Saturday there is a day party for those snow bunnies without the requisite skill, desire, or monetary levels to truly hit the slopes. And then there is a fun-for-all on Saturday night as you party like (almost) Tahoe locals behind the Safeway at one of Truckee’s hottest spots, the Lakeside Club.
2. Hand to Mouth: Celebrity! | Friday | The Dark Room | James Fluty and Trevor Hill present Hand to Mouth: a monthly, topic-based comedy show where each edition explores a specific social, cultural or political issue. One show, one topic.
3. UNPLUG SF: Device-Free Drinks Party | Friday | Cell Space | An off-the-grid party to celebrate the National Day of Unplugging. Check your phone at the door and you’ll redefine what it means to truly be connected. It will be a night of Digital Detox goodness – massage lounge, live music, typewriters, arts and crafts, hand-drawn portraits, board games, dancing… you name it!
4. Camp Question Mark’s Silent Disco on BART | Saturday | BART | ZEROdb has taken the music community by storm with their ‘silent’ parties. And they’re back this time with another takeover of BART. Hop on the train at a designated station, receive your headphones (in exchange for your ID), and enjoy the ride. Each DJ set will broadcast on a channel through the headphones, and without them, you will be unable to hear the bass beats of DJs like Rebirth, Megowan, and Stylust Beats. For something out of the ordinary, hop on BART this Saturday.
5. Indie Festival: Noise Pop 2013 | Fri, Sat & Sun | Noise Pop is an indie music, arts, and film festival. Noise Pop has brought early exposure to many emerging artists who have gone on to achieve widespread acclaim. Notable acts have included the White Stripes, Modest Mouse, The Flaming Lips, Death Cab for Cutie, The Shins, Bright Eyes, Best Coast, and Jeff Tweedy.
Let us know which ones you’ll be attending in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter! ABCey will be up in Tahoe for the SnowFest festivities, so be sure to say hello. Hope to see you all there!